Super Smash Bros (WiiU and 3DS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f4gXUc2.jpg

More here: https://imgur.com/a/rB1AK

:lol

You know, speaking of the Villager I hope they include a female clone character (or just an alternate skin for the male one). I have a niece who plays Animal Crossing and other Nintendo games. She'd like that.

If there's no "Mii Fighter" this time around, the least they could do is let us use a Mii head on the villager like in the actual game of Animal Crossing.

Why all of these joke characters when there are so many great characters in Nintendo history? :slap

There are no joke characters. Smash Bros to begin with wasn't supposed to be a bunch of buff sword wielders duking it out it has always had characters like Yoshi, Kirby, and Mario in it. Wii Fit Trainer has her own movelist and is probably a better fighter than most characters in the game would be in their actual games :lol Villager isn't one either. He reps Animal Crossing and is a lot more relevant than Game and Watch or R.O.B.

Rumor has it that Mii will be playable. Now that's a ____ing waste of a slot. If Nintendo actually listened to the typical Smash fans though the roster would just be a bunch of pointless Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters so I'm glad they try to take the route of getting in unique ways to represent their various franchises.

Here's some potential characters I'd like to see, especially because of their history on the Nintendo consoles. I'm thrilled Mega Man is in it. I mentioned to my brother he should be in the next one days before E3 and sure enough, there he is!

-Mega Man X (Secret Character): Really? Do I need to explain this one. He should be in his full power armor from the first one (with a no power armor version skin as well) and some of his move-set capitalize on those powers, like the boost, super-charged shot, etc.

Solid Snake: Bring him back please.

Ryu, Ken and maybe one other SF character: This is a MUST! Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 2, and all the Street Fighter 2's dominated on the SNES and it was on that console that Street Fighter became the premiere fighting game. I know we see these characters a lot in cross-license fighting games, but they rightfully deserve to be in Smash Bros.

Simon Belmont: If Nintendo can get Konami on board, no one deserves to be in Smash Bros. like the FIRST Vampire Hunter we ever got to play and still the best in my opinion, Simon Belmont. Considering we have Mirror of Fate on the 3DS, I say this is a good chance. Give us a model of Simon based on his Mirror of Fate version AND his original brown, tunic version and you have a winner. Perhaps have one skin be Trevor Belmont as well.

Trevor Belmont/Alucard
: If you put in Simon, you should put in Alucard. We can only hope.

Dracula: Based on the original Castlevania version with a Gabriel Belmont skin as well. It's only natural you should put the Belmont's arch-enemy in the game. Fireball attacks, smoke teleportation, bat-transformation. The traditional vampire moveset will translate well for Smash Bros.

Master Higgins: I agree, the hero from Adventure Island should be there. He's lower on my list then some of the additional characters I mentioned, but if they can get him, he should be there. Hudson has merged with Konami, so technically if they can get Castlevania, they can get Master Higgins.

Double Dragon, Billy & Jimmy Lee: Double Dragon is a MUST! I would like to advocate that the duo be a pair of fighters like the Ice Climbers, but separating them might be better. Double Dragon is on all gamer's lists for Smash Bros. and their history on the NES console is unquestionable. Considering Double Dragon NEON is a pretty fun downloadable game, I see no reason why the Lee Twins shouldn't be on this game. They can be easy palette swaps of one character or both unique with their own movesets to set them apart.

Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer and Lance "Scorpion" Bean: Shame on you if you don't know the character names of the CONTRA guys. I can see these guys relying heavily on some range attacks with the variety of guns they have but some new close-in ones as well. Spread Gun Final Smash attack? Yes Please. I can see this just being one character with skin swap options if you want to play as both Contra guys on the same team. Similar to the Double Dragon option.

Sir Arthur: From Ghouls & Ghosts, Ghosts & Goblins, whatever. Similar to his appearance in MvC but I feel he'll fit into the Smash Bros. Universe a little bit better. Arthur has a history on the NES and the SNES and once again would be a great fit.

Battletoads: Another crazy fighting series. I would throw the popular sunglass-wearing Rash in there as the Battletoad of choice, with the others being skin swaps. I think this is a far stretch given that Microsoft owns Rare, who in turn owns Battletoads.

Killer Instinct characters: Nintendo's "Mortal Kombat" stood out with its crazy long combos, unique characters and actual fun gameplay. Where else can a boxer take on a human velociraptor? Same as above, I think this wouldn't happen thanks to Microsoft owning Rare.

Bionic Commando, Nathan Spencer: Another Capcom property and a good choice for Smash Bros. His Bionic arm will give him some unique abilities, especially across platforms. I would like to see one based off his NES and Bionic Commando Rearmed versions as opposed to the hot-dog arm from the console versions we saw.

Ryu Hayabusa, Ninja Gaiden: Hayabusa has been having his go with the new Ninja Gaiden series and as a fighting regular on Dead or Alive, but his roots were the original NES. Put Hayabusa back in his original blue-ish garb from the original NES game, give him some of moves from there like the big red ninja star and the fire-wheel and you have another solid addition to the Smash Bros. line-up. Add a skin-swap for the modern Hayabusa as well!

And if you can't get Hayabusa then...

Joe Musashi from SEGA's Shinobi: A fine ninja in his own right! Shinobi showed up recently on the 3DS so why not? Give Sonic a SEGA buddy.

Any other suggestions?

Of those the only character that I think deserves a spot would be Simon Belmont. He was a noteworthy figure of the NES and SNES era and he was recently in that 3DS Castlevania game. A lot of the other characters aren't as noteworthy or should just not be in. They don't want to fill the game with guest characters and they only want really noteworthy memorable ones, so people like Joe Musashi are out as he hasn't been relevant for decades.

