McHaleyArt's Custom SW Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concept Boba Fett (modern)
After seeing the various concept art for modern Boba, I was curious to see how he would look in real life. Other factors:
-With the BOBF figure coming, I want something that’s more in contrast.
-Even as a Fett Figure Fanatic, I’m not liking the Arena Fett all that much. From more than a few feet away, it’s like a silhouette. I can’t really see anything. Fett’s armor and accessories need to be seen. I’ll be doing something else with the rest of those pieces.
-I like this concept art with the more traditional look. I added the cod piece back and decided to leave out the cape. With the black, Boba looks both traditional and streamlined.
—Arena Fett suit, pouches, belt, boots and shin tools.
—Repainted Fett everything else with modified rangefinder.
IMG_9774.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg
IMG_0015.jpeg
IMG_0014.jpeg
IMG_9997.jpeg

Luke Skywalker
This is my favorite version of Luke. To me, he was never more interesting than he was in ESB. I also love most of the character designs from this film over the others in the saga. I usually stick with masked and/alien characters within the Star Wars universe, but Hot Toys really did a great job on the likeness for my fave version of Luke.
Originally, I was just going to try thin down those shoulder/bicep area and make the shoulders sharper. When I had the figure in hand, I also saw the need to raise the height of the neck. The suit is very well tailored, but a little small to do exactly what I originally intended. Adjustments would have to made to get the overall look I was going for. Also, I wanted something in between the pristine-disheveled look. Subtle.
Body
-DID slim, short body.
-Removed rubber chest.
-Replaced the inner neck peg with a modified HT peg.
-Replaced forearms with HT, modified forearm to bicep joint. Will replace with flesh colored forearms at some point.
-Shrink tubing on ankle pegs for a snug fit.
- Can’t remember where the custom hand is from (aside from my “Box O’ Hands”).

Excellent mods as always! The proportions look so much more natural.
I still don't understand why HT doesn't go for something closer to this, when they have so many modular TT parts nowadays.

Do you happen to know what exact slim DID body you are using?

Excellent mods as always! The proportions look so much more natural.
I still don't understand why HT doesn't go for something closer to this, when they have so many modular TT parts nowadays.

Do you happen to know what exact slim DID body you are using?
I don’t know exactly what figure it’s from. It’s their new advanced slim, shorter at the waist and ankles than other versions.

The Armorer
This is an odd one. I like the concept of The Armorer, but it’s a pretty bland figure. I wanted to make it more exciting and still keep her close to that in-universe appearance. The fluidity of the costumes in modern Star Wars is like a strange granting of permission to just do whatever I want.
“Imagination”
- SpongeBob Squarepants
*Brought out the Helmet details with some gold dry brushing and minimal copper wash tones.
*Added some strands of Tibetan Lamb Fur to the shawl. It’s a bit wild, but me likey.
*Repainted Shoulder Armor. The trim has a similar reddish tone found on the sleeves. Shoulder mesh plates lightened and detailed.
*Detailed the Chest Armor by dry brushing edges with copper and adding a bit of “dirt.”
*Areas directly above and below the belt lightened in tone and color.
*Repainted Bo Katan Gauntlets and Knee Armor. Elastic bands added to Knee Armor.
*3D printed Jetpack from ThePropeteerStudio. Painted and attached with Magnets.
IMG_0433.jpeg
IMG_0436.jpeg
IMG_0437.jpeg
IMG_0438.jpeg
IMG_0442.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice work on the mods, details, and improvements. Everything looks like it was always part of the design all along. Also, cool base.

😉👍

Ahsoka Tano (Clone Wars)
Sideshow’s Clone Wars line has been quite the head scratcher. It’s a cash cow, not living up to the potential it could because of bad choices. Poorly engineered bodies with shoddy plastic. Odd choices for some of the soft goods and, where Ahsoka is concerned, proportions that are not interpreted from the source material as well as they should have been.
The biggest problem is the shoulders. They are so narrow AND the wrong shape. They make the head look larger than it already is. I get it. It’s supposed to be styled after the exaggerated look from the animated show, but the final product misses the mark. It looks goofy. The body is all kinds of posable and the figure would benefit from action poses, arms out because of the bad proportions.
Here’s just a couple of pics for reference. She’s thin, but the shoulders should be slightly broader and squared off.
IMG_0948.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

…and what we got:
IMG_0903.jpeg

IMG_0900.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0906.jpeg

Thanks to pics from Toy Anxiety, I knew that Ahsoka’s forearms and shins would be more than a simple port over to a new body.
IMG_0696.png

The Hot Toys Ahsoka Clone Wars body would have to be heavily modified to accommodate the Sideshow pieces.
-Hot Toys Body:
-Cut rubber arms from the wrist up, exposing the metal that the bracers will slide over.
IMG_0755.jpeg

-Sideshow female wrist pegs (Baroness, I think), modded to fit.
-The rubber part of the body kept folding in making an already loose leg terrible at keeping a pose. Replaced the body below the chest. You can see the neck peg I modified to fit into the head.
IMG_0885.jpeg

-Thinned down the pegs that insert into the shins so I could attach a 3.97mm aluminum tube that will hold the boot.
IMG_0878.jpeg

-The shins have to be cut down and thinned to fit comfortably in the boot. The hole in the shin slightly widened. Fit it all together. Leg-Ka-Bob.
IMG_0873.jpeg

IMG_0875.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

-Henshin Cyborg feet pegs. These have been in my parts box forever and the the ends just happen to fit perfectly snug into the boot and act as ankle pegs. The ends that fit into the aluminum tube are slightly whittled down for a tight fit.
IMG_0740.jpeg
IMG_0879.jpeg

-Test fit, then used Hot Toys CW Ahsoka body suit to smooth out the details. Cut hole in the upper chest to match the SSC Tunic.
IMG_0881.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

This is how it’s looking so far:
IMG_0905.jpeg

-Belt ported over. This looks ok, but the tunic is a little short because of the new body.
IMG_0911.jpeg

-I’ll cut the extra tunic and make a “skirt” with the cut line hiding under the belt. Peel off the loin sash and attach it just under the buckle. The back of the belt will need some added length as well. Detach back pouch. Add some material and reattach the pouch.
IMG_0913.jpeg

-Used some of the extra tunic fabric to make slightly larger wrist joint covers.
IMG_0914.jpeg

-Fini!
IMG_0915.jpeg
IMG_0919.jpeg
IMG_0937.jpeg
IMG_0946.jpeg
IMG_0922.jpeg

IMG_0955.jpeg

Found a thinner body to trim her down some:
IMG_1199.jpeg
IMG_1208.jpeg
IMG_1206.jpeg