TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Bat wins!!!

well yeah ~ no competition.

And although the nuke *must* have taken it out, there's a possibility it didn't...

in my little fantasy, the bat did not blow up ~ the bomb got dropped and the boosters got bats out of the way in time. i don't really care about the physics of it; i think bats took the bat to europe.

and i still really wanted this in 1/6, head up @$$ and all.

in my little fantasy, the bat did not blow up ~ the bomb got dropped and the boosters got bats out of the way in time. i don't really care about the physics of it; i think bats took the bat to europe.

and i still really wanted this in 1/6, head up @$$ and all.

Patience, lol.
As for the fantasy part, in my mind, The Bat dropped the bomb *Dam-busters* style, and turned 90 degrees while flat out, and was still able to outrun the worst of the blast.
As for going to Europe, he probably went with Selina after getting back to the city.

Patience, lol.
As for the fantasy part, in my mind, The Bat dropped the bomb *Dam-busters* style, and turned 90 degrees while flat out, and was still able to outrun the worst of the blast.
As for going to Europe, he probably went with Selina after getting back to the city.

oh right, he had to pick her up first, drop off the crap for blake, fix the batsignal, then: off to europe! details, details....

: D

tdkr-bat-concept-art4.jpg

Many thanks for my new screensaver!:clap

That is an awesome photo-where did that come from? I have to say when they(Nolan & co) revealed the Tumbler for the 1st time-I did'nt like it. After seeing BB & seeing what it could do -I loved it. Now I love all the vehicles because they SEEM so real!

There will be a 1/12 batman to go in it!

He ll be 6 inches tall.So,presumably,will Catwoman.

I found a custom 1/12 "Bat" on Ebay(which sold for $455.00) and the dimensions were listed as 28" x16" x10".I do nt know how strictly accurate 1/12 that is but it sounds about right.

oh right, he had to pick her up first, drop off the crap for blake, fix the batsignal, then: off to europe! details, details....

For sure. I imagine the Bat to be heavily shielded against EMP and pretty sturdy. It could have survived the blast. Possibly...

He ll be 6 inches tall.So,presumably,will Catwoman.

I found a custom 1/12 "Bat" on Ebay(which sold for $455.00) and the dimensions were listed as 28" x16" x10".I do nt know how strictly accurate 1/12 that is but it sounds about right.

I am sure I have seen that. It looks lousy. And is highly inaccurate.

Im kinda split on what hot toys have done here, Im glad in a way that the 1/6 version has been shelved due to the cost as i did estimate it being over £1000 & to me that is quite a few figures that could be bought instead, i was never concerned on the size of the thing as i have a loft/attic conversion specifically for collectables & hobbies.
On the other hand im pretty pissed off at hot toys yet again more false promises or false hope.
They really need to learn to keep there mouths shut about any undecided projects or stuff they know will never go into production. Its a real crappy way of trying to get people or tempt them to buy there stuff by indicating that there is gonna be more collectables to come from this license as they did with the Bat.
we have all seen this in the past, they indicated there was suppose to be more characters from Watchmen & Platoon & more recently they seem to have gave false hope on the rest of the Sucker Punch Girls to get done which will more than likely never see the light of day this made me not buy babydoll & amber as there pretty useless on there own. I try to keep away from licenses that only have 1 figure release or 2 at the most.

Anyway i hope Hot toys have learned a valuable lesson here & keep future ideas & developments such as the Bat to them selves until they are certain they are gonna offer this stuff to collectors as its really starting to become annoying & to me is very unprofessional by such a large company.

I will still buy Hot Toys stuff as they make awesome figures but any announcements they make in the future will be taken with a pinch of salt. If you don't get your hopes up you cant be disappointed that's my opinion lol

...any announcements they make in the future will be taken with a pinch of salt. If you don't get your hopes up you cant be disappointed that's my opinion lol

not to be snotty, but doesn't this go without saying? they maybe had the best intentions of making a 1/6 bat and decided for any number of factors that it was an insupportable project.

dream big, i say. not all the dreams may come true, but that's life.

and, as you say, the silver lining is that without a 1/6 bat, there's other things to which that amount of stupid money can now be funneled. i am relieved because i feel like i would have had to have this even if it meant selling my organs and sleeping on the kitchen floor so that the bat could have my bedroom.

(...)
tdkr-bat-concept-art4.jpg

(...)

Good idea! :yess: You're welcome!

