TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big problem for me with the way they have handled this is the false hope & all the publicity they have generated they even had a picture showing all the batman vehicles from all movies & the Bat was there in the proper 1/6 scale.

This is not how businesses operate. They make a proto and show it to potential customers. If there is DEMAND enough to make a PROFIT from the final product, they will proceed. IF not, how would they KNOW there is enough/not enough demand?
Imagine if, out of nowhere, the Bat was available in stores for $2500?
I bet there would be MANY people who would hit the ground running with: "why did they even bother making a product no-one can afford?"
The way it's done in the real world is that they gauge interest and proceed from there.
I can assure you that filling you with false hope and then taking it away was not even close to on the minds of the HT executives. The numbers just don't add up, that's all. But they had to show the Bat to people to find out how many people would be willing to pay for it.

So, we have to call Ferrari and tell them to stop making those expensives cars... because, most of us can't pay them...

I can't understand your position sorry... if HT would make it in 1/6 scale, and for $2000, where is the problem??

I will ask you, the problem is that many of you would die from jealuosy, that's all...

Maybe I can't have an airplane, (my garage is too small).... so Airbus, stop doing that massive planes!!!!

Afterall, first sorry for my poor english and second, what I'm trying to say is that I can't undertand the "happiness" in this thread for the 1/6 Bat cancellation.

^ What Vito said ^

So, we have to call Ferrari and tell them to stop making those expensives cars... because, most of us can't pay them...

I can't understand your position sorry... if HT would make it in 1/6 scale, and for $2000, where is the problem??

I will ask you, the problem is that many of you would die from jealuosy, that's all...

Maybe I can't have an airplane, (my garage is too small).... so Airbus, stop doing that massive planes!!!!

Afterall, first sorry for my poor english and second, what I'm trying to say is that I can't undertand the "happiness" in this thread for the 1/6 Bat cancellation.

Personally i wouldn't have any problem to release both scales...i am not happy that 1/6 Bat was cancelled, but i am very very happy that 1/12 is in production, because i don't have the place and the 2000+++usd for 1/6 Bat! It is so simple...

This is not how businesses operate. They make a proto and show it to potential customers. If there is DEMAND enough to make a PROFIT from the final product, they will proceed. IF not, how would they KNOW there is enough/not enough demand?
Imagine if, out of nowhere, the Bat was available in stores for $2500?
I bet there would be MANY people who would hit the ground running with: "why did they even bother making a product no-one can afford?"
The way it's done in the real world is that they gauge interest and proceed from there.
I can assure you that filling you with false hope and then taking it away was not even close to on the minds of the HT executives. The numbers just don't add up, that's all. But they had to show the Bat to people to find out how many people would be willing to pay for it.

Yep, this is reality. If you did a serious search through toy archives and saw how many things were produced as prototypes, trotted before vendors, and then never saw the light of day due to cost/production concerns, you'd have a very long list indeed. I'm pretty surprised that HT saw this through in 1/12 form. I hope they don't start an entire 1/12 scale push across multiple lines, simply because I think they'd be oversaturating their collectors' market with repeat characters in different scale, and it would negatively affect their business. Seen it happen before. They have 1/4 scale, 1/6 scale and this vehicle/Batman in 1/12. I think they'd be wise to leave it there.

As for the 1/6 Bat, I think they saved themselves whole lotta headache over returns of Bats that would have broken in shipping. It actually may have cost them more than the project would have been worth.

LOL.. the 1/6 Bat, what legends are made of....:) 212 pages of The Bat insight, speculation, joy and pain! There is more written here about this one item than anything on an average person over their lifetime....:) RIP Bat I hardly knew you!

LOL.. the 1/6 Bat, what legends are made of....:) 212 pages of The Bat insight, speculation, joy and pain! There is more written here about this one item than anything on an average person over their lifetime....:) RIP Bat I hardly knew you!

haha true, the good thing about all this is that we can still laugh about it now & not get too serious & depressed as hell :) Ht will always do what they want no matter what any of us say

i think it was cool as all-get-out just to have seen pictures of one in 1/6; that they made it at all is amazing.

i won't buy a 1/12, but it'll also be awesome, i'm sure.

i think it was cool as all-get-out just to have seen pictures of one in 1/6; that they made it at all is amazing.

i won't buy a 1/12, but it'll also be awesome, i'm sure.

I'm on the fence.. I would maybe get it if it was just all cool a get out, but not going to start getting into 1/12 scale.....LOL.. Okay so I say that now...:)

Don't know if these have been posted before :dunno.
This thing rocks! :yess:

These ones are epic:

dark-knight-legend-exhibit_106.jpg

Source: https://therealmcast.com/2012/12/17/top-5-props-from-the-dark-knight-legend-exhibit/

tdkr-bat-concept-art2-1024x576.jpg

That is gorgeous!

I'm really interested to see the 1/12 Batman before I decide if I want this or not. I'm hoping for a highly detailed, fully articulated figure. Like a Hot Toys Movie Masters figure! But we'll probably end up with a little figure statue sculpted in a seated pose, like the Tron cycle figure.

I'm not interested at all on a 1/12 version of The Bat.. I think this is the first time ever, That I say no chance on getting a Nolan's Batman related figure from Hot Toys..

I do hope there will be a 1/12 Tumbler now so I can pose the two in action... a 1/12 articulating Batman I could care less as long as the bat does not look like being flown by a ghost. Even at 1/12 it's going to need a huge display space ... bring it on!!!
BTW have some of you never heard of being humble?

Last edited:
Sorry I thought it was the hero Bat being sold the other day. Got there an it was the master 66 batmobile. Don't do cars so we left.

I will probably buy this now. Had no interest at 1/6.

Actually 1/18 would be even better as it would be in scale with my diecast Batmobiles.

So it seems like quite a few are going down the 1/6 (or higher) or nothing. Way to go if you're calling yourself a Nolan Batman fan.

At least Hot Toys went down 1/12 to make The Bat more practical not only for production but for consumers' wallets. Stop complaining.

Side note, thread should be renamed.

The more I look at the cockpit of The Bat, the more I think it's going to be nearly impossible to stick the DX12 in there...
I haven't got my own DX12 yet, but I understand the legs are not able to bend into a full sitting position.
Just another problem to solve....

^ buy a DX02 like I did - I plan to use that body for my action shots on the Batpod, Tumbler and Bat (when it comes out) since it is more flexible to work with.

At first the plastic "skin" won't allow you to bend him over to well, even felxing the knees is difficult since they revert back to position due to the plastic skin on top of the joints - you have to sort of "train" the texture to stretch so he can bend the knees and his legs 90 degrees

How do I know? I left a DX02 sitting on my Tumbler for over a month - next thing I know - he developed a JLO *** when he stood upright but it allowed me to bend him a lot better than before - so yeah, that's why I bought the much more accurate but less possable DX12 since from then on my DX02 became my "action-pose" body. Swap heads and molds - and we are good to go.

Anyone else experienced the same with the DX02?

Actually looking forward to this coming out. Between this, the tumbler and the armoury you could make a sweet as batman collection. Can't see this being cheap though. Judging on how pricey the tumbler is.

Back