Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The official synopsis...

“Superman: Legacy tells the story of Superman’s journey to reconcile his Kryptonian heritage with his human upbringing as Clark Kent of Smallville, Kansas. He is the embodiment of truth, justice, and the American way, guided by human kindness in a world that sees kindness as old-fashioned.”

Let's not turn this into another anti-woke, doom mongering, we're being mistreated, movie thread on the first page. That's what the Marvel threads are for.

It's Superman for F's sake!
Did James Gunn just manage to perfectly sum up Superman in 2 sentences?

Last edited:
David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan are your new Clark and Lois.
superman-legacy-split.jpg

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/...el-brosnahan-clark-kent-lois-lane-1235656106/

Looks good to me. Atleast appearance wise, getting strong Tom Welling vibes which is definitely a good thing. Hopefully they can act-- and given what Gunn has said, I'm sure they can.

Love seeing Snyder fans having meltdowns, per usual. ;)

Looks good to me. Atleast appearance wise, getting strong Tom Welling vibes which is definitely a good thing. Hopefully they can act-- and given what Gunn has said, I'm sure they can.

Love seeing Snyder fans having meltdowns, per usual. ;)

Well, one thing is for sure…Gunn is definitely a man of his word. The Flash is easily the best superhero movie ever made.

These were the 2 I wanted, Brosnahan is one of the better actresses working right now.

Never heard of either of these two... :lol

I guess they look ok. Any women playing Lois has way more leeway than the poor man being cast as Superman. He's kinda scrawny. I just hope he beefs up enough se we don't get another awful muscle suit like the 1st Shazam movie. Zachary Levi was never right for that role, and I like him as an actor. The shoulders and biceps in that costume looked awful as f...

I have no idea if there's any life left in this genre. That said Rachel Brosnahan as Lois sounds damn good to me. She's terrific in Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

No idea who the bloke is actually. Looks like he could fit the bill provided his neck gets as wide as his jaw.

Yeah the Superhero genre seems to have run its course.

Damn Brosnahan is a great pick as Lois. I’ve only seen Corenswet in Pearl so not much to go off of for him but he sure fits the bill looks wise. It’s like Cavill and Tom Welling had a baby.

I agree, but likely in part due to a string of phoned-in content.

We've had epic superheroes, vulgar superheroes, violent superheroes, dark superheroes, quippy and ironic superheroes ... trying to think ... when was the last time we had an earnest, heroic superhero? Maybe CA:TFA or Raimi Spidey prior to that?

It hasn’t really, there’s still great content out there. Much of it is a lazy soulless cash grab now but plenty of good stuff to enjoy. Some examples; Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Verse, Peacemaker.

You just need content made by creators with actual passion for the stories and characters that they’re telling.

I like Corenswet. He’s got the look and he’s got the vibe. I’ve only seen him in a couple things. Most notably We Own This City. He played, like, one of the few good cops in Baltimore trying to bust Bernthal’s uber corrupt gun trace task force and, while David Simon didn’t give him much to work with vs. Bernthal’s scenery chewing as Wayne Jenkins, he played the role with a kind of straight edged earnestness that would work well for Supes. Brosnahan seems like she came out of the womb ready to play Lois, so, I’m immensely happy that the two people I was rooting for most got the gig.

It hasn’t really, there’s still great content out there. Much of it is a lazy soulless cash grab now but plenty of good stuff to enjoy. Some examples; Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Verse, Peacemaker.

You just need content made by creators with actual passion for the stories and characters that they’re telling.

It definitely has, especially for DC/Warner Bros. Six straight flops in a row now, and very likely two more incoming with Aquabro 2 and Bluebeetle. They need to go full damage control and let theses properties “rest” for a while. I’ll be genuinely shocked if Gunns Superman movie fixes everything. The general audience doesn’t seem to care.

Back