That is an awesome photo-where did that come from? I have to say when they(Nolan & co) revealed the Tumbler for the 1st time-I did'nt like it. After seeing BB & seeing what it could do -I loved it. Now I love all the vehicles because they SEEM so real!

Love all the Nolan (not to forget his team) Batman vehicles as well. They are high technical, dark and massive.

Here is where I found the picture: https://www.worldofsuperheroes.com/film-tv/dark-knight-rises-the-bat-and-film-set-concept-art-revelaed/

It is labeled concept art for TDKR, same a this:

tdkr-bat-concept-art3.jpg

Patience, lol.

How did you get to know about my alternate TDKR ending? :lol

Last edited:
I hear you Mate,
But would it not have been better for HT to say that they are thinking about taking on the Bat in 1/6 rather than just dropping hints & making us all think it was gonna be happening.
Then just take the easy route & make it a smaller scale that is no use to anyone unless you are just gonna display it on a shelf.
when they made that prototype & showcased it at all the toy fairs was just rubbing salt in an open wound for us guys as it looked even more possible that we were gonna get it eventually in the correct scale.
The big problem for me with the way they have handled this is the false hope & all the publicity they have generated they even had a picture showing all the batman vehicles from all movies & the Bat was there in the proper 1/6 scale.

I still think this piece could have been offered in 1/6 kit form to save on shipping costs & less chance of it arriving broken due to the size. Just send it in a few more boxes for the people to build themselves, I know there is people out there not that good at building model kits but i'm sure if we all came together & made a build thread on here just with each stage of construction everyone could have a finished model.

But this will never happen as we should all know that by now.
We all know nothing is guaranteed & at the end of the day its HT decision if to make something or just drop the idea but these decisions should be made before teasing everyone or giving hints that it could be getting released.
Just a little disappointed with HT on this issue. But big savings for other figures now as i would never get the 1/12 version.

i hear ya ~ but really, i don't recall ht ever saying: we're mass-producing this: check it out! all i ever saw was the one they built and displayed and showed in the stop-motion video, which i didn't really take as a promise of anything; just a diorama they constructed.

i get that it sets up a hope, but ht strikes me as pretty tight-lipped about promises. they may flaunt a license and its possibilities, but i never felt like the bat was ever a concrete promise. if anything, it always seemed too good to be true.

for me anyway. but then i can be pretty come-and-go about this stuff.

i hear ya ~ but really, i don't recall ht ever saying: we're mass-producing this: check it out! all i ever saw was the one they built and displayed and showed in the stop-motion video, which i didn't really take as a promise of anything; just a diorama they constructed.

i get that it sets up a hope, but ht strikes me as pretty tight-lipped about promises. they may flaunt a license and its possibilities, but i never felt like the bat was ever a concrete promise. if anything, it always seemed too good to be true.

for me anyway. but then i can be pretty come-and-go about this stuff.

Yeah mate i think it is something we are all just gonna have to get use to especially with HT, Until we hear from the horses mouth im no longer gonna assume were gonna get anything, I must admit though they were very good at the teasing & giving us hope with all the subtle hints & that bloody prototype haha
I'll easily live without the BAT just waiting On DX12 & the Batpod to be delivered that will keep me pleased for a while at least :yess:

as much as the "hobby" is wonderful & we all want as many goodies as possible a 1/6 size Bat would be massive. Not to mention $1000. & up. But who would have the room to store or even display something of this size? A 1/12 size bat is more than enough for most of us. I know it's not the usual scale,but better to have a Bat to dispay with the rest of the collection-then to have no Bat at all.

as much as the "hobby" is wonderful & we all want as many goodies as possible a 1/6 size Bat would be massive. Not to mention $1000. & up. But who would have the room to store or even display something of this size? A 1/12 size bat is more than enough for most of us. I know it's not the usual scale,but better to have a Bat to dispay with the rest of the collection-then to have no Bat at all.

Agreed 100%!:exactly:

So, we have to call Ferrari and tell them to stop making those expensives cars... because, most of us can't pay them...

I can't understand your position sorry... if HT would make it in 1/6 scale, and for $2000, where is the problem??

I will ask you, the problem is that many of you would die from jealuosy, that's all...

Maybe I can't have an airplane, (my garage is too small).... so Airbus, stop doing that massive planes!!!!

Afterall, first sorry for my poor english and second, what I'm trying to say is that I can't undertand the "happiness" in this thread for the 1/6 Bat cancellation.

Back