Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NE4eNq6Ovocf76_2_b.jpg

HarmlessSnarlingBlacklab.gif

GloriousBlondAstarte.gif

Looks like the source material? Yes. Realistic? Not even remotely close. The CGI looks just as mushy and wet looking as the last one.

That's just the way all CGI in human(oids) look nowadays. BvS looks funky, Black Panther running looks funky, this looks funky.

Must be the uncanny valley, I haven't seen anything that doesn't look funky and look 100% realistic.

Looks like the source material? Yes. Realistic? Not even remotely close. The CGI looks just as mushy and wet looking as the last one.

Yea but I think that's due to the Bay look, it worked great for transformers as all the light reflecting off of the transformers help to make them look real but when light reflects off of cgi skin it makes the skin look wet and fake. In the outside shots it's not so bad but in the night time with the lights close to the characters it gives off that fake look. I don't really mind, if I can sit down and enjoy a cartoon I can certainly sit down to enjoy this.

I can't judge unfinished CG 6 months before a movie comes out. The scope of the whole thing looks Amazing and i'm so down for Statues of those two baddies. :D

Looks like what 'Secret of the Ooze' was for the initial TMNT movie run, just a fun, entertaining flick. As much as fans might long for the 'darker' roots to return, TMNT nowadays is owned by Nickelodeon and has more public history as a 'kid-theme' franchise. I don't see them ever venturing back to the darker themes anytime soon.

Looking past some of the glaring objections of the first film, I did enjoy it. I don't take the new TMNT franchise too seriously so I don't get in the weeds with all the hate.

They did get several things better in this film:
-The Turtles' outfits are "less busy". Still have lots of gear but much less so...
-The Foot Clan is ACTUALLY ninjas this time around and not mercs-with-guns.
-Shredder looks bad-azz and not Bay-former-ish unless he gets a new suit later in the movie. Good casting with Brian Tee...
-Baxter Stockman is back to his original African-American roots.
-Bebop and Rocksteady look fantastic and true to their source material.
-Hints of Dimension X?????

Man, this looks terrible. I hope it turns out well, but I just can't get behind the franchise, I couldn't even finish the first movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The movie will most likely be ****, and you can say what you want about the turtles, but those two look great.

I'm crossing my fingers that this will be what fans of the original always wanted. Let's all be honest hear the one and only problem with this trailer is the look of the turtles, if they weren't so big and busy then people would **** all over this thing.

I don't get how they down sized Alvin and the chipmunks and grew the ninja turtles XD . The turtles were always like 5 ft tall.

Only thing I'm not a fan of us Bebop's goatee, but that's a very minor nit at this point. B&R look more like B&R than the turtles look like the turtles. I'm sure this will be garbage like the first one, but I couldn't help but smile ear to ear watching the trailer. Showed it to my family and they're all psyched too. First thing my dad said when I started the trailer and it saw it was the next turtle movie was " I want Bebop and Rocksteady in this one!" :lol

I passed on ThreeZero's turtles, but I'd totally pick up a Bebop and Rocksteady from this movie.

I don't mind the turtle's design. Im hoping for a few things.

We get rid of Arnett, Splinter actually looking better, Donatello actually kick ass (that tank scene is looking otherwise), and more interaction with the turtles.

Back