Supernatural Kitbash Thread - Sam & Dean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Colt/Necklace Update

Whoa, looks great! Spot on too. Are you going with clothing from a particular episode or just what you like from the series? I'm doing the later in a way.

Thanks!

To be honest, while I didn't have any particular episode in mind, I did want to make something that was distinctly Sam and different enough from Dean. So I didn't want to do one flat color shirt. Since all the other 1/6 plaid shirts fit horribly, I had to get creative. That particular shirt has always stuck out in my mind and seemed easy enough of a pattern to replicate using paint markers.

Last edited:

Never thought I would wish for a wire at the bottom of a jacket!

Knockin em out of the park man. Mine will look crap by comparison. lol

Haha thanks.

But you are too kind. That coat I have on Castiel is very big. I had to pin it back just to keep it from billowing all over the place. And even then its taken from a very well chosen angle. Il need to keep an eye out for an upgrade.

Im sure yours are going to be a lot better than mine in some areas. Already you have the iconic Dean amulet.

Though one thing we both desperately need to make our figures recognizeable is headsculpts!

Bling, Blang! lol

necklace5_zpsixj80gqy.jpg

Made some minor changes to the mold resulting in less bubbles and better horns.

Though one thing we both desperately need to make our figures recognizeable is headsculpts!

No kidding. McClane makes a poor stand in for Dean. lol There are a couple nice Deans but only one Sam that I know of. Still, I really dig those in bbkills interest thread. Maybe we'll hear some news on them soon.

Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Necklace Finished

Nice man. Looking good.

I pm'ed BBKill about the Supernatural heads trying to get an answer about when he plans to release him. I let him know about this thread and how we all can't wait, so hopefully I can get some answers out of him.

In the mean time, I am debating starting a John. He is one of the top characters that has ever been on this show for me, but there really aren't any prospects for a headsculpt for him.

Nice man. Looking good.

I pm'ed BBKill about the Supernatural heads trying to get an answer about when he plans to release him. I let him know about this thread and how we all can't wait, so hopefully I can get some answers out of him.

In the mean time, I am debating starting a John. He is one of the top characters that has ever been on this show for me, but there really aren't any prospects for a headsculpt for him.

Then BBkill was pelted last night. I sent him a pm as well, great minds. lol If I did another character my personal order would likely be Bobby, John, then Cas. I really dug John but I wish he had more screen time.

A few pieces I ordered arrived today. Taking some pics and should have them posted tonight or tomorrow.

I may need to address one or two things with the blue shirt, nitpicks mostly. It has velcro patches that need removed and the buttons are opposite of a normal open shirt. Black tee fit nicely but the watch was a pain. Yet to come up with pants, belt, etc.

dean6_zpssvhdxrxo.jpg

Here's all the upper wear together. Pretty happy with the results.

dean7_zps9qtunxsq.jpg

Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Some Dean Clothing

Awesome! That's the look if you ask me. Is that the sean dabs head? How's his Sam? I havent seen many pics of it.

I think that is Iminime's head. Been trying to track one down for years.

Its iminimes dean head painted by me. He doesn't have the mold anymore. I have Sam and castiel made as well. I've made rubbies demon knife for sam. I made castiels angel blade to.

Seeing an Iminime head started my looking into kit bashing the figures. I've been curious about that Sam head so thanks for posting it. You've made some great accessories there. I see Johns journal in there. hehe I'm working on Ruby's dagger myself and should have something to post shortly.

Im wondering if adding on some resculpted hair and painting on some stubble would make this head useable for John:
hp05roxburgh.jpg
John_Winchester_-_C%C3%B3pia.jpg

I'm doing something similar for a Karl figure to go with McClane. The features of the head above are pretty close. Definitely acceptable when a John may never get made. I'm betting a few changes would work wonders. Unlike yours mine will needs a complete repaint and a minor change to the nose but the overall features are good for Karl. Started the hair at least:

karl_zpsgjrcv0wd.jpg

I say give it a shot for a John figure. We'll likely all end up wanting to do it ourselves. lol

Well, went ahead and ordered the headsulpt. Now where to start?

I have no sculpting experience myself. Anyone know a good sculpter that takes commissions?

Last edited:
Back