Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was really hyped for the first one and even got into arguments with people about it

And then that movie was so freakin stupid...
Yeah it was a piece of ****, but most people were expecting that, but the turtle bits were good tbh.

This will be the same, plus the bits of RS and Bebop.

Yea I know it won't be a great movie. Nothing ever will touch the original 90s classic but this looks like the 80s cartoon come to life and it looks like so much fun. Let's be honest and I'll give the guy credit bay could of ****ed up the bebop and rocksteady, he could of ****ed up the turtles personalities like he did to many of the transformers but he kept some things intact, nope not perfect but it's better than how the transformers were done . Only bad about the turtles is the clothing and faces.

Personally I never got the "hate" for Bay. He does mindless explosion films. He's not pretending to be God's gift to mankind like some other Hack (the name is Snyder, Hack, Snyder). He's honest about what he's doing and in an age where every two-bit "director" is trying to advertise his/her film as "cinema's revolution" (when in reality it's nothing more than a cash-grab with pseudo-intellectual themes), I actually respect that.

Do I love the Transformers movies? Hell no! Do I think they could've been better? Hell to the yes. But I don't hate them either. Same goes for TMNT. They're talking mutated turtles for crying out loud, I'm not walking into the cinema expecting to see Metropolis or Schindler's List. I'm walking in to see 4 mutated tutles do ninja stuff and beatup other funny looking characters. TMNT could have a "deeper" story like the IDW comic, but, as it stands, TMNT is a silly idea, so a silly movie doesn't make any difference to me...

i'm disappointed with M. Bays input on this one. not enough BOOM.
i'm expecting fiery explosions every time a glass window breaks.

Yea I know it won't be a great movie. Nothing ever will touch the original 90s classic but this looks like the 80s cartoon come to life and it looks like so much fun. Let's be honest and I'll give the guy credit bay could of ****ed up the bebop and rocksteady, he could of ****ed up the turtles personalities like he did to many of the transformers but he kept some things intact, nope not perfect but it's better than how the transformers were done . Only bad about the turtles is the clothing and faces.

Bebop and Rocksteady actually look ok, I just don't see how they managed to mess the turtle designs up once again. Less is more when it comes to ninja turtles; personality, weapon choice and colour scheme is all that's needed. Raphael looks even worse than in the first movie.

I'm ****ing stoked. I like the first one. It's just mindless entertainment. I can also say, seeing the "classics" before 2014; I actually hated it. I don't see why the comparisons when some would rather take the 2014 film over the 90s. Just saying.

I'm all in for this one too. I just hope run time is longer. Last movie actually made me want me more.

Bebop and Rocksteady definitely look great!

I didn't see the first one and won't see this one. Casey Jones seems horribly miscast. But if I'm being honest, it looks like something a 10 year old me would enjoy. I really like the Bebop and Rocksteady designs. Way better than the Turtles.

WOW! :lol :lol :lol

All I saw was Nutty Professor, Garfield and Garbage Pail Kids wrapped into one with a dash of Bayformers! :lol

Michael bay didn't even wanted to do transformers at first.
Spielberg had to convince him by taking him to hasbros headquarters

Spielberg set up the look and the tone for the movie.

I didn't see the first one and won't see this one. Casey Jones seems horribly miscast. But if I'm being honest, it looks like something a 10 year old me would enjoy. I really like the Bebop and Rocksteady designs. Way better than the Turtles.

It's targeted towards 10 year olds however I remember when the first movie came out the toy shops had the movie figures and classic/new cartoon figures on the same display. The movie figures barely sold in comparison to how fast the other figures were moving off the shelves. The simple designs of the turtles will always be superior to the over-dressed and accessorised Shrek movie turtles.

I'm cautiously optimistic, and my son is hyped. He already likes this version of Bebop over the Nick Toon version. Agreed it looks like a pretty generic current action flick, but as long as there's more Turtle Time (looks like there will be) I think that will elevate it. They seem to have already won over a FEW of you who **** on the last one. So congrats to them for that. I DO like the slight redesign on the Turtles themselves.
Weak link for me so far is Casey Jones (so far). Funny, he should have been the 'easiest' to translate.

Arrow, you have failed Casey Jones! :lol He just looks like a regular...good looking dude, and for some reason he's very happy ****! I don't get that, it's one thing to mess up the look, but his personality seems wrong too, "Hi! I'm Casey Jones!"...what? :lol Everything else I really like though.

