Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the bad ones...that you know about. There aare plenty of bad films coming out in other genres, but the cape films get more coverage.

I realize that, i was just poking fun at how superhero films in general have taken a dive in quality.

Rachel is perfectly cast and I’ve seen David in a few roles and I think he could do a good job. He definitely needs to bulk up.

Ultimately, I think Rachel will have the standout performance.

Anybody but zod. Please don’t do zod. But I’m hearing the authority is the villain? Never heard of him or them

Please no Lex Luthor either. Not in the first one. He can have a presence in the movie as part of their world building, if they have to put him in there, but I really hope they don’t go right to him as the main villain. Would much rather see a Superman villain that hasn’t been used in a movie before.

Though I don't hold the original Superman in the high regard that you do (I still really like it and have a soft spot for it nostalgically), I agree with pretty much everything else you say here and hope that is the way they go.

On the topic of Jurassic Park specifically, I let my daughters watch it for the first time last week through Netflix. They did a pseudo 4K conversion that removed all the film qualities that were, apparently, an important part of what makes that film great. It looked really weird and was so much less dramatic and effective. A slow pan to reveal a character or reaction didn't have weight, and felt like borderline satire. It was like someone shot the movie on a high quality video tape. The John Williams score saved some scenes, because without it the reactions would have seemed really cheesy and unbelievable.

We were in Canada, so maybe this was a regional thing that isn't reflective of how things are handled all over, but visually it didn't feel much more gratifying than watching some modern, overwrought CG fest in many scenes.

Bringing this slightly back on topic, it made me wonder about how digital filmmaking must require a totally different approach to lighting, coloring, and cinematography generally to make things feel "real" to the viewer. In some ways, using film may have been a lot easier because it naturally gave recorded scenes gravity.
Sounds like Motion Smoothing needs turning off on the TV.

**** this guy already:

“I Want Him to Be ‘Bright and Optimistic’ After Henry Cavill’s ‘Gritty Take”​

What an idiotic first comment out the door from this noob.

It WASN’T Cavill’s gritty take to create!

Cavill didn’t write, direct or produce the character he acted what he was hired and ordered to perform.

Have some balls and say “After Snyder’s Gritty Take.”

Don’t place blame on the wrong person.

Imbecile.

Go eat a sandwich.

Metallo would be cool or even Mongul as villains. They can build up Brainiac and Luthor for later. Casting is perfect they look the part and I was hoping it would be them two. Having unknowns is okay Reeves and Cavill where unknowns until they started as Superman though they already had an acting career it's this role that pushed them into the limelight.

**** this guy already:

Cavill didn’t write, direct or produce the character he acted what he was hired and ordered to perform.

Imbecile.

Go eat a sandwich.

superman-black-suit-justice-league.jpg

Still not as good as...

tumblr_pg9ierBHK11s9xw57o4_250.gif

I thought she was great. Always liked that kind of wacky energy she had, and her raspy smoker's voice. Kind of like an earlier Natasha Lyonne. Lol
I didn’t mind her portrayal I just always hated the raspy voice.

Seeing some of the same stuff I saw with Pattinson last year. To skinny . Not man enough. Honestly I don’t care at this point. It all rhymes and 30 yrs from now a new Superman will come and they’ll say he doesn’t fit the character

**** this guy already:

Imbecile.

Go eat a sandwich.
Lol, it was just an offhand comment he made four years ago before even getting the role. And regardless of whether it was Cavill's preferred choice, it IS a pretty fair description of the Superman he portrayed on screen.

Lol, it was just an offhand comment he made four years ago before even getting the role. And regardless of whether it was Cavill's preferred choice, it IS a pretty fair description of the Superman he portrayed on screen.
Nope, we cancel people for comments made 30 years ago he’s done lol

Last edited:
About time there's a good Lois in a Superman movie.

I didn't even like Margot Kidder.

Always thought Courteney Cox would have made a great Lois Lane back in late 80s and 90s.
I liked Amy Adams in the role, but she was just never given enough to do.

Back