The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie NAILS Spider-man in my opinion. This is finally how the character should look like on-screen. The costume is nothing short of perfect and is the BEST comic-to-live-action translation of a costume. Everything about it works. Andrew Garfield is also GREAT in both roles. His Spider-man is humorous, funny yet still gives that "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man" vibe that grabs an assist from several heart-warming scenes that show Spidey SAVING EVERYDAY PEOPLE. Something that lacks in a lot of superhero movies as of late. You can tell when the graphics are CGI, but the action is so much fun, colorful and dazzling that you feel like you're reading a Spider-man comic. The Web-slinger moves EXACTLY like he goes in the comic books and the film crew does a good job of making sure you can follow the action during the intense CGI scenes with some "slow-mo" parts that I personally liked. There's not too much of the "shaky cam" we've seen in previous films.

Spider-man looks "right" on-screen and looks like he dived right out of the comic books.

I agree with this 100% and I am 100% sure it's the reason I enjoyed the film as much as I did.

I'm a bigger spiderman fan than batman and superman easily, but I thought tdkr and mos were really good and ASM 1 was boring and sucked bad.

All comic book films are going to be divisive because they are an interpretation of an existing fictional work. It also doesn't help that Spider-man had a previous movie series that is sometimes used by fans as the "measuring stick". Just like Superman had with the Reeve series and now Batman has with the Burton/Schmaucher flicks and now the Nolan trilogy. There's always ONE strong movie which fans like setting as the "benchmark" and are constantly going into the newer movies with the anticipation that it will be better or as good as their "benchmark" flick.

Think of the numerous movies based off Shakespeare plays or other novels. The thing is that fans can be very critical of ALL the interpretations. We just hear it more from superhero movies because they're "in" right now.

If they EVENTUALLY reboot the Avengers/Iron man/Thor/Captain America/etc. you'll hear the same divisive outlooks. The only success seems to be when the ORIGINAL movies are so horribly bad that it's difficult to do anything that can be worst...

Its a divisive one, just like ASM 1. Much like MOS and TDKR in this regard.

A truly great movie shouldn't be divisive IMO.

That's a tricky one I find a few great movies that I just don't enjoy Godfather comes to mind.

Most movies will always be divisive in these boards, it doesn't represent people out there in the real world.

Yup, unfortunately I think at times people forget how to go out there and "enjoy" movies anymore.

Instead they're looking for plot-holes, bad acting, terrible CGI, etc.

I go to the movies to be entertained, I will comment on things that I think can be improved upon or wish they did differently. But at the end, I won't see a movie if it looks boring to me. I can't remember the last time I was outright bored at a movie because I only see things that look entertaining to me.

I agree with that.

This movie was fun, enjoyable, colorful and kinetic, whatever you want to call it.

But its no Cap 2, TDK, BB, STM, 89 Batman, Avengers, S2 blah blah blah.

But its also no B&R, FF1/2, GR1/2, Elektra, Catwoman, Blade 3, Daredevil, Punisher.

Its in a weird middle spot between those 2 groups where movies are heavily contested, your TDKR, MOS, IM3, ASM1 group.

Last edited:
When I say 'divisive' I don't mean one or two people out of 10 going against the grain, I'm talking about (at least what appears to be) a more even split - like 5/10.

Of course, every film that is regarded as great has people who don't like it. But why is the debate always about TDKR and not Batman Begins or The Dark Knight? Those first two are quite clearly widely loved even on Sideshow Freaks. TDKR, not so much.

Yup, unfortunately I think at times people forget how to go out there and "enjoy" movies anymore.

Instead they're looking for plot-holes, bad acting, terrible CGI, etc.

Nah. I went into this presuming that I would enjoy it actually. I wasn't looking for things to complain about - they were simply there.

I agree with that.

This movie was fun, enjoyable, colorful and kinetic, whatever you want to call it.

But its no Cap 2, TDK, BB, STM, 89 Batman, Avengers, S2 blah blah blah.

But its also no B&R, FF1/2, GR1/2, Elektra, Catwoman, Blade 3, Punisher.

Its in a weird middle spot between those 2 groups where movies are heavily contested, your TDKR, MOS, IM3, ASM1 group.

You didn't like the first punisher? :horror. I think it's underrated. Never saw the second when they changed the lead. I agree with Bardoon when it comes to be entertained, but ASM 1 was so boring to me that it leaves me with little hope for the rest of the spiderman films. Still have to see this.

I know they wanted a teen romance , but he was acting a bit scatter brain more then he was in the first movie. Not to mention the we can we cant be together was getting exhausting.

He was never portrayed this way in the comic or the older cartoons this is a bit like that dam ultimate spiderman cartoon come to life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back