Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At some point Disney will make a statement:

"We had you going for a while there. The movie you watched was cobbled together from outtakes because we thought it would be a nice warm up for the real Episode VIII..."

The Yoda scene confused me in that Luke reacted in shock at Yoda burning it down with the lighting bolt despite the fact that that was what Luke was going up there to do in the first place...wasn't it?

I liked the movie. It had some silly parts, but overall i really enjoyed it.

As far as Yoda's ghost changing the weather:

1. There is precedent, albeit on a much smaller level, of strong force users controlling/generating lightning. Darth Tyranus and the Emperor both shot lighting before this movie, and Yoda absorbed it.

2. I for one thought it was nice to see Yoda actually do something powerful as a ghost. Way back in ANH Obiwan tells Vader "...strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine". Well, up until this point in TLJ Force ghosts have just given sage advice or stood around smiling at an Ewok rave. I thought it was nice to see a Force ghost do something "powerful". Plus, it paves the way for Luke to be very active in Episode IX since he became one with the Force.

One thing is for sure, Episode 9 needs to time jump, drastically.

For me personally, Leia should now be heading up the new reformed republic and write her out of it that way.
Rey, should have her own Jedi academy going on and Ren and the first order plotting some grand scheme.

The Yoda scene confused me in that Luke reacted in shock at Yoda burning it down with the lighting bolt despite the fact that that was what Luke was going up there to do in the first place...wasn't it?
He only wanted to do it but stopped at the last second.
That's when Yoda almost killed him while dancin' and laughin' like a creepy moron...

Luke was being a sulking child making idol threats, when the grown up then decided to call his bluff he panicked and backed down. So no, Luke wasn't actually going to do it. But as mentioned previously, the Jedi texts survived anyway, Rey took them!

So much of the film made so little sense. Like the pages from a dozen random screenplays got mixed up in a wind tunnel.

Luke was being a sulking child making idol threats, when the grown up then decided to call his bluff he panicked and backed down. So no, Luke wasn't actually going to do it. But as mentioned previously, the Jedi texts survived anyway, Rey took them!

I actually didn't catch that part. Well, I saw the books, but it didn't click that they were the Jedi texts.

Funny thing is, some of the problems I had were with physics...

Why does the mass of the ship effect it's speed in space?

Why do bombs drop in space, shouldn't they just float?

And how did Leia get back in without everybody else being sucked out into space?

(It's been explained that the bombs were guided).

Funny thing is, some of the problems I had were with physics...

Why does the mass of the ship effect it's speed in space?

Why do bombs drop in space, shouldn't they just float?

Light speed in recent films (new SW films, new Star Trek films) bothers me. No matter how far apart places are in the galaxy, they are just a few minutes away from each other in light speed.

Leia flying as well, why is no one mentioning that? There are so many other ways they could have shown her use the force. Even if she had just created a force shield around herself to protect her from the blast.

But my biggest grudge is Rey! They set it up in the Force Awakens that she was someone of significance. It was heavily implied that Han had an idea of who she was and let's not forget the Skywalker Lightsaber calling to her! Why would it call to the child of two junkies?

They really had a chance here with this trilogy to tie all of the episodes together and close out the saga, instead they have given us a bunch of random new characters who have no ties to the PT or OT whatsoever.

Plus, I feel like that stupid ***** Kathleen Kennedy will go on to make further saga episodes without the Skywalkers in them.

I have seen more cleverly written storylines in EastEnders (UK reference)

Another disappointment was with there being no new troop types. Unless they were in the background and I missed them. I definitely saw the usual FO suspects from Ep 7 in the hanger, but its kind of odd that a Star Wars theatrical release goes without introducing a new troop armor. (With the exception also of TPM of course)

And how did Leia get back in without everybody else bring sucked out into space?

(It's been explained that the bombs were guided).

Didn't hear that, I'll listen for it next time.

I'm now astro-physicist, but I'm pretty sure you can't survive in a freezing cold, highly radioactive vacuum for more than a couple seconds.

Another disappointment was with there being no new troop types. Unless they were in the background and I missed them. I definitely saw the usual FO suspects from Ep 7 in the hanger, but its kind of odd that a Star Wars theatrical release goes without introducing a new troop armor. (With the exception also of TPM of course)

They did, the executioners were new.

There really is only one explanation that covers everything wrong with the film. As I wore before, it's a parody.

But when we want parody we go to Robot Chicken or Family Guy.

TLJ jumped the sea cow.

I can agree with many points people make on here, but I still really enjoyed the movie.

I think the lightsaber "called" to Rey due to her being highly force sensitive

Didn't hear that, I'll listen for it next time.

I'm now astro-physicist, but I'm pretty sure you can't survive in a freezing cold, highly radioactive vacuum for more than a couple seconds.

Apparently Leia created a force bubble around herself which protected her from the blast and from loss of air. However, the bubble doesn't protect from the cold temperatures, but Leia was able to quickly pull herself back with the force. The bubble also prevented a vacuum when they opened the door to let her in, blah blah blah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back