1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars "Cultists" :lol

Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 08.02.41.jpg

Got my 'shipping soon' email from sideshow today :) maybe get it in time for xmas :)

Think around 2 weeks from start to finish.
Very happy with my first but almost certainly last Vader.

Think around 2 weeks from start to finish.
Very happy with my first but almost certainly last Vader.

Thanks for that. Mine has been stuck at HK airport waiting to ship for the last 5 days so not confident it will get here now before my office closes for the holiday break.

I think him using the "other n word" in referencing JEJ in an interview in 1980 also may have played a role in it. He would sometimes make references to a "black/dark voice" when asked about the dubbing which mustn't have gone over well at LFL even in that era.

It was a perfectly acceptable word to use in the past. I can't pinpoint the exact date when it became any kind of taboo to say it, but it was only in 2016 when a law was passed to remove "negro" and "oriental" from any federal government documents. Obviously the word was acceptable in 1944 when the United Negro College Fund was established. And the word isn't quite unacceptable enough yet for that organization to change their name. The appropriateness of words is a highly local and cultural phenomenon. So the word may have had a different connotation at different times in Britain than it did in America. There is nothing that Prowse said in that interview that was remotely inappropriate or offensive or that would've raised any eyebrows back then.

Should have mine in the next day or two as well. After sitting at HK airport for 8 days it has made it to Australia and to my work's local Post Office within 3 days. So glad to not have it stuck in the system during the holiday closure period.

Parts are up on toyanxiety.com if anybody's on the lookout. I just scored a complete set of gloves. :yess:

I was going to buy just the body and saber arm and switch the body out on my side show, but I don?t think it?s going to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching reviews & hearing them say there isn't much difference between this one & the last ESB Vader it left me unenthusiastic, but then I opened the figure up. Shall I say this is a brand new figure & deserving of the new MMS #. The helmet & dome are a major improvement, it doesn't fall off as often as the MMS452 did. The tusks are still wrong, but on this ESB Vader I can over look them as its so much better even out of the box. The inner robes are more accurate & the cape is better. The body even seems different in my opinion, sold my HT ESB to fund this guy so can't do a direct comparison. It all seems upgraded to me, so if you're in a position where you can upgrade or acquire, I would recommend to. 48C7027B-1EEF-4E4E-AE03-F1436C42E762_1_201_a.jpeg

I’ve been wanting a Vader back in my collection (used to have ANH).
Still torn between this or waiting for ROTJ.

Back