The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even DarthVice/KraytDragon/OSCORP/VICECORP has turned. That just leaves Nova, wez, dickhard and bullseye who dug it. :lol

I gave it a 8 outta 9 it was decent to me but not the best spidey movie. I'm awaiting the sequal. Spidey 2 remains my favorite. ASM is my third

I gave it a 8 outta 9 it was decent to me but not the best spidey movie. I'm awaiting the sequal. Spidey 2 remains my favorite. ASM is my third

I'm hoping we don't see Goblin or Mary Jane in the sequel. WAY too soon for that and it'd potentially be yet another rehash of territory already covered by Raimi. On my list, ASM was only marginally better than Spider-Man 3.

^ Agreed 100%.

While it's better in a sense then Spider-Man 3, it's also worse due to it not doing anything new. Spidey 3 at least did something new. It was a terrible, forced direction to go in...but it was different.

Man the hype for that movie was insane. I'll never forget I almost cried during the first trailer screening and that never happens. I wanted to love that movie so bad but I was let down extremly.

^ Agreed 100%.

While it's better in a sense then Spider-Man 3, it's also worse due to it not doing anything new. Spidey 3 at least did something new. It was a terrible, forced direction to go in...but it was different.

That was my biggest problem with ASM from the start. Same ol ****, just not as good. :lol

But yet you want them to put Venom in ASAP. :monkey1 :lol

Damn right. He wasnt done a justice in that movie. Venom is an awesome villian and my favorite villain of all time. He drove spiderman nearly insane. He's the perfect villain but so hard to put on screen dadly.

Damn right. He wasnt done a justice in that movie. Venom is an awesome villian and my favorite villain of all time. He drove spiderman nearly insane. He's the perfect villain but so hard to put on screen dadly.

That's the problem though. He'll suck wholeheartedly unless there's a multi-film buildup. It's not something you can do over the course of a film. You need to establish Brock, then the symbiote costume with Spider-Man and then lead into Venom. Anything shorter than 2 films will feel contrived and hurried. Spreading it out over the course of 3 films would be the ideal way to go. Hell, then you can even capitalize with Carnage in a 4th and have Venom and Spider-Man team up to defeat him.

After watching the DVD rip i torrented,(the moral police still butt-hurt over this? LOL) i have to downgrade the film a bit from an 8 to 7.5 maybe even a 7. It's a good start, but like many it just was not needed to go through origin again.

Still better than Raimi's start, but i'm sick of the same ol same ol. I hope they move on from HS crap in the sequel, and go in a totally new direction. Again very good start, but let's go already!!

I like the HS setting, it's a big segment of PP's life and wasn't utilized in Raimi's attempts.

I didn't want an origin either but am totally fine with it as it doesn't rush through his life too fast like the others did and gives more time for the character. Plus the villians and supporting characters can get another interpretation since they were killed off or glossed over in the last lot.

Without the BB reboot they could never have used Joker again since Burton killed him, same thing can work for Goblin.

Originally Posted by thenammagazine said:
Even DarthVice/KraytDragon/OSCORP/VICECORP has turned. That just leaves Nova, wez, dickhard and bullseye who dug it.

And Chapter2099, Edheng, Science Friction, Hulk339, jme_c and thousands upon thousands of others :nana:

Last edited:
That's the problem though. He'll suck wholeheartedly unless there's a multi-film buildup. It's not something you can do over the course of a film. You need to establish Brock, then the symbiote costume with Spider-Man and then lead into Venom. Anything shorter than 2 films will feel contrived and hurried. Spreading it out over the course of 3 films would be the ideal way to go. Hell, then you can even capitalize with Carnage in a 4th and have Venom and Spider-Man team up to defeat him.

:goodpost:

Although, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to do it all in one movie. I thought Nolan did a good job with Two-Face. Harvey was only in one movie and his transformation, fall from grace, and death without redemption were effective in telling a tragic tale.

:goodpost:

Although, it's not IMPOSSIBLE to do it all in one movie. I thought Nolan did a good job with Two-Face. Harvey was only in one movie and his transformation, fall from grace, and death without redemption were effective in telling a tragic tale.

I disagree. The movie was so convoluted most walked away thinking the story was about Joker and Batman. Two-Face got robbed.

I disagree. The movie was so convoluted most walked away thinking the story was about Joker and Batman. Two-Face got robbed.

:exactly: That's one of my biggest complaints about The Dark Knight. Two-Face is way to significant of a character to be in the movie for only thirty minutes. Harvey shouldve became Two-Face at the very end of the film, setting him up as the villain for the third film.

SM3 was convoluted. Did TDK have a lot of stuff and characters in it? Yes. But Nolan struck a good balance of all the action. I didn't walk away thinking about only Batman and Joker. I thought about Gordon and all of his officers, Maroni and all of the gangsters, Harvey and Rachel, Lucius, Alfred, Engel, Reese, etc... Not my problem you couldn't remember all of the stuff from the movie other than Batman and Joker :dunno

And while your statement "Two-Face got robbed" rings true, it doesn't affect the story Nolan wanted to tell. It was a fall from grace and we felt for Harvey and his friends when that happened. The story was about HARVEY DENT, not Two-Face. Oldman's performance at the end with Gordon's family and then the coverup monologue and conversation with Batman all solidified it for me.

SM3 was convoluted. Did TDK have a lot of stuff and characters in it? Yes. But Nolan struck a good balance of all the action. I didn't walk away thinking about only Batman and Joker. I thought about Gordon and all of his officers, Maroni and all of the gangsters, Harvey and Rachel, Lucius, Alfred, Engel, Reese, etc... Not my problem you couldn't remember all of the stuff from the movie other than Batman and Joker :dunno

Nobody was saying SM3 wasn't. And no, Nolan didn't strike a good balance. He confused many, MANY of the films viewers into thinking it was a Batman/Joker film, beit through screen time, marketing, etc., so much so that time and again, even the staunchest of the self proclaimed "experts/fanboys" fail to realize that TDK was essentially the Rise and Fall of Harvey Dent.

That was my biggest problem with ASM from the start. Same ol ****, just not as good. :lol

:slap

Same ol statement that it was the same, along with the same ol lack of anything to prove it :lol

Hey remember in ASM when Mary Jane got into a fight with her boyfriend or when Green Goblin did that thing on the balcony or when the building was on fire or when Peter moved in with his friend or when the Goblin attacked JJJ?

Yeah, didn't think so!

Last edited:
:slap

Same ol statement that it was the same, along with the same ol lack of anything to prove it :lol

Hey remember in ASM when Mary Jane got into a fight with her boyfriend or when Green Goblin did that thing on the balcony or when the building was on fire or when Peter moved in with his friend or when the Goblin attacked JJJ?

Yeah, didn't think so!

I've got your back Nova. ASM is about as similar to Raimi's Spiderman as TDK is to Batman and Robin:lol

Back