Arrow, you have failed Casey Jones! :lol He just looks like a regular...good looking dude, and for some reason he's very happy ****! I don't get that, it's one thing to mess up the look, but his personality seems wrong too, "Hi! I'm Casey Jones!"...what? :lol Everything else I really like though.

They seem to have gone with 'just a guy with a hockey mask'. Hard to judge fully on a few set pics and 10 seconds in the trailer, but yeah. Amell seems almost as mis-cast as Megan Fox, which in a way makes sense (?).

All the set reports are hitting now. They all seem to echo that the Turtles WILL very much be in the forefront, and they are trying to make ammends for the misteps in the first movie. We shall see though...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Talking to the Turtles and Laura Linney - Movie News | JoBlo.com

TMNT2's MAIN FOCUS IS THE BOND BETWEEN BROTHERS

Meeting the four actors who play the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Noel Fisher (Michelangelo), Alan Ritchson (Raphael), Jeremy Howard (Donotello) and Pete Ploszek (Leonardo) - you genuinely get the sense they enjoy each other's company. There's nothing false about their interaction with each other, which is certainly a crucial element in making the relationships between the Turtles just as enjoyable. Indeed, the name of the game when it comes to TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: OUT OF THE SHADOWS is family; everyone involved in the film that I met while on the set insisted that the Turtles and how they relate to one another is the real core of the sequel.

Fisher, who just as in the movies comes off as the little brother of the group, said: "Us four as people have a really great natural chemistry that's been there from the get-go. We really genuinely like hanging out and busting each others' balls, like brothers would. I think that's the main thing we're bring along with more of the turtles in this movie. So we got the opportunity to bring all of that energy to it."

As to how that translates to the sequel, Ritchson offered: "I think the comedy and the chemistry of the turtles was what seemed to work the best the first time, and what is the emphasis this time." Fisher had similar thoughts, adding that director Dave Green is instrumental to making this film a more lighthearted affair. "He focuses a lot on the heart of how the brothers interact, showing a lot about the love there. And we get to explore that a lot more this time. That's kind of what I look forward to."

Ploszek, too, was eager to explore the brotherhood of the Turtles. "What I’m most excited about with this movie is it’s a lot more emotionally driven amongst the brothers. You’re really going to see four brothers being brothers, and fighting and trying to make up and telling each other how they feel and I think it’s the point now where we’re all a little bit older."

It's clear that making the first film wasn't exactly easy on the guys. When asked how it felt to be back for another film, Ritchson said, "It feels good. I've got to be honest, I was a little nervous about coming back because the first run of this - the first trial run of the first film - was pretty tough. Pretty tough." Ploszek added, "I think that has informed our approach to this one though in the sense that I think we're all very aware of the movie we made last time. What worked. What didn't work. When you see what made it and what didn't make it (into the final cut), it really informs your choices as an actor. "

As for what the guys are looking forward to doing in this one that they didn't have a chance to in the last? Play with the badass new Turtle Van - or, as Andrew Form calls it, the Turtle Truck, which is much bigger than the van they had in movie one and has been outfitted by Donatello into "literally the best man cave" he's ever seen. There's also a new Turtle Lair to look forward to, what with their last one getting destroyed and all.

And what sequence should we look out for? Ritchson's suggestion: "I would say the opening, the first act. The first act is essentially a giant, amazing action sequence. The film starts out super explosive and it just doesn’t let up. We’ve actually seen some of it already cut together and it’s pretty mind blowing."

Trailer looked awesome. I loved the Tricky track, fits the turtles perfectly. Everything about this looks better than the first film but I didn't hate the first film so this should be good. Looks like the battles with Bebop and Rocksteady will be awesome, looks like there's three action bits with them judging by the trailers.

Casey looks fine, he's a guy in a hockey mask who uses a hockey stick to fight and we got one line from him. I don't see what's wrong.

will be seeing this opening weekend, can't wait.

Yeah, a good song can probably help make the trailer seem better than it actually is. If, for instance, they wen't with some crappy Lincoln Park song, many might feel less interested than they do :lol

NE4eNq6Ovocf76_2_b.jpg

HarmlessSnarlingBlacklab.gif

GloriousBlondAstarte.gif

Back