The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually excited to watch this in IMAX 3D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMAX Mondo poster

ASM2_FanFix_Blog_1000x1444.jpg

Weird that Fandango is offering a free ticket promo... pre-sales not that strong perhaps?

https://variety.com/2014/film/news/...six-drawing-director-drew-goddard-1201153927/

Drew Goddard is in negotiations to direct Sony’s Spider-Man spin-off “Sinister Six” from his own script.

The studio and Marvel Entertainment first revealed the “Sinister Six” and “Venom” projects in December, including Goddard being attached as a writer with an eye to direct.

Both projects are being produced by Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach as part of Sony’s move to expand the Spider-Man universe by bringing in villains.

The “Sinister Six” supervillains first appeared in 1964 and were drawn from Spider-Man’s list of enemies. Led by Doctor Octopus, they included Electro, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Sandman and The Vulture.

Goddard, who made his feature directorial debut with “The Cabin in the Woods,” is one of five writers — along with Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, Jeff Pinkner and Ed Solomon — who will collaborate on overseeing the developing story over several films.

The five writers, along with the two producers and Marc Webb, have formed a “franchise brain trust” to expand the universe for the brand — licensed from Marvel — and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films.

Webb directed 2012′s franchise reboot “The Amazing Spider-Man” and the upcoming “The Amazing Spider-Man 2.” Kurtzman, Orci and Pinkner wrote the screenplay for the latter, which Arad and Tolmach produced.

Kurtzman, Orci and Pinkner are writing the screenplay for “The Amazing Spider-Man 3,” with Webb directing. That film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016.

“The Amazing Spider-Man 4″ has already been dated for May 4, 2018. “Venom” and “Sinister Six” have not been dated.

Goddard is repped by UTA.

I hope this doesn’t interfere with the Daredevil show.

I have no problems with this plan on one condition.

They can't leave Spidey out of any of these altogether.

ASM 1-4 should be like 70 percent Spiderman / 30 percent Villains

Venom should still have Parker/Spiderman in it, just with the focus shifted. More like 70% Venom, 30 Spiderman.

But by Sinister Six they should have the villains established and it should be predominantly a Spiderman movie. No less than 60/40 anyway, especially since it will seemingly all lead to that being the last movie.

Venom I'd say can exist without Peter/Spidey. After they've introduced the Symbiote and stuff.

They could have characters from ASM3 or ASM4 in venom. For instance the Daily Bugle staff could be in ASM3 and in Vehom with them being the connection, it would be cool to see Peter in the background working at his station as we follow Brock into and out of the staffroom.

It would've been cool to see Hawkeye in the background of a talkie scene in TWS, no significance to the scene just him as an extra.

As of now main heroes have always have a significance to the scenes they are in, I'd like to see one just going about their own business in the background as we follow the character the story is about.

I have no problems with this plan on one condition.

They can't leave Spidey out of any of these altogether.

ASM 1-4 should be like 70 percent Spiderman / 30 percent Villains

Venom should still have Parker/Spiderman in it, just with the focus shifted. More like 70% Venom, 30 Spiderman.

But by Sinister Six they should have the villains established and it should be predominantly a Spiderman movie. No less than 60/40 anyway, especially since it will seemingly all lead to that being the last movie.

Totally agree, you can't make a Spidey universe film without some inclusion of Spidey, and it shouldn't be just a mention of him. I can't imagine a venom film without at least the climax battle including Spidey.

I like the idea of doing a "villains" movie. This is an interesting take on "building" a universe much like the Marvel Cinematic one that Marvel Studios has done. Approaching it from the other angle and making the villains stand out could make for a very interesting conflict when they finally meet up with Spidey. I'm sure the filmmakers will try to make some of the villains look sympathetic to appeal to the audiences (much Sandman in Raimi's "Spider-man 3").

I'm really excited to see this angle and what comes out of it!

Back