Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't hear that, I'll listen for it next time.

I'm now astro-physicist, but I'm pretty sure you can't survive in a freezing cold, highly radioactive vacuum for more than a couple seconds.

The bomb thing was explained in the Visual Dictionary, I think.

I can agree with many points people make on here, but I still really enjoyed the movie.

I think the lightsaber "called" to Rey due to her being highly force sensitive

I just think that's BS and goes against everything Kathleen has said about it being the Skywalker Family Saga. Now they're focusing on these new characters who are **** all to do with the SKywalkers.

JJ better announce that actually, although Rey's parents dumped her on Jakku, they weren't actually her real parents and instead snatched her from somewhere and she is in fact a Skywalker or Solo.

Also, Finn being snatched as a child, why is that not explored? He should be Lando's son.

But my biggest grudge is Rey! They set it up in the Force Awakens that she was someone of significance. It was heavily implied that Han had an idea of who she was and let's not forget the Skywalker Lightsaber calling to her! Why would it call to the child of two junkies?

I can see how that bothers some people but it didn't really bother me that much. I rationalize it based on the fact that Darth Vader's (the biggest bad in the galaxy) parents were a slave girl and thin air. At least on one side Anakin's parent literally was no body.

They did, the executioners were new.

Those aren't new troops, those are paint jobs. Think Clone armor, New clone armor,(Death Troopers, Shore Troopers), Stormtrooper armor, Snowtroopers, and finally Scouts in ROTJ. There was no major troop shift, We got FO troopers in p7 with the flmaer and cold variants right off the back, its like they blew their wad early for this trilogy.

There was so many potential elements in this film that were not explored and just placed there for visiuals. Like Luke's necklace with the red kyber crystal. Snoke's ring with the black kyber crystal. The Jedi texts. The force tree. The dark side hole on the islands.

One of the best things was Laura Dern and even she felt somewhat wasted.

Those aren't new troops, those are paint jobs. Think Clone armor, New clone armor,(Death Troopers, Shore Troopers), Stormtrooper armor, Snowtroopers, and finally Scouts in ROTJ. There was no major troop shift, We got FO troopers in p7 with the flmaer and cold variants right off the back, its like they blew their wad early for this trilogy.

I was about to type that last sentence myself. The HT TFA Snowtroopers didn't sell well, but only saw action in TLJ. Maybe TLJ will help clear them out.

Just face it, this movie jumped the shark, got off the bike and torched the tank then pissed in the whole audiences eyes.

The apologists can't face it. Just go to YT. They're all hoping:

-Snoke's death gets retconned in IX
-Luke's death gets retconned in IX
-Rey's parents and origin are meaningful in IX, retconning Kylo's reveal to Rey
-Better Force Ghosts appear in IX
-Phasma's death is retconned in IX
-Less comedy in IX
-Better plot in IX

Essentially, they want the whole movie retconned but STILL say the liked it. At least they've gone from the initial "I LOVED it!!!!" during the weekend and have now landed on "I really liked it." which is progress.

I can see how that bothers some people but it didn't really bother me that much. I rationalize it based on the fact that Darth Vader's (the biggest bad in the galaxy) parents were a slave girl and thin air. At least on one side Anakin's parent literally was no body.

But it's been done! We get it, force users can come from no one special, that has always been the case! In fact since Jedi weren't supposed to form relationships the majority of them did come from no where! So with Rey it felt like it was more a kick in the teeth and a **** you to fans and theorists.

As I have stated about 10 times now, this is supposed to be the SKYWALKER FAMILY SAGA. But Luke is dead, Leia can't feature in 9! So we're left with just this random girl, she isn't even a chosen one like Anakin was.

The fact that Luke said "laser sword" is all you need to know about this film, really.

There was so many potential elements in this film that were not explored and just placed there for visiuals. Like Luke's necklace with the red kyber crystal. Snoke's ring with the black kyber crystal. The Jedi texts. The force tree. The dark side hole on the islands.

One of the best things was Laura Dern and even she felt somewhat wasted.

