1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone that has bought the second batch from HK, specifically Toys Wonderland, I have just received an email for shipping quotes.

They had an opportunity to fix the cape and make it accurate and they didn?t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don?t have that border running down the cape.

0dd19f0a6b2eb798e18732f53a2e2f7c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which was apparently just a "lucky guess" and he didn't actually know.
Yeah, pretty sure I read that they gave him fake lines after the first movie to avoid spoilers and because Jones was doing the voice anyway.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

What was their falling off about?

I think him using the "other n word" in referencing JEJ in an interview in 1980 also may have played a role in it. He would sometimes make references to a "black/dark voice" when asked about the dubbing which mustn't have gone over well at LFL even in that era.

At 5:45:

He was rehired for ROTJ obviously but something quite drastic seems to have happened between LFL/Lucas and Prowse between ESB and ROTJ. Prowse was quite bitter about them frequently using other people in the suit during the filming of ROTJ when he was available to do it, even in major scenes such as Luke surrendering to Vader on Endor.

Which was apparently just a "lucky guess" and he didn't actually know.

Yeah I don't quite buy that an off-the-top-of-his-head guess Prowse made in 1978 (seemingly in a single appearance) about Luke/Vader would have been the basis, or even the start, of the LFL/Prowse rift.

It would be one thing if he was told the secret in confidence and then shared it publicly, but that was not the case - he was never in on the secret at any point.

Nice - got my tracking notice on the 8th from TBA - although the tracking still shows it being prepared for "shipping by the sender" :confused:

Back