The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spider-Man 3 sucked.

The Amazing Spider-Man sucks.

The Amazing Spider-Man isn't as good as Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. It's not even good.

Harvey Dent/Two-Face isn't as good as he could have been in TDK and doesn't live up to the character's full potential. It didn't kill the film though and it's still waaaaaaay better than Amazing Spider-Man.

Amazing Spider-Man The Dark Knight and Raimi's Spider-Man Batman and Robin.

I've got your back Nova. ASM is about as similar to Raimi's Spiderman as TDK is to Batman and Robin:lol

1252304772912.png

:slap

Same ol statement that it was the same, along with the same ol lack of anything to prove it :lol

Hey remember in ASM when Mary Jane got into a fight with her boyfriend or when Green Goblin did that thing on the balcony or when the building was on fire or when Peter moved in with his friend or when the Goblin attacked JJJ?

Yeah, didn't think so!

Nothing to prove it? Ive told you atleast 20 times why ASM sucked you just choose to ignore it.:lol...................................

Here you go hot shot, from back in August;

Did you not read what I posted? And you expect me to make a list explaining what I felt was the same about ASM and Spiderman? You know what would be a shorter list? The things that were different. :lol Its not about what is in the movie, its about what isn't. Where's the "Untold story?" What happened to the search for Uncle Bens killer? What happened to peters parents? Or what about in the trailers, "If you want the truth about your father, come and get it." or "You think what happened to you was an accident? There seemed to be a HUGE chunk of the story involving peters connection between his father and connors that was cut from the movie. If I wouldve known that the origin wouldve been much of the same as the original film, except with a few MINOR details changed, I wouldve preferred they just skipped it. Top that with average acting at best and a terrible soundtrack, you get a below par film.

Even DarthVice/KraytDragon/OSCORP/VICECORP has turned. That just leaves Nova, wez, dickhard and bullseye who dug it. :lol

LMAO---->:lol:lol:rotfl:lol

Of course, who could forget this post....

Well, the haterz haven't got a leg to stand on anymore. This movie had the ultimate potential to suck, and was doomed by haters from the beginning. But IT DOESN'T!!!

lololollololololololololololololololololololololololololollololoololllolololololoolololoololoooololoooolooooololololololoololol/gasp//lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololloololololool/sigh/lolololololololololololololololollolololol/

Enjoy the movie guys.

The above post was from this thread on 07-02-2012, during his banning as OSCORP.

He should have been perma-banned based on this alone.

Spider-Man 3 sucked.

:lecture
That's a fact. Does anyone like this movie? Seriously, if Celtic Predator doesn't like it, you know it's bad :lol

The Amazing Spider-Man sucks.

I agree with this.

The Amazing Spider-Man isn't as good as Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2. It's not even good.

I am not so sure if it's "not even good." It's hard to say comparing it to Raimi's movies. If Raimi hadn't made any movies and this was the first live-action Spidey movie, would I hate it as much? No. Not at all. I might actually like it. But because Raimi did make his movies and this one felt so similar, I don't like it. What's its purpose? There is none. It's a remake of SM1 and a lot of rumors for the sequel can't get me excited for that either because it's still sounds like elements of SM1 are going to pop up :slap

Harvey Dent/Two-Face isn't as good as he could have been in TDK and doesn't live up to the character's full potential. It didn't kill the film though and it's still waaaaaaay better than Amazing Spider-Man.

I agree that Two-Face got shafted on screen time but it worked in the context of the story Nolan had created. I'm not gonna argue with Nam because he's right, too many people miss that Harvey Dent is the focus in TDK. But that doesn't not make it a movie about Batman and Joker. It is a movie about many things that were intertwined into one narrative. Just because some people don't pick up on all of the themes and story threads doesn't mean Nolan dropped the ball. It's not how you'd have done it? Fine. But that doesn't make his way wrong. Everything had a purpose and fit naturally into the film. Nothing felt forced to me. I have heard some people say that it should be longer and that it feels too rushed and jam packed. On the opposite side, I've heard some say it's too long and drags on forever and needs to be shorter. I am of the mindset that it's just right. All opinion. I do agree that if Venom's in a movie, he should be given time in multiple films to be set up. Much like Raimi did with Harry and seemed to be doing with Doctor Connors/Lizard.

Amazing Spider-Man The Dark Knight and Raimi's Spider-Man Batman and Robin.

