TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a limited 1/6 would have been cool ~ then the people who want and can afford it could get it (as cost would not be a concern for those who really really really want it).

but i can see hot toys cutting their potential headaches and i've made peace with it, even though i was one of those people who would have probably financed this at any cost and have no interest in a 1/12.

How much do you think molds for the injection molding process cost? How many customers do you think are out there at 1/6 scale?

How much do you think molds for the injection molding process cost? How many customers do you think are out there at 1/6 scale?

i dunno and actually i don't care. just speaking from my own wishful thinking.

glad they are producing 1/12 for those who want it ~ makes it an easy pass and probably a relief to those who don't.

The mould for a lunchbox would be anywhere between $15,000 to $30,000(Depending on the complexity of the mould). I'd estimate that if HT confirmed they would make The Bat in 1/6 there would be little or no change from $3,000,000 for the moulds alone(Could cost a lot more). Never mind the plastic for the panels, the metal understructure, plus painting, assembly and lighting, etc. Then you have the packaging, shipping, importation costs,
It's unlikely they could bring a 1/6 scale Bat in under $1000, but lets say they decided $1500 was the most the market could bear for such a product, and they would have to sell a minimum of 2000 of them just to break even. As general business success would be a yield of $3 profit on every $1 spent, they would have to sell at least 8000 of them for it to be profitable.
And if my "picking numbers out of thin air" $3,000,000 cost was wrong(And let's say it cost $6,000,000 for the moulding), then the numbers would have to be increased again.
Injection moulding is not cheap, lol.

The mould for a lunchbox would be anywhere between $15,000 to $30,000(Depending on the complexity of the mould). I'd estimate that if HT confirmed they would make The Bat in 1/6 there would be little or no change from $3,000,000 for the moulds alone(Could cost a lot more). Never mind the plastic for the panels, the metal understructure, plus painting, assembly and lighting, etc. Then you have the packaging, shipping, importation costs,
It's unlikely they could bring a 1/6 scale Bat in under $1000, but lets say they decided $1500 was the most the market could bear for such a product, and they would have to sell a minimum of 2000 of them just to break even. As general business success would be a yield of $3 profit on every $1 spent, they would have to sell at least 8000 of them for it to be profitable.
And if my "picking numbers out of thin air" $3,000,000 cost was wrong(And let's say it cost $6,000,000 for the moulding), then the numbers would have to be increased again.
Injection moulding is not cheap, lol.

how bout tumbler then? I'm pretty sure its quite intricate as well.

how bout tumbler then? I'm pretty sure its quite intricate as well.

Of course. I wasn't trying to insinuate that HT aren't good at this by now.
A stripped down IM figure will tell you that they know their stuff and know it very well.
With a $500(Ish) price to market, and a fair number of large parts(Larger parts add strength), the Tumbler was probably made with a slim profit margin, but also with a flagship desire to put out a product no-one else would even try to attempt. And well done to HT for it.
I was just posting the above information as a possible reason as to why they have turned around on the 1/6 scale Bat.
Not saying it cannot be done(And i reckon the 1/12 scale Bat will be about $600 at least), but just that it would be costly and the likelihood of them making money at it would be slim(Or they could price it too high and a smaller number of people could afford it).

MY take on the 1/6 scale bat.If you want to see more go to the custom section.Thank you...

img0764cs.jpg

holy crap ~ just lookit the size of that thing. you could put a tiger in the box with it. yeah, I think it's not going to happen.

While it may not be mass-produced now it s good they re still bringing it to shows,rather than sticking it away in a back room somewhere.

Woah, that crate is huge! Imagine what that would cost to bring that overseas....O_O I really want it, haha. But, 1/12 will do just fine :)

right? or else they dump it unceremoniously on your porch and you have to somehow haul it up three flights of stairs so that it can take up residency in your living room to the dismay of your coffee table and your social life.

it would have be some assembly required.

I'm still open to 1/12 Tumblers and 1/12 Batpods, Hot Toys. Just sayin'. Some of us can't afford the 1/6 versions (nor have the space) and it'd be silly to just have this one in this scale and the others in a bigger scale. C'mon!

Back