Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Dec 15th, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thoughts/Predictions for Star Wars Episode VIII? - (POTENTIAL SPOILERS)

If Disney can bring back coulson, they can bring back Han :lol

Luke fell too on ESB remember.

If VII is any indication. Someone will lose their hand and be told their the offspring of whatever bad guy is in it.

I think it'll make a ton of money...all else I don't care...��

My predictions:

- Finn is Landos son (remember the story about his eyes?)
- Rey is Bens sister
- Ben is lost to the dark side just like his grandfather was
- Before he will be killed by Rey (part 3), he will kill Luke aswell (part 2).
- Snoke will somehow reactivate the Sith

I'm pretty sure Rey is Ben's sister. They will prolly try to use the same formula as the OT except this time around its brother vs sister instead of father vs son.

And I'm pretty sure Han isn't dead and he'll come back in the 2nd or 3rd movie. There's got to be scenes of him meeting with Luke again. And I'm hoping to see lando again, would be cool if they did. And boba fett.

damn man :lol

My predictions:

- Finn is Landos son (remember the story about his eyes?)
- Rey is Bens sister
- Ben is lost to the dark side just like his grandfather was
- Before he will be killed by Rey (part 3), he will kill Luke aswell (part 2).
- Snoke will somehow reactivate the Sith
This is all just too predictable. I certainly hope the writers can inject a little bit of originality into the franchise.

I bet everyone assumed Finn ends up being Lando's son lol...only black guy in the film being the son of the only black guy in the OT. It's all a little too neat.

If VII is any indication. Someone will lose their hand and be told their the offspring of whatever bad guy is in it.

Everything was too vague in the last battle scene, so aside the cheek scarring, did Ben loose an arm too?

This is all just too predictable. I certainly hope the writers can inject a little bit of originality into the franchise.

I bet everyone assumed Finn ends up being Lando's son lol...only black guy in the film being the son of the only black guy in the OT. It's all a little too neat.

:lol now that you mentioned it :lol

or how bout throwing some GAme of throne **** into the is, and have Finn as the illegitimate son of Lando and leia (one of the reason why they broke up) and they (rey and Finn) only find out after they are in a relationship. That oughta mess things up a little :lol

Would people rather see Kylo Ben as a fully trained user of the dark side or have Ep 8 show his final training?...

More Knights of Ren for sure. Would like to see Phasma actually DO something. Obviously a whole lotta Luke. Can't wait for BB-8/R2 hijinks...

True, but lets face it: Star Wars has been all the way like this, which is perfectly allright with me as it does not hurt the story. Its great nevertheless. Hans death for example was pretty predictable too, nevertheless it was a great scene and a true hostory moment. Han Solo has died after 40 years. :bow

First Order Strikes Back.
Asteroid field.
Rey being trained by Luke.
Clouds.
Bounty Hunter.

giphy.gif

Nothing will make sense. Everything will be rebooted as soon as the next movie fail at BO.
This franchise always was a cluster**** and will be an even bigger one now.

I've read SW related books and comics, played games, watched cartoons (not Disney's one, too stupid and tasteless)... There's absolutely no sense in trying to predict what's gonna happen next because consistency is the last thing owners of this franchise care about. New film is the perfect example.

I just hope the sequels progress and go forward.

Nothing different has really happened story wise as far as I'm concerned. With the prequels and ROTJ, balance was restored and the Sith were destroyed or whatever. With the OT, Luke redeemed his father, the Emperor was defeated and they celebrated as the galaxy started the New Republic.

The world we're in now seemingly reset everything and went backwards. Luke has made the same idiotic mistake that Obi-Wan and Yoda made. You have an emo kid who's being "the bad guy" for absolutely no reason, again. The republic, which surely should have flourished after the events of ROTJ, are now completely and utterly destroyed again. The Empire, er, First Order will no doubt be stronger than ever and now we have a weird, 8ft hooded creepy bro wrecking the same pointless plots old man Palps had back in his heydey. How Luke let all this happen is beyond me. The character showed enormous strength at the end of ROTJ and now, once again, they're back to square one with the good guys being the under dogs again. I don't get it but it is what it is.

Rey and Kylo are brother and sister.....Rey was removed from force training when Kylo and Knights of Ren were going whacko killing Pandawans and Jedi.
Original Trilogy characters will continue to die
Kylo will change allegiance to the light. He and Rey will kill Luke (goes dark) and Snoke

I just hope the sequels progress and go forward.

Nothing different has really happened story wise as far as I'm concerned. With the prequels and ROTJ, balance was restored and the Sith were destroyed or whatever. With the OT, Luke redeemed his father, the Emperor was defeated and they celebrated as the galaxy started the New Republic.

The world we're in now seemingly reset everything and went backwards. Luke has made the same idiotic mistake that Obi-Wan and Yoda made. You have an emo kid who's being "the bad guy" for absolutely no reason, again. The republic, which surely should have flourished after the events of ROTJ, are now completely and utterly destroyed again. The Empire, er, First Order will no doubt be stronger than ever and now we have a weird, 8ft hooded creepy bro wrecking the same pointless plots old man Palps had back in his heydey. How Luke let all this happen is beyond me. The character showed enormous strength at the end of ROTJ and now, once again, they're back to square one with the good guys being the under dogs again. I don't get it but it is what it is.

I'm not going to write it off but yes the things you've mentioned definitely need to be addressed.

Rey is Luke's daughter.
Luke will tell her about her mother. (He was standing over a grave)
Luke will finish her training.
Luke will sacrifice himself confronting Snoke, but return as a ghost.
Rey will redeem Ben, but Ben will be killed by Snoke.
Rey will kill Snoke

I hope they will have fewer direct nods to the original films, and Empire in particular. I expect that there will still be plenty, though.

Okay, now your comment makes sense. I like a lot about Star Wars, but yeah lets face it - Lucas is a "History Revisionist" when it comes to his own writing. He changes things to suit his current whims, trying to "revise" what he already wrote, and having rewatched all 6 previous movies, there's just some really bad inconsistencies that they try to cover up with a lot of double talk.

These stories happened a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. They've been told verbally for many, many generations. There were going to be some inconsistencies.

I'm most interested to see who Rey's parents are. They have to be someone fairly important to focus to much of her flashbacks and story on her waiting for them to come back. I think Luke is possible but wouldn't that go against being a Jedi while he's training a new generation? But if they go with Luke or Han and Leia, either way she'd be related to Kylo in some way. I guess Luke would make sense since Max Von Sydow's character was watching over her like Ben Kenobi did for Luke and also knows where to find Luke being the one who has the map to begin with. Perhaps he was Luke's wife's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back