The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just how exactly do we get our hands on the Paitent X ?
just in case we know someone who was into that sort of thing :)

No kidding. I've been looking for a while myself. I'd be happy with recast head and hands at this point. Can't afford the 300$ or so for PZ. but a PX would fill the spot nicely.

No kidding. I've been looking for a while myself. I'd be happy with recast head and hands at this point. Can't afford the 300$ or so for PZ. but a PX would fill the spot nicely.

I tried contacting the guy but he flaked out on me and never responded to my messages. So no PX for me.... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Somebody send it to me to paint.....so I can recast it.:D

:lol:lol:lol

I added a tan trenchcoat (similar to CSM) to 560 from my Eddie Rickenbacker figure. It looks pretty good, but needs some grime and blood. So what are the best methods to apply grime and blood to clothing. I don't want to go overboard, but enough to fit in with the rest of his clothes and the rest of the line.

I am trying to post a pic of it, but I can't find the darn cord that connects the camera to the computer! :monkey4

Well, I just caved and ordered my first The Dead figure, Corporate Spokesman. I can't wait!!!

I added a tan trenchcoat (similar to CSM) to 560 from my Eddie Rickenbacker figure. It looks pretty good, but needs some grime and blood. So what are the best methods to apply grime and blood to clothing. I don't want to go overboard, but enough to fit in with the rest of his clothes and the rest of the line.

I am trying to post a pic of it, but I can't find the darn cord that connects the camera to the computer! :monkey4

Best thing to do to get soaked in grime and blood is to soak the the jacket and add watered down paint to it. After that you can add darker stains to it as it dries. And to really set it off, get an old toothbrush and dip it in watered down paint and run your fingers across the bristles to get the splatter effect. It really works miracles to make your figure look really filthy and disgusting. :rock

Thanks I was wondering how to do splatter blood. My toothbrush is getting pretty beat up anyway :lol

Do you have a prefered paint color for the grime? Its a tan jacket (well you'll be getting it soon if you haven't yet since you ordered him too) so grime should show up well.

I have a bottle of that fake blood from the Wal-Mart Halloween isle (called Bottle of Blood). I used it on a Halloween costume before and it looks identical to the blood Sideshow uses on their clothing. I may mix in some paint blood though for darker areas.

Thanks I was wondering how to do splatter blood. My toothbrush is getting pretty beat up anyway :lol

Do you have a prefered paint color for the grime? Its a tan jacket (well you'll be getting it soon if you haven't yet since you ordered him too) so grime should show up well.

I have a bottle of that fake blood from the Wal-Mart Halloween isle (called Bottle of Blood). I used it on a Halloween costume before and it looks identical to the blood Sideshow uses on their clothing. I may mix in some paint blood though for darker areas.

For grime I do three shades... Dark brown, light brown and black. Layered right it works wonders. And fake blood works well too. But you also can mix black and red to give it a nice kick.

Cool. I'll probably be making a trip to Michaels tomorrow then.

I'm assuming layer them from lightest to darkest and then blood last?

Well, I just caved and ordered my first The Dead figure, Corporate Spokesman. I can't wait!!!

Ah, yes. :D Welcome to my world. I did that same thing less than a week ago. And I just scored a Security Guard. And I'm on the Wait List for that Doctor dude.

ORdered the Coporate zombie earlier, figured might as well start getting some 12" zombies now that I got Leon preordered (and gonna be trying my hand at RE Wesker).

This is definitely the season to get into zombies :rock Although if you wait until after Halloween you might be able to get some of the older ones cheaper :D

q-1.jpg

v-1.jpg

f-1.jpg

This is definitely the season to get into zombies :rock Although if you wait until after Halloween you might be able to get some of the older ones cheaper :D
v-1.jpg
[/center]

Is that Football Player a custom?

I seriously say we need some Zombie 2 Packs to kick the DEAD Line into full gear.

Give me a Zombie Football Player/Cheerleader 2 pack, Bride/Groom 2 pack, Soccer Mom/Kid 2 pack....really let these Zombies go nuts.

I've done one treatment of the grime on my trenchcoat for the Spokesman. It looks pretty good so far. Still not enough grime though so I'll probably do one more treatment tonight. I'll post pics as soon as I can find that darn cord :lol

Back