TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it seems like quite a few are going down the 1/6 (or higher) or nothing. Way to go if you're calling yourself a Nolan Batman fan.

At least Hot Toys went down 1/12 to make The Bat more practical not only for production but for consumers' wallets. Stop complaining.

nobody loves nolan's batman more than i do, but i don't feel compelled to buy everything ever made associated with the films. i'm not buying a tumbler. i'm not buying a batpod. i don't have every previous hot toys release and don't intend to catch up. i wanted a 1/6 bat. they're not making it? oh well. but i don't want a 1/12 bat.

but what a horrid fan i am. guess they'll have to revoke my nolan batman fanclub membership.

seriously....

nobody loves nolan's batman more than i do, but i don't feel compelled to buy everything ever made associated with the films. i'm not buying a tumbler. i'm not buying a batpod. i don't have every previous hot toys release and don't intend to catch up. i wanted a 1/6 bat. they're not making it? oh well. but i don't want a 1/12 bat.

but what a horrid fan i am. guess they'll have to revoke my nolan batman fanclub membership.

seriously....

I totally agree mate, i admit if i really like the movie & the characters on offer i will try get as many as finacially possible. But if i dont bother, it don't mean people can say you aint a real fan then.
Its funny how all of a sudden people are easily pleased with the change in 1/12 considering there was alot of moaning & disappointment from most people on here. Glad im not one of those people who will buy it no matter what it is or what size it is :slap

One thing i do agree as Izy23 said was to rename the thread as the 1/6 bat is dead & should be forgot about now it just seems to be an argument starter lol

Last edited:
This is for everyone fairly new to this thread.
Mine arrived today!

theBatbox.jpg

awesome! let us know when you have finished your house addition and set it up!

i'm breaking ground next week.

: D

This is for everyone fairly new to this thread.
Mine arrived today!

theBatbox.jpg

Its funny as hell but god it would be so true, HT would have to send it like that if to escape returns for broken parts.
Huge @ss vehicle pissing myself at that :rotfl

So, we have to call Ferrari and tell them to stop making those expensives cars... because, most of us can't pay them...

I can't understand your position sorry... if HT would make it in 1/6 scale, and for $2000, where is the problem??

I will ask you, the problem is that many of you would die from jealuosy, that's all...

Maybe I can't have an airplane, (my garage is too small).... so Airbus, stop doing that massive planes!!!!

Afterall, first sorry for my poor english and second, what I'm trying to say is that I can't undertand the "happiness" in this thread for the 1/6 Bat cancellation.
NOT sure if this is directed at me,but I dont think anyone is "happy" at the loss of the 1/6 scale BAT! We all have to decide which items to purchase or not as per our cash flow. My post said better to have a 1/12 bat - than no bat at all. Anyone that wants a 1/6 Bat-make a custom or pay someone to make one for you.

The following picture says it all.The batman you are seeing in the BAT is the correct size of HT dark knight. I am making my own batwing in correct 1/6 scale.I know it won't be as good as HT but it will be good enough to put it next to my ht tumbler:wink1:.Thanks..
comparisonh.jpg

20120325224821.jpg

20120325224748.jpg

Does anyone realize Mattel made 1/12 or 6 inch Movie Master figures that are very nice and go perfect with the 1/12 Bat? C'mon people! Ill be getting the 1/12 for sure!!

^ I was thinking of the same thing, I have all the movie master from both TDk and rises and the bat will look great with it. But just like what others have said its not right to put a $15 toy next to a possible $400 collectible. Just hope Mattel can make their own.

The following picture says it all.The batman you are seeing in the BAT is the correct size of HT dark knight. I am making my own batwing in correct 1/6 scale.I know it won't be as good as HT but it will be good enough to put it next to my ht tumbler:wink1:.Thanks..
comparisonh.jpg

20120325224821.jpg

20120325224748.jpg
Wow, would be cool to make your thread in custom section!

The more I think about it, the more glad I am that this is in 1/12th. Everybody said that they could sell the 1/6th as a kit, but wouldn't that mean sacrificing the electronic elements? At least now we get the two cycling turbines and the spinning rotors along with the LEDs.

The more I think about it, the more glad I am that this is in 1/12th. Everybody said that they could sell the 1/6th as a kit, but wouldn't that mean sacrificing the electronic elements? At least now we get the two cycling turbines and the spinning rotors along with the LEDs.

No it wouldn't,as the parts are snapped or bolted together they could also have a plug in for the LEDs and motors.

Back