To think anyone would make such an analogy... :cuckoo: Seriously.... :thud:

I'm not repeating myself on how many similarities there were between Raimi's Spider-Man films and ASM. It felt like a remake, not a reboot. Celtic Predator, DiFabio, Nam, and likely many others have all stated the same obvious connections. And apparently some of its biggest advocates have seen it again and admit it's not as good as they had thought.

If you like it, that's fine. You can like it. But to hate on the originals and dismiss them as crap when so many things from those originals pop again makes absolutely no sense! I prefer Nolan's movies to Burton's, but I don't dismiss the originals as garbage like so many ASM fans do to Raimi's.

Nothing to prove it? Ive told you atleast 20 times why ASM sucked you just choose to ignore it.

Again you've said nothing about how it's the same ol same film as SM1. :dunno :lol

You can say why you don't like it til the cows come home and thats fine, but unless you can show how its the same film, don't state that its the same :lecture

Different characters? CHECK
Different setting (majority)? CHECK
Different villain? CHECK
Different powers? CHECK
Ddifferent story? CHECK

There is far more different than similar :lecture

Why do you and Nam and Celtic and K07 post in this thread if you hate the film so much, we all post when we don't like something a couple of time more perhap and then move on, why don't you guys move on? Do you secretly love it or what? :dunno

Last edited:
Again you've said nothing about how it's the same ol same film as SM1. :dunno :lol

You can say why you don't like it til the cows come home and thats fine, but unless you can show how its the same film, don't state that its the same :lecture

Different characters, different setting (majority) different villain, different origin, different story... There is far more different than similar :lecture

Why do you and Nam and Celtic and K07 write in this thread if you hate the film so much, we all post when we don't like something and then move on, why don't you guys move on? Do you secretly love it or what? :dunno

Did you not read what I posted? And you expect me to make a list explaining what I felt was the same about ASM and Spiderman? You know what would be a shorter list? The things that were different. Its not about what is in the movie, its about what isn't. Where's the "Untold story?" What happened to the search for Uncle Bens killer? What happened to peters parents? Or what about in the trailers, "If you want the truth about your father, come and get it." or "You think what happened to you was an accident? There seemed to be a HUGE chunk of the story involving peters connection between his father and connors that was cut from the movie. If I wouldve known that the origin wouldve been much of the same as the original film, except with a few MINOR details changed, I wouldve preferred they just skipped it. Top that with average acting at best and a terrible soundtrack, you get a below par film.

Did you not read what I posted? And you expect me to make a list explaining what I felt was the same about ASM and Spiderman? You know what would be a shorter list? The things that were different. Its not about what is in the movie, its about what isn't].Where's the "Untold story?" What happened to the search for Uncle Bens killer? What happened to peters parents? Or what about in the trailers, "If you want the truth about your father, come and get it." or "You think what happened to you was an accident? There seemed to be a HUGE chunk of the story involving peters connection between his father and connors that was cut from the movie. If I wouldve known that the origin wouldve been much of the same as the original film, except with a few MINOR details changed, I wouldve preferred they just skipped it. Top that with average acting at best and a terrible soundtrack, you get a below par film.

:lol :lol :slap

So your pissed about everything that wasn't in the film instead of sitting back and judging the film on the actual film itself

Pretty much 95% of the hate for this film isn't about the actual film itself.

It's all because it's not Spider-Man 4 or because it's an origin or because it cut parts of the untold story.

People need to get over that **** and look at the film that's there on the screen, not the film that's not there :lecture

^ The film on screen is boring.

Even if I had no knowledge of those scenes, the film would still be dull, and too similar to the first one.

Which is funny. Since it's "closer to the comic"...:lol

When i watched Star Trek (2009) i could've sat there and sulked about the lack of Shatner and Nicholls and Takei, longed for the old Enterprise bridge and got angry over the lack of Red Shirt deaths.

But if i did that i'd have stopped myself from enjoying what was happening in the here and now on-screen.

It was a reboot, a fresh start, so i didn't waste time on what coulda shoulda woulda been instead i sat back, bought into the premise and watched the story being told.

I did the same thing for ASM and i enjoyed what happened on the screen

Last edited:
Here it is! The list!

Black is Raimi

:D
Sans the opening scene....

Peter goes to school, gets bullied.

Peter goes to school, and gets bullied.

Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people.

Peter goes home to his aunt and uncle, working on ____, and bickering like old people. But he finds a suitcase and cries.

Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

Peter meets the villain when he's nice.

Peter goes to a science building.

Peter goes to a science building.

Peter gets bitten in that science building by accident.

Peter gets bit because he's nosy.

Peter sleeps, and now has powers.

Peter sleeps, and now has powers...on a train.

Peter discovers his powers in ally ways, and his room.

Peter discovers his powers in ally ways and his room.

Osborne is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

Connors is going to get fired if he doesn't test the serum.

Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

Uncle Ben and Peter have an argument.

Peter goes rasslin for money.

Peter goes to get milk.

Douchy wrestler guy pisses off Pete and won't give him money.

Clerk pisses off Peter, and won't let him use the money he has.

Robber steals the money with a gun to the guy's face.

Robber steals money from the register in a very casual, and non threatening way.

Robber doesn't help Pete, but he lets him go, cuz the guy stiffed him for 2,900 bucks.

Robber helps Pete by giving him milk. So Pete lets him go. Cuz the guy stiffed him for 2 cents.

Pete lets him go out of revenge.

Robber tripped, and lost his gun (Big difference here!!), and Uncle Ben picks it up, and fights someone with a loaded pistol. He gets shot, and dies on the spot. But he knows who he is.

Robber at some point kills Uncle Ben, and Spider-Man doesn't know who.

He hunts for the Robber.

He hunts for the Robber.

He doesn't find the Robber.

He finds the Robber.

He becomes Spider-Man to be a vigilante.

He becomes Spider-Man because he now knows what it means to be a hero.

Connors tests the serum on himself.

Osborne tests the serum on himself (happened earlier...but whatever)

Spider-Man saves people from burning things.

Spider-Man saves people from burning things.

Conners has two personalities and talks to himself.

Osborn has two personalities and talks to himself.

Connors finds out who Peter Parker is.

Osborne finds out who Peter Parker is.

Connors wants to turn people into Lizards.

Osborne wants to ____ with Spidey, because he's a ____. Different character motivations now.

Anyhoo, the final battle isn't much like the Raimi first film. Except towards the end....kinda

New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of dire need.

New Yorkers help Spidey in a time of need.

I would say, the end is more like Spidey 2....so we're going there for a second.

Connors plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his self due to the serum hitting him.

Doc Ock's plan is thwarted, and reverts back to his-self due to getting electrocuted. And getting talked too.

Connors gets talked too earlier.

Anyway, back to Spidey 1.

Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

Peter Parker's best friend's dad dies, and they have a funeral for him.

Gwen Stacy wanted Peter to be there, so she could tell him she loves him.

Mary Jane wanted to tell Peter she loved him. She was there. \

Gwen confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to your dead dad, even though you know i'm Spidey".

Mary Jane confronts Peter, and Peter says "No, it's a bad idea. I made a promise to myself. You saw the ____ that happened, even though you don't know i'm Spidey."

Peter says yes at the end.

Peter says no at the end.

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man.

Who am I? I'm Spider-Man

Swing till the credits.

Swing till the credits.

I win.

If you show the public a trailer that promises to reveal the untold story of Peter Parker's parents with ominous lines about coming and getting the truth and the fact that the bite was not an accident, then you are setting them up for disappointment when you cut those lines and plot points out of the final cut.

My enjoyment of the film was impacted by the discrepancy between the advertising and the finished product. The untold story about his parents remains largely untold.

:lol :lol :slap

So your pissed about everything that wasn't in the film instead of sitting back and judging the film on the actual film itself

Pretty much 95% of the hate for this film isn't about the actual film itself.

It's all because it's not Spider-Man 4 or because it's an origin or because it cut parts of the untold story.

People need to get over that **** and look at the film that's there on the screen, not the film that's not there :lecture

It's funny how you say that like it's no big deal.

:lol :lol :lol

Are you fu***** serious? Yeah I was pissed that we (the audience) were basically lied too, when they said that this would be an "all new, UNTOLD STORY" Seems to me that maybe youre the one that needs to get over it. You wonder why we keep coming back in this thread? Because Its fu***** hilarious that you can't stand that others dont LOVE and praise this film as much as you do. Youve even gone as far as to say it was the "Greatest superhero movie of all time" and you even gave it a 10/10. :rotfl

Back