Steve Jobs has died

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for you loss, Devil. I lost my Dad to cancer as well.

In my family, anyone dying before the age of 80 is considered too young.

Thanks a lot guys.

What was it with the WWII generation? All of my grandparents made to 80 or beyond. My mom's mother hit 91 this year.

Our parents' generation is dropping like flies.

My Mother had 5 sisters old enough to be her mother (20+ years or older) and they all died in their 90s. One just passed away not too long ago at 96. My Dad's Father died in his sleep at 94. Both of my parents were "change of life" babies.

They actually say that people are living longer now, but it sure doesn't seem that way. I can speculate as to why, but then I'dd just be called hippy tree hugger. :lol

I think it has more to do with a particular kind of stress than pollution, or whatever. I think there are always an abundance of carcinogens available, in any era. It's how a person's immune system copes with them, and I think psychology has a lot more to do with that than people give it credit for.

But that's just me. I'm not a molecular bio-chemist or anything.

Ween, just recently and for the first time ever, the statistics are showing that we are now not living longer. Too many cancers and diseases are cropping up in younger and younger adults and children.

I have a very good clue as to why this is but will not go into it here or now for many reasons- one of which is that I don't have the time to type it out! Sorry! But if you're interested, I can send you some links to websites, etc.

Ween, just recently and for the first time ever, the statistics are showing that we are now not living longer. Too many cancers and diseases are cropping up in younger and younger adults and children.

I have a very good clue as to why this is but will not go into it here or now for many reasons- one of which is that I don't have the time to type it out! Sorry! But if you're interested, I can send you some links to websites, etc.

Could simply be overpopulation. Mother Earth is shaken off the cooties.

I agree with the stress thing too. So many things. Hook me up as well, Sam. Thanks!

The uncle I lost two weeks ago to liver cancer with metastases to his lungs was 56.

It started two months ago. He didn't even know what hit him.

:1-1:

My dad got lucky (actually, he fought like hell) when his liver metastasis turned up. He almost made it a year and they didn't think he'd make it a month. He was 61.

Jesus Devil, I'm sorry to hear that. The older I get the more I appreciate that life is a bloody lottery. I try never to be lulled into the idea that I'm guaranteed to be around next week, let alone in a year, ten years or forty years (at the same time it's hard to continually think like this without also constantly thinking about death and dying, which can be a bit of a downer).

The best I hope for is not that I'll live til I'm 100 but that I get to enjoy watching my kids grow up, and being able to fully participate in their lives while they're doing it. Anything more than this is a bonus.

I don't know what kind of relationship you had with your dad, but I hope he was satisfied that he got to experience your growth into adulthood. To me this is the gift of parenthood that some sadly never get the chance to experience with their kids.

My relationship with my dad was great, and he lived to see three grandchildren. Not mine, but that's irrelevant. Your goals are good. In a lot of ways, there's not much else to ask for from life. In other ways, I do not believe he was satisfied. I know he wasn't finished living yet, beyond the time he lost spending with his family, and everyone has to decide for themself exactly what it is that they need from life that will allow them to die happy.

Back