Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, she basically has the same birth story as Vader. In fact, she could have Vader's midichlorian content and thats exactly why the lightsaber called to her. She could literally be the resurrection of Vader's essence for all we know. Think about Kylo gloating over her heritage, the ****ing irony. Anakin's mom was fortunate enough to be single when she was pregnant and knew something was screwy, what if the force did that again with a couple, they're not going to know the difference until the kid starts pulling weird, "Eleven" type **** around the house. No wonder they dumped her.

She had never done anything with The Force until Awakens and even the "Chosen One", Anakin had to be trained to tap his potential. This is all just crappy set-up and lame ex-machina story telling.

This stuff drives me crazy. That's one of my favorite things about Star Wars, like the statues of the Sith philosophers in Palpatine's office (which we now know are connected to Snoke's ring). I think Rian Johnson has close to zero interest when it comes to Force lore.
Did we even end up seeing the necklace or is it just part of the visual guide? I didn't notice it whatsoever during the movie.

Luke hung it up inside his little hut and that's all we saw of it!

The fact that Luke said "laser sword" is all you need to know about this film, really.
Almost forgot about Luke actually takin' and lookin' at gold dice, a joke/ester egg item from original Star Wars that didn't apear in any other movie since, as a visual reminder of Han Solo. It can't get more stupid and insulting than that.

What Rian Johnson did is basically the equivalent of ****ing up continuity via time travel.
He created all those plot holes with just a couple scenes in the movie.

And yeah Luke definitely had physical interactions via his projection, the biggest wtf being Han's dice.
Just like Yoda with his ghost.

I think Rian just went a little kid in a candy store crazy. I think some of the things, are something you would expect a kid to get excited about. Kind of like if I got to re-do ROTJ, it would be over in 30 minutes and Fett would be planting all their corpses in the desert. :lol
I think he had good intentions, I think he just got too geeked out and probably watched a lot of DBZ in his lifetime, cause Rey is basically stress powering up to over 9K.

Apparently Leia created a force bubble around herself which protected her from the blast and from loss of air. However, the bubble doesn't protect from the cold temperatures, but Leia was able to quickly pull herself back with the force. The bubble also prevented a vacuum when they opened the door to let her in, blah blah blah...

ipO1qt5.jpg

Yes, he could create things that affected the physical world. He touched Leia and Kylo could pick up the dice that were left behind. The powers that be just didn't think it out, sorry. The books and Lightning Wizard Yoda were another brain fart. They just didn't really think it out. A Force Ghost like this version of Yoda could have just had Snoke or Kylo trip on something or have something impale them and poof, problem solved. If a ghost can do this why didn't Ben help Luke when he was hanging from Cloud City? Why say he can't help him fight Vader if he actually could? What the hell are Anakin, Ob-Wan and Qui-Gon doing in the afterlife now if they aren't helping?

But not causing harm to someone! I am guessing they cannot interact in a way that could harm a physical being.
Luke could probably kiss Leia on the forehead as it's his sister and she too is force sensitive. Same with Yoda interacting with Luke.

I didn't write this crap so I don't know, but that would be my take on it anyway!

And worst: used as a platform for an agenda -- whether "girl power" or Disney's bleak brand...

Agree. The forced “girl power” in TLJ just comes off as righteous preaching. Worse than that was not letting Chewy eat the damned chicken LOL!!

The “forced” lesson I took away was the I won’t be seeing Episode 9 in the theaters until I read the fan reviews. The critics were full of ***** but the fan reviews on RT are mostly spot on.

But not causing harm to someone! I am guessing they cannot interact in a way that could harm a physical being.
Luke could probably kiss Leia on the forehead as it's his sister and she too is force sensitive. Same with Yoda interacting with Luke.

I didn't write this crap so I don't know, but that would be my take on it anyway!

Dude, just stop... it's just bad writing. REALLY bad writing.

I agree. I'm going out on a limb and saying this won't quite break a billion. I'm just going for it.

(my gut tells me 1.2 billion to be honest)

If it doesn’t break a billion it will be a colossal failure for Disney. But IMO this will likely get to $1.5B globally due to the holidays and positive critic reviews. They’ve somehow managed to show a different version of this movie to the critics than what we saw in theaters LMAO!!

If it doesn’t break a billion it will be a colossal failure for Disney. But IMO this will likely get to $1.5B globally due to the holidays and positive critic reviews. They’ve somehow managed to show a different version of this movie to the critics than what we saw in theaters LMAO!!

They own the critics. They've owned them for some time now. The corporate machine in this country is disgusting.

I haven't disputed that lol
But as I said, there were far worse things than Yoda striking a tree with lightning.

For sure, but it's the accumulation.

I wouldn't mind the useless Finn/Rose arc for example, if the rest was insanely good. But it's so bad and disappointing overall, you just start pointing fingers at every single issue.

I really expected a better reveal for Rey than she's just "no one". I was expecting Snoke to be this big bad ancient evil that ties in the PT and OT to this new one.
I thought Luke would survive all three of the films and be a total bad ass Jedi!

Even the Porgs and the Crystal foxes just felt like a waste, no purpose other than visual effect.

Honestly I had zero theory or expectation regarding Rey. I just wanted her to actually train before becoming powerful.
I would even say I had zero theory overall (not for a lack of watching videos about theories), I was open to anything as long as it was good and respected the universe.

My main expectations were Luke and Snoke. I wanted proper development, and of course Luke to have a tremendous display of power and skill.
Snoke actually was pretty badass until he got killed. You could tell it was effortless for him, which made it worse to lose the character that fast and easily.

Is rushmore all alone here? Okay let's have some fun talking about this movie.

The Yoda scene confused me in that Luke reacted in shock at Yoda burning it down with the lighting bolt despite the fact that that was what Luke was going up there to do in the first place...wasn't it?

I took it as Yoda calling Luke's bluff and helping him get over himself. I freaking loved the Yoda scenes. I hated how he looked and sounded in the PT but with regard to how he talked I just assumed that Frank Oz's voice had simply changed dramatically in the 16 years since the OT. But then in TLJ he's back to sounding like Grover from Sesame Street again. Which means George instructed Frank to deliberately sound different in TPM/AOTC/ROTS. I somehow hate the prequels even more now, lol.

But it wasn't! Who the **** thought it was a good idea to have Luke contemplate murdering his Nephew? His twin sisters son? Like seriously!
I wanted him to have discovered some big Jedi secret which has led to him doubting the continuation of the order, but no, it was just self pity and loathing!

And just how many years is he meant to have been gone for?

The story arc group should have sat down and created a rough outline for the entire trilogy and said to the directors this is where we want to go with it, but you can tell it how you want! Instead it feels as though they have no ****ing clue where they're taking it and just letting each director do whatever the **** they want!

I would be interested to know what JJ's take is on the film after he set up so much potential storylines and reveals in TFA.

I am worried for this new trilogy they're letting Johnson Helm and I do wonder if they will now rethink that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back