This stuff drives me crazy. That's one of my favorite things about Star Wars, like the statues of the Sith philosophers in Palpatine's office (which we now know are connected to Snoke's ring). I think Rian Johnson has close to zero interest when it comes to Force lore.
Did we even end up seeing the necklace or is it just part of the visual guide? I didn't notice it whatsoever during the movie.

Yeah, she basically has the same birth story as Vader. In fact, she could have Vader's midichlorian content and thats exactly why the lightsaber called to her. She could literally be the resurrection of Vader's essence for all we know. Think about Kylo gloating over her heritage, the ****ing irony. Anakin's mom was fortunate enough to be single when she was pregnant and knew something was screwy, what if the force did that again with a couple, they're not going to know the difference until the kid starts pulling weird, "Eleven" type **** around the house. No wonder they dumped her.

Because Luke couldn't actually interfere with the physical world around him! If you watch again he leaves no foot prints in the salt, his blade never connects with Kylo's, he's literally just there as a hologram to distract. Plus, it took everything he had and eventually killed him, so if all Jedi were to do that then they would all end up dead.

Yoda bringing about lightning to burn down the tree was a little bit like really...
But again he didn't interact with a person, only the surroundings. Plus, again if anyone failed to spot it, when Finn gets a blanket out of the draw for Rose the Ancient Jedi Texts are in the draw, so Rey basically took them and Yoda's "the books don't contain anything the girl Rey doesn't already possess" was a play on words.
Yes, he could create things that affected the physical world. He touched Leia and Kylo could pick up the dice that were left behind. The powers that be just didn't think it out, sorry. The books and Lightning Wizard Yoda were another brain fart. They just didn't really think it out. A Force Ghost like this version of Yoda could have just had Snoke or Kylo trip on something or have something impale them and poof, problem solved. If a ghost can do this why didn't Ben help Luke when he was hanging from Cloud City? Why say he can't help him fight Vader if he actually could? What the hell are Anakin, Ob-Wan and Qui-Gon doing in the afterlife now if they aren't helping?

Yeah, she basically has the same birth story as Vader. In fact, she could have Vader's midichlorian content and thats exactly why the lightsaber called to her. She could literally be the resurrection of Vader's essence for all we know. Think about Kylo gloating over her heritage, the ****ing irony. Anakin's mom was fortunate enough to be single when she was pregnant and knew something was screwy, what if the force did that again with a couple, they're not going to know the difference until the kid starts pulling weird, "Eleven" type **** around the house. No wonder they dumped her.

:rotfl

Well you are really confused between the clear concept of The Chosen One and MaReySue/powerfpuff girl though :lol

I was about to type that last sentence myself. The HT TFA Snowtroopers didn't sell well, but only saw action in TLJ. Maybe TLJ will help clear them out.

Its sad that they didn't sell well, I actually love the TFA pilot, flamer, and snowy, wish the duck troopers looked more like any of their variants.

I just think that's BS and goes against everything Kathleen has said about it being the Skywalker Family Saga. Now they're focusing on these new characters who are **** all to do with the SKywalkers.

JJ better announce that actually, although Rey's parents dumped her on Jakku, they weren't actually her real parents and instead snatched her from somewhere and she is in fact a Skywalker or Solo.

Also, Finn being snatched as a child, why is that not explored? He should be Lando's son.

Kylo is a Skywalker.

Had Rey been a Skywalker, 90% of you would be crapping on it for that.

Yes, he could create things that affected the physical world. He touched Leia and Kylo could pick up the dice that were left behind. The powers that be just didn't think it out, sorry. The books and Lightning Wizard Yoda were another brain fart. They just didn't really think it out. A Force Ghost like this version of Yoda could have just had Snoke or Kylo trip on something or have something impale them and poof, problem solved. If a ghost can do this why didn't Ben help Luke when he was hanging from Cloud City? Why say he can't help him fight Vader if he actually could? What the hell are Anakin, Ob-Wan and Qui-Gon doing in the afterlife now if they aren't helping?

What Rian Johnson did is basically the equivalent of ****ing up continuity via time travel.
He created all those plot holes with just a couple scenes in the movie.

And yeah Luke definitely had physical interactions via his projection, the biggest wtf being Han's dice.
Just like Yoda with his ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back