TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom Miracle Action Figures -6 inch

DC03896lg.jpg

https://www.toygarden.net/shop/medicom-miracle-action-figure-ex-mafex-002-dark-knight-batman/

You've already given these people everything....

Not everything... Not yet...

Sweet. Looks very good. I'll have to look into those.

I dont know... is this better than the mattel 6" movie masters figure? More posable,but easier to break-i feel! This would be cool with a batpod or tumbler any word on vehicles for this figure or scale?

Mattel's toys are dog doodoo. They're good if you're giving them to a 10 year old to play with, but for adult collectors, they're crappy. At least I think so. As a collector, I don't "play" with my toys really, so if those are a bit more breakable than Mattel's craptacular toys, then so be it. He'll look awesome on my shelf!

Mattel's toys are dog doodoo. They're good if you're giving them to a 10 year old to play with, but for adult collectors, they're crappy. At least I think so. As a collector, I don't "play" with my toys really, so if those are a bit more breakable than Mattel's craptacular toys, then so be it. He'll look awesome on my shelf!

Ageed. Even their Movie Masters line is trash. That Medicom figure will be leaps and bounds better (and more pricey) than anything Mattel could ever hope of producing.

One 'last look' on what could have been on the 1/6 scale "The Bat"!
Hot Toys is going with a 1/12 scale version instead!

The 1/6 scale, "The Bat"...
[ame]https://youtu.be/z04A_pF-7cY[/ame] [ame]https://youtu.be/-zDYPEc-mPY[/ame]

Last edited:
nobody loves nolan's batman more than i do, but i don't feel compelled to buy everything ever made associated with the films. i'm not buying a tumbler. i'm not buying a batpod. i don't have every previous hot toys release and don't intend to catch up. i wanted a 1/6 bat. they're not making it? oh well. but i don't want a 1/12 bat.

but what a horrid fan i am. guess they'll have to revoke my nolan batman fanclub membership.

seriously....

I totally agree mate, i admit if i really like the movie & the characters on offer i will try get as many as finacially possible. But if i dont bother, it don't mean people can say you aint a real fan then.
Its funny how all of a sudden people are easily pleased with the change in 1/12 considering there was alot of moaning & disappointment from most people on here. Glad im not one of those people who will buy it no matter what it is or what size it is :slap

One thing i do agree as Izy23 said was to rename the thread as the 1/6 bat is dead & should be forgot about now it just seems to be an argument starter lol

Totally agree. I am either in 1/6th or not at all.. It's just completely and totally in different dimension and can be all arranged together. They could at least pull a vote or provide option for 1/6th for those willing to pay more. But they don't even care..

The issue is not that they don't want to make it, the issue is production and shipping costs. Its just not feasible because it would be far too delicate to ship all over the world and production costs would be through the roof as well as quality control be a nightmare because its so delicate. doesn't matter if people want to $1000 or $10,000 for it, just mass producing a 1/6 Bat just isn't going to work. I'm sure traveling to toy fairs with the one they built is no easy task. Look at all the video and photos of it, its a beast and looks EXTREMELY delicate. They have wires holding part of it up...and it needs a special custom stand.

a 1/12 Bat is still going to be quite big, 2-3 feet, and im sure it will be expensive. I think it will be an impressive piece and ill definitely want one.:)

:goodpost:

I'm sure that after all the work they put into the 1/6 proto, it pains them to not be able to bring it to us the fans but at the end of the day for every 1 of us that would buy it there is probably 100 who wouldn't due to the prohibitive size and cost.

They don't want to make reckless business decisions that could endanger their company, I can understand that and I will wait until the 1/12 specs are revealed before making a decision.

But I can respect the choice of people who want the Bat in 1/6 and have no interest in the 1/12.

Your collection, your choice :peace

:goodpost:

I'm sure that after all the work they put into the 1/6 proto, it pains them to not be able to bring it to us the fans but at the end of the day for every 1 of us that would buy it there is probably 100 who wouldn't due to the prohibitive size and cost.

They don't want to make reckless business decisions that could endanger their company, I can understand that and I will wait until the 1/12 specs are revealed before making a decision.

But I can respect the choice of people who want the Bat in 1/6 and have no interest in the 1/12.

Your collection, your choice :peace

The funniest thing about the 1/6 Bat is that if they hedge their bet a little, they could easily limit any losses of a 1/6 Bat(And actually make a little extra).
To fund The Bat in this scale all they need to do is release three figures.
1/6 scale versions of Alfred, Ras Al Gul and Talia Al Gul. Each will cost them ONLY head sculpting costs, clothing R&D and DC licences. It's entirely possible their contract allows them to make whatever characters they want anyway with the licence they already paid for(Although i am just assuming that).
With the low production costs(They already make suitable body types for all three), it could lower any assumed losses from The Bat.
Just an idea of course.

The funniest thing about the 1/6 Bat is that if they hedge their bet a little, they could easily limit any losses of a 1/6 Bat(And actually make a little extra).
To fund The Bat in this scale all they need to do is release three figures.
1/6 scale versions of Alfred, Ras Al Gul and Talia Al Gul. Each will cost them ONLY head sculpting costs, clothing R&D and DC licences. It's entirely possible their contract allows them to make whatever characters they want anyway with the licence they already paid for(Although i am just assuming that).
With the low production costs(They already make suitable body types for all three), it could lower any assumed losses from The Bat.
Just an idea of course.

Na, think about how many people buy the 1/1 items. This would cost about $5000 to $10,000 in 1/6 size. Then what about shipping? You know you have to pay for a box for this thing. Your overseas. Let's talk plus VAT.

There are also the other issue people have said in other post. But in the end. Are you willing to spend the money? Plus how many other people would? They would want a NRD of ½ with shipping up front. An I can tell, you will not get it back if you backout.

I did get to see the 1/1 Bat on the crane last month. They never took it off. I can tell you its a big item and its only about ½ IF that there. The rest is CGI.

Just saying that's all. You make models.

a limited 1/6 would have been cool ~ then the people who want and can afford it could get it (as cost would not be a concern for those who really really really want it).

but i can see hot toys cutting their potential headaches and i've made peace with it, even though i was one of those people who would have probably financed this at any cost and have no interest in a 1/12.

Should i just close this one and someone could make another discussion thread for the teaser 1/12 version? Since this isnt happening at all ATM, and its painful to see this bump up with no good news at all :(

Should i just close this one and someone could make another discussion thread for the teaser 1/12 version? Since this isnt happening at all ATM, and its painful to see this bump up with no good news at all :(

It's just people of a like mind chatting. There's an *unsubscribe* tab above if you dan't want to follow, and you could keep an eye out for a 1/12 thread instead!
:wink1:

Okay, fair enough. I'll keep it open for now. :wave

Btw, is there an official statement from HT that they are cancelling this? Any links?

It seems they *never* make a firm statement that a subject has been canned.
If there are those who want the thread changed, perhaps

TDKR Hot Toys "The Bat"(All scales) discussion might be a better idea.
That way those of us who love The Bat no matter what the scale will still be in the loop once new info becomes available.

Back