Supernatural Kitbash Thread - Sam & Dean

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: A Very Supernatural Kitbash

I was wondering, is it possible to create a 1/6 plaid shirt out of a plain one by carefully drawing the pattern on with fabric markers? Has anyone ever tried?

If so, I think I may have solved my shirt problem for Sam.

Last edited:

You might have issues with the marker skipping across the fabric if theres a fold or seam. Though I'm sure a steady hand could do it. Are the markers permanent or are they heat set etc?

Its more just an idea at this point.

But im hoping with some grey rit dye, three sharpies, and a steady hand I can turn this:
RM-RICK-08A.JPG

Into this:
vlcsnap-00011-8.png

Il test it on some spare fabric before I take the plunge, but if it doesn't work I can always dye the shirt purple or light blue for a less distinctive but still good look for Sam.

Last edited:

Nice. That's not so bad now that I see it. My only worry would be marker bleed. Have you given any thought to airbrushing the blue lines with fabric paint? I did this 1:1 Freddy sweater that way and simply used duct tape to create the lines.

fred.jpg

Wow; duct tape created lines that clean? Id have thought there would be some bleed through. Il have to look into that. I still have atleast a week until the shirt arrives, so il have some time to experiment. Thanks!

No problem. The tape did most of the work. I made certain to check it and would press a ruler against it in case the tape edge lifted.

It's funny, I actually own a real version of those boots you picked up. Very comfy! [emoji38]

Re: Supernatural Kitbash - Necklace

I thought I'd attempt a necklace for Dean. It needs a bit of tweaking but I'm happy with it so far. At this scale you can imagine how difficult any amount of detail can be.

amulet.jpg

Awesome work! Can't wait to see the finished thing.

After searching more than a half dozen sites for a reasonably priced Joe Colton jacket I came across the uniform set on Toy Anxiety. They were a bit cheaper than most but I went ahead and asked if they ever sold the jacket by itself. They initially said it came only as a set but I received an email today saying they'd put some up. Pretty cool of them! I picked one up and here's the link for anyone whos interested: G.I. Joe Retaliation: Joe Colton - Jacket

Welp, looks like someone took advantage of it. There were five and now there's nuttin. lol

Yea, ive been seeing those. Anyone have a photo of how well they fit?

Ive bought some Wild Toys stuff before and they fit like tents. Closer to 1/5 than 1/6.

Not the same shirt but I found this one googling wild toys . . .

WT029E-2.jpg

Glad I chose the Joe Colton jacket instead of some of those I'd seen elsewhere. With all the little details it really seems like the go to Dean jacket. You can hardly tell but the one in the screen cap is in fact a four pocket like the colton. Hopefully toy anxiety will restock them soon . . .

deangreen_zpsjhdtjphu.jpg

deanjacket_zpsiwx55nvd.jpg

Re: A Supernatural Kitbash - Dean Jacket In

Looks amazing!

Need to find me one of those. A little black rit dye and you have Dean's iconic M65.

images

Any thoughts on offering casts of Dean's necklace?

Probably so. I have a little props page but dont know if links like that are aloud. Anyway, I picked up bead string to replicate the other half of the necklace. All I need to do is refine the details and make a mold. May post up a finished version before the weekends out.

If anyone needs one, I have one of those Colton jackets for sale.

Back