SW VS. LOTR #2- Obi-Wan VS. Gandalf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obi-Wan or Gandalf?

• Obi-Wan Kenobi (Episodes I-VI)

Votes: 41 39.4%
  • Gandalf (Both Grey & White)

Votes: 63 60.6%

• Total voters
No question in my mind Obi. Hands down!!!!

I love Gandolf, but he aint no Jedi Knight!!!

Since you made Obi from all 6 movies I had to go with him. The guy took on Maul, Grievous, Anakin and Vader and anybody who is a master of "The Force" wins in my book.

:lsvader

OOOoooo a toughy, but I went Obi. Sure, both of them faught Chris Lee, but Obi is trained to have 'magic' powers AND to fight, Gandolf only really magic (but what magic it is!)

Are you gonna do Lucas Vs. Tolkien as a finale'?

Also, though I support this, NERDYEST THREAD EVER!!!

EVER!

carbo-fation said:
Wow, this is a really close race! May the force be with Mithrandir! :monkey5 :monkey3

Yes, it looks like this is going to be a closer race than last week. Star Wars needs a point to tie LOTR, though. So good luck, Obi-Wan!!!

Awesome-O said:
Also, though I support this, NERDYEST THREAD EVER!!!

EVER!

andrev_nerd.jpg

A real tough one for me, but at the end of the day I think its gonna be Gandalf.
The Wizard has more wisdom and emotion, he is a much stronger character all round. :cool:
:gandalf :gandalf :gandalf :gandalf

Its all about the OLD GIZZER for me, Gandalf :monkey3

Anyone that can fight a behemoth (Balrog) :devil is cool in my book :monkey1

...and let's not forget that cool intro of his in the end of LOTR Two Towers :)

This pairing is as close to a tie as you could have, but since I'm more of a Star Wars fanboy at heart than LOTR, I chose Obi.

Pretty tight race so far. I voted for the Gandalf.

Ben Kenobi is probably my favorite SW character, but, Gandalf is one awesome character.

I mean the Wizard took on a Balrog, and won. I rest my case.

:gandalf > :balrog

:rock

I voted Obi-Wan.

I like the "history" of the character now with the prequels. I think you come to understand Obi-Wan better -- as both a man and a mystic. Gandalf's history, and thus my understanding of him, is less colorful. I feel Gandalf is more like Old Ben in just episode 4. Anyway, its Obi-Wan's youthful and exciting history that tips the scales for me.

Definitely a tough one as I see a lot of parallels between Gandalf and the OT Ben. But I gotta give this one to Gandalf. I always loved his wisdom and insight not to mention his ways of manipulating situations sometimes almost like his own Jedi-mind tricks. Then when the time comes he's ready to act and utilize whatever is at hand and will work.

Dead even....what a great 2nd poll Tom. Thei has been much better than the Han/Aragorn blow out.

tomandshell said:
...As one of the Maia, Gandalf was prohibited from taking too active a role in the fate of Middle Earth...

Exactly and even though he couldn't take a more direct role he still achieved his objective. Gandalf > Obi-Wan. Plus he kicked the freaking Balrog's ass. The greatest movie creature of all time. :D

Fritz said:
Exactly and even though he couldn't take a more direct role he still achieved his objective. Gandalf > Obi-Wan. Plus he kicked the freaking Balrog's ass. The greatest movie creature of all time. :D

First, I think the greatest movie creature of all time is the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (from Ghostbusters....:rotfl :rotfl ), I liked Gandalf even more BECAUSE he couldn't directly involve himself in the battle for middle-earth. it adds SO much to the character of him to give and see the people of middle-earth see their own power and fight for what they believe in. I LOVE Old Ben, but to me Gandalf is a much more deeper and fascinating character.

(maybe I like gandalf more because I've read everything tolkien has ever written and know the whole history of gandalf, but I don't know)

Another tough one... Both are great characters but for me Obi-Wan (just) gets my vote!!

Obi-who..................gandalf by a long shot...............he died and came back in full flesh and blood................Obi-wannabe-like-gandalf came back as a phantom, not even in color no less...............

LOTR vs. SW................George Lickas$ has even admitted to writing Star Wars as a salute to LOTR or his version of it or whatever.........................

Mithrandier said:
Obi-who..................gandalf by a long shot...............he died and came back in full flesh and blood................Obi-wannabe-like-gandalf came back as a phantom, not even in color no less...............

LOTR vs. SW................George Lickas$ has even admitted to writing Star Wars as a salute to LOTR or his version of it or whatever.........................
:lol :lol Gandalf has my vote too... He could've kicked Obi-Wans butt (though I think in reality they would have been more likely to smoke some fine Toby together)... Now Gandalf vs. Vader would be a much evener match.. that would be exciting!

Back