Steve Jobs has died

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's always sad when someone so young has died in such a way and I'm glad he's without pain now but.....

I totally disagree with this. He was far from a saint.

I agree.

Also, Gates is no slouch. Nevermind how instrumental he was in making the internet accessible to billions, his philanthropic contributions are staggering.

I don't think the love and admiration of strangers is a meaningful standard to measure your life by, either. A lot of people seem to think their love and hate is what makes or breaks a person's legacy. That's nonsense.

One thing that personally bothers me with his death at that age is my father is older than that. Thinking about those kind of things makes me wonder where the time has gone.

The uncle I lost two weeks ago to liver cancer with metastases to his lungs was 56.

It started two months ago. He didn't even know what hit him.

I bet you change your mind once you hit 40...

I'm in my forties.
I stand by my observation.
Though it varies slightly from individual to individual based on genetics and life style choices.
Given the avg. American male life span, Jobs was no spring chicken.

Sorry, Michael.
My dad died of pancreatic cancer at 62. Doctors gave him 3 mos, he barely lasted that long.

Cancer sux.

:grouphug

:1-1:

My dad got lucky (actually, he fought like hell) when his liver metastasis turned up. He almost made it a year and they didn't think he'd make it a month. He was 61.

Well if you can it to another 40-50 years, you might be around to be able to download your thoughts and memories into a computer and live on in this world or a "matrix" like one, forever. Or at least until the Omega Point and Man transends to the next level.

The uncle I lost two weeks ago to liver cancer with metastases to his lungs was 56.

It started two months ago. He didn't even know what hit him.

sorry for your loss... i had a friend in his mid 30s with a similar circumstance... didn't know what hit him... he didn't even have a week.

That's just plain terrifying. The thought of being that young is one thing, but actually hearing when it happens makes me nauseous. Children with it makes me want to stab my eyes out.

And thank you for your condolences.

____ Cancer.

Terrifying indeed. Even more terrifying is that at least one of us in the last 10 posters is probably gonna die from cancer :lecture

I use to work for Apple in Cupertino during the early 90's when I was out of college, but unfortunately I never had the privilege of meeting Steve Jobs because in those years he wasn't with Apple. I would have loved to have met him just once.

Last edited:
____ Cancer.

Terrifying indeed. Even more terrifying is that at least one of us in the last 10 posters is probably gonna die from cancer :lecture
Not me. I'm gonna lie in bed and die from nothing! :lecture

:lol

And, for the mods, I am done hijacking this thread...

off2bed.gif

Not me. I'm gonna lie in bed and die from nothing! :lecture

Thats awesome! How can I get in on that?

I had a chance to die like that, but my ex-wife found me and called 911 :mad:

Robbed me of a peaceful death! Now I'll probably get cancer and suffer for years :(

Back