SW VS. LOTR #2- Obi-Wan VS. Gandalf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi-Wan or Gandalf?

• Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episodes I-VI)

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • Gandalf (Both Grey & White)

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters
I went with Obi although it's a close one to call. There are so many similarities but the fact that Obi had an emotional tie to Anakin and he still killed him in hand-to-hand combat put him one up on Gandalf who lost his hand-to-hand combat with Saruman.

Obi Wan.
He would've just given those pesky Nazgul a force push (or whatever you call it), told the Orcs that this wasn't the Minas Tirith they wanted to storm, and handed the all seeing eye its punk ass on a platter with one good swipe from his lightsaber.

Shai Hulud said:
i cant vote...i like them both equally.

Here's what you should do Shai... imagine that the Kurgan is going to severe one of their heads, who would you want to live? Obi or Gandalf... and you have your answer :lol

galactiboy said:
Here's what you should do Shai... imagine that the Kurgan is going to severe one of their heads, who would you want to live? Obi or Gandalf... and you have your answer :lol

More like Pt. 3 Jason instead of the Kurgan :lol

I voted for Obi-Wan because, like said before, he wasn't just an adviser. He was a do-er. He killed Maul, Grevious, and almost killed Vader, Dooku, and Jango Fett. He evolved from Padawan to Jedi Spirit. Gandalf just had to die to become a white, he didn't work on it like Obi-wan did (from the movies, I haven't read the books, YET, so I don't know if Gandalf worked on it or not).

Besides, Obi-Wan has the force and a lightsaber and Gandalf only has a light-up stick.

Gandalf had cool fireworks to entertain people. Obi-wan never entertained anyone. :monkey3

anakin1138 said:
Sir Alec Guinnes... no other words necessary...

But this poll is for Obi-Wan (Guines & McGregor) VS. Gandalf (McKellen)

And Ian McKellen is every bit the actor Alec Guinnes is.

EVILFACE said:
But this poll is for Obi-Wan (Guines & McGregor) VS. Gandalf (McKellen)

And Ian McKellen is every bit the actor Alec Guinnes is.

Sir Alec Guiness vs Sir Ian Mckellan....interesting match-up. but the TRUE match-up is Sir Hayden Christensen vs Sir Alec Guiness :rotfl :rotfl

It looks like Tom nailed this pairing. I imagine this will be the closest poll of all of them. Thanks again Tom for giving us such a fun and interesting discussion.

Hey Tom when the the poll end?? Right before the new one starts??

And what happens in the event of a tie??

Back