I would HATE to see anyone from SF in this game. Ryu especially gets thrown around enough already. I expect, and I hope, that Megaman is the only Capcom related character.

Best news so far! :lol

Yes, tripping was so dumb, and all because Sakurai didn't want Smash Bros. to become a competitive fighter like SF or Tekken, etc.

Bardoon said:
Here's some potential characters I'd like to see, especially because of their history on the Nintendo consoles. I'm thrilled Mega Man is in it. I mentioned to my brother he should be in the next one days before E3 and sure enough, there he is!

-Mega Man X (Secret Character): Really? Do I need to explain this one. He should be in his full power armor from the first one (with a no power armor version skin as well) and some of his move-set capitalize on those powers, like the boost, super-charged shot, etc.

Solid Snake: Bring him back please.

Ryu, Ken and maybe one other SF character: This is a MUST! Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Street Fighter 2, and all the Street Fighter 2's dominated on the SNES and it was on that console that Street Fighter became the premiere fighting game. I know we see these characters a lot in cross-license fighting games, but they rightfully deserve to be in Smash Bros.

Simon Belmont: If Nintendo can get Konami on board, no one deserves to be in Smash Bros. like the FIRST Vampire Hunter we ever got to play and still the best in my opinion, Simon Belmont. Considering we have Mirror of Fate on the 3DS, I say this is a good chance. Give us a model of Simon based on his Mirror of Fate version AND his original brown, tunic version and you have a winner. Perhaps have one skin be Trevor Belmont as well.

Trevor Belmont/Alucard: If you put in Simon, you should put in Alucard. We can only hope.

Dracula: Based on the original Castlevania version with a Gabriel Belmont skin as well. It's only natural you should put the Belmont's arch-enemy in the game. Fireball attacks, smoke teleportation, bat-transformation. The traditional vampire moveset will translate well for Smash Bros.

Master Higgins: I agree, the hero from Adventure Island should be there. He's lower on my list then some of the additional characters I mentioned, but if they can get him, he should be there. Hudson has merged with Konami, so technically if they can get Castlevania, they can get Master Higgins.

Double Dragon, Billy & Jimmy Lee: Double Dragon is a MUST! I would like to advocate that the duo be a pair of fighters like the Ice Climbers, but separating them might be better. Double Dragon is on all gamer's lists for Smash Bros. and their history on the NES console is unquestionable. Considering Double Dragon NEON is a pretty fun downloadable game, I see no reason why the Lee Twins shouldn't be on this game. They can be easy palette swaps of one character or both unique with their own movesets to set them apart.

Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer and Lance "Scorpion" Bean: Shame on you if you don't know the character names of the CONTRA guys. I can see these guys relying heavily on some range attacks with the variety of guns they have but some new close-in ones as well. Spread Gun Final Smash attack? Yes Please. I can see this just being one character with skin swap options if you want to play as both Contra guys on the same team. Similar to the Double Dragon option.

Sir Arthur: From Ghouls & Ghosts, Ghosts & Goblins, whatever. Similar to his appearance in MvC but I feel he'll fit into the Smash Bros. Universe a little bit better. Arthur has a history on the NES and the SNES and once again would be a great fit.

Battletoads: Another crazy fighting series. I would throw the popular sunglass-wearing Rash in there as the Battletoad of choice, with the others being skin swaps. I think this is a far stretch given that Microsoft owns Rare, who in turn owns Battletoads.

Killer Instinct characters: Nintendo's "Mortal Kombat" stood out with its crazy long combos, unique characters and actual fun gameplay. Where else can a boxer take on a human velociraptor? Same as above, I think this wouldn't happen thanks to Microsoft owning Rare.

Bionic Commando, Nathan Spencer: Another Capcom property and a good choice for Smash Bros. His Bionic arm will give him some unique abilities, especially across platforms. I would like to see one based off his NES and Bionic Commando Rearmed versions as opposed to the hot-dog arm from the console versions we saw.

Ryu Hayabusa, Ninja Gaiden: Hayabusa has been having his go with the new Ninja Gaiden series and as a fighting regular on Dead or Alive, but his roots were the original NES. Put Hayabusa back in his original blue-ish garb from the original NES game, give him some of moves from there like the big red ninja star and the fire-wheel and you have another solid addition to the Smash Bros. line-up. Add a skin-swap for the modern Hayabusa as well!

And if you can't get Hayabusa then...

Joe Musashi from SEGA's Shinobi: A fine ninja in his own right! Shinobi showed up recently on the 3DS so why not? Give Sonic a SEGA buddy.

Any other suggestions?

Nice ideas, but as far as third-party characters go, I predict (and hope) that there will only be one character per third-party company, like with Brawl.

Also, I hope Sonic comes back.

Last edited:
Yes, tripping was so dumb, and all because Sakurai didn't want Smash Bros. to become a competitive fighter like SF or Tekken, etc.

Kind of funny, because it did anyway. Speaking of which, didn't they ban Metaknight from being used in tournament play :lol

Nice ideas, but as far as third-party characters go, I predict (and hope) that there will only be one character per third-party company, with with Brawl.

Also, I hope Sonic comes back.

If Sonic comes back, I hope he's better. I want Tails or Dr. Eggman to join as well.

Kind of funny, because it did anyway. Speaking of which, didn't they ban Metaknight from being used in tournament play :lol

If Sonic comes back, I hope he's better. I want Tails or Dr. Eggman to join as well.

Yeah, eggman and sonic.

Little Mac will probably make it in, still hoping king hippo.

Back