Supernatural Kitbash Thread - Sam & Dean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Dean Jacket In

I bought it for $40 but I'm selling it for $30, ended up not needing it for a different bash. Let me know!

I picked mine up for twenty five shipped. So that's not too bad.

The ebay Colt arrived today. It's going to need some work. I'll have to deal with a number of bubbles, reshape the bottom of the cast, and add a trigger. Not entirely as expected but I can deal.

colt_zpsnztsqixx.jpg

On another note I finalized the necklace sculpt. Slightly reshaped some features and punched up a few details. It's a tiny bit over sized but going any smaller would have ruined it. Molding now.

necklace_zps6nugz86v.jpg

Whats the comparison of the pendant to the figure ? I wouldn't put a trigger on the colt considering the trigger only pops out when the hammer is cocked

Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Colt/Necklace Update

Ah, good to know on the Colt. I saw it with and without so I assumed it needed one.

The necklace head is under silicone but a rough guesstimate is that it's about 30% larger. At exactly 1/6th I'd be sculpting the whole thing on about a quarter inch of material. lol If size ends up being an issue I can mod the final cast changing the length of the neck, helmet, and horns slightly.

Ahh gotcha .Here's my colt and dean's machete i made . Im interested to see how it yours turns out uploadfromtaptalk1428793342676.jpg

Awesome! I thought I recognized the machete. I was thinking of doing Rubies dagger at some point.

I would just go with a metal colt. In hand you won't see any marking. Nice machete btw.

dwing, any idea who makes the metal version?

First cast is out. A couple kinks to iron out. Not sure I like the bead "string" that I picked up but it works. The size doesn't really bother me much. However, I may shorten the top of the head and that can be done with the existing mold. Here it is with minimal paint.

necklace2_zpsombz4rcc.jpg

The pictures a bit deceiving since it doesnt really seem that big just looking at it. Thoughts?

A bubble caused one horn to be underdeveloped but I can't complain for a first casting. Here's a better better shot . . .

necklace3_zpsljki9ls7.jpg

Yeah it's a little big but it looks great.

Thanks. I really do think it would have ended up a tiny horned blob if I went any smaller. lol

I found some of my cast come out smaller-might try to cast the cast to see if it could get smaller.

I would but the silicone I use has a shrinkage rate of one tenth of a percent. You wouldnt really see a difference. I plan to cast another tonight to see if I can improve anything with light sanding and if that will warrant a remold at all.

Still waiting on better fitting jeans for Sam, but in the mean time his shirt is done.

Also should have pics for Castiel soon.

Whoa, looks great! Spot on too. Are you going with clothing from a particular episode or just what you like from the series? I'm doing the later in a way.

Looks great.

Back