1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could just be variations from production because the figure is identical to the original. Right down to how its sewn to material.

It could possibly be that, since I can't compare directly. But going through my old photos I can immediately tell that the MMS452 is just sloppier looking. The cod piece, inner robes, cape, shoulder armor & dome all seem different to me, as well tighter execution all around. I loved the first HT ANH Vader & wasn't thrilled with the MMS452 so I sold him off hoping they would fix the tusk issue. Ironically the tusks weren't fixed, but I like this Vader much better still due to the nuances.

Definitely get this Vader. Best stock Vader on the market. I really love the cycling lights on the chest box. Its so simple but really brings it to life.

If you get the ROTJ later then you can display one with the helmet and one without. Pose one with Luke, one with Boba and Lando. ROTJ will probably be a DX.

Plus the fact that it?s from ESB, right?:lol
My patience is wearing thin on not having a Vader in my collection. Probably gonna pull the trigger soon.

Yeah pretty much! I had the QS Vader and loved it but i never used the Shaw head sculpt nor did I plan to. So when this one came up for preorder, I sold my R1 Vader to buy him. Best decision ever! I just hated waiting about six months

Man it's hard to pass on this guy a 2nd time. I saw the original on Display when I was in Disney World 2 years ago. Looked much nicer in person and didn't notice it's flaws as much.

I have and love the 1st HT ANH version (w/complete set of v2 gloves and more accurate boots :)). ANH will always be my favorite version of Vader. I prefer him dirty and grungy over shiny. I also have the old v1 SS ESB/ROTJ Deluxe to hold me over. Plus I also don't care for the big diorama bases. I wouldn't use it anyway and would just put him on either the parted out Vader RO stand I have or the ANH v2 (w/Tarkin 2pk) stand I picked up.

Even after all that justification to myself, it's still hard to pass on this... :lol

But I must stay firm and hold off for a ROTJ version. Only need 1 of the 2 (ESB &ROTJ) as they are exactly the same minus the lightsaber hilt. And the ROTJ will most likely have an Anakin head and removeable helmet display option like the 1/4 scale (which I have but still boxed up as I have no where with enough space to display him).

I got the MMS452 when I visited San Fran in Oct 2018 from this awesome toy shop there. Having been a Vader nut and messing about with 3 ANH Hot Toys Vaders , a Rogue one Vader and the SS Deluxe and the subsequent reissue with upgrades , I was not initially happy with MMS452. The tusks issue , and felt they cheaped out somewhat Mine also had a black spot on the side of the neck on the chrome which i was told was normal - . I had sold the MMS452 due to hating it so much as it just didnt feel right . Recently I thought I had ordered the 40th , but to my dismay I didnt read the description and ended up with a MMS452 . But this time around , things were different . The tusks were more symmetrical and the black spot on the side of the neck was gone. I am actually fairly happy with it , but bummed Ididnt get the 40th , but looking at some photos its exactly the same . I am wondering perhaps that my new MMS452 is actually a second batch or third batch and the one I got back in San Fran was the first batch with issues .

I really wish hot toys could have added the satin lining along the bottom of the cape too (the satin lining also runs along the border of the bottom of the cape as seen here) . No one has picked this up yet ??
132818039_3716213235067484_8892658741220856528_o.jpg

Couldn't afford it right now so I put one on a four month payment plan with Toys Wonderland. Don't want to end up paying crazy eBay prices once it's sold out.

Part of me wants to pick up this Vader. Seems to be more chatter about it lately, even though it’s a re-release. Torn on if I really want it though or if I should just wait for the ROTJ version (whenever that will actually be previewed and made available to pre-order).

Trying to decide if I should pick up this Vader, or pay the aftermarket prices for my favorite, the Rogue One Vader. The difference for me is the Helmet sculpts. Everything else on the Empire Vader I like.

I got it a couple of days ago and now I want to ask - is it really possible to put Vader without a stand? I cannot put his boots on a flat surface, the legs seem to be of different lengths. Is this the fault of the suit or is there another reason?

I got it a couple of days ago and now I want to ask - is it really possible to put Vader without a stand? I cannot put his boots on a flat surface, the legs seem to be of different lengths. Is this the fault of the suit or is there another reason?

Boot probably not pushed properly onto the peg inside.

Guys how do you change the hands? it's a completely nightmare... i think the pleather suffers a lot with every change.

Guys how do you change the hands? it's a completely nightmare... i think the pleather suffers a lot with every change.

I change them out by using needle nose pliers to put the peg into the hand first, then just place the hand onto the arm. Easier that way for me.

Agreed the hands are a Nightmare to get them on. I just have mine as secured as much as possible. Not in properly I can feel that.

Any tips on working with this god awful dome?

I wish there was a more accurate sculpt of this helmet.

Back