1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Darth Vader 40th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived in HK.

3b848def99ece2d2abaed05f42003e9a.jpg

OK cool. A bit unexpected. But I guess when it's ready it's ready.

I can hear the Gamora pre-orderers now !!

Missed out the first time around. Tempted to get this, but also tempted to wait for ROTJ.

Im getting this. I dont care for a ROTJ version as I would never use the headsculpt anyway.

What are people's thoughts on picking this up vs waiting it out on a possible ROTJ figure? I only need one vader in my collection and I'm on the fence!

What are people's thoughts on picking this up vs waiting it out on a possible ROTJ figure? I only need one vader in my collection and I'm on the fence!

It will basically be the same figure except the ROTJ version will most likely have an alternate head sculpt with Anakin's head and removeable helmet, his lightsaber hilt should be different, and of course a different display base. Just check out the 1/4 scale HT version. It'll probably be the same figure but in 1/6th scale. And of course always the possibility of some improvements on a newer figure. I'd say he'll be seen in the next year or 2 in time for the 40th Anniversary of ROTJ.

If your not interested in a fully removeable helmet and an Anakin head, then probably no sense in waiting. But one never knows what else HT may come up with that makes it a better choice. And of course, could always get this then sell it later if you want the newer ROTJ version.

I’ve got my Vader from ANH. I was only planning on getting the ROTJ and passing on this one. Now that it’s being offered again though we’ll see. Didn’t the first version of this see discounts after a while?

I?ve got my Vader from ANH. I was only planning on getting the ROTJ and passing on this one. Now that it?s being offered again though we?ll see. Didn?t the first version of this see discounts after a while?

I think I got mine free shipping from sideshow almost exactly a year ago then it sold out literally days after.

HT ESB Vader, even with his inaccuracies, still remains one of the best Vader figures out there out of the box. The base is also great and adds up to the figure.

HT ESB Vader, even with his inaccuracies, still remains one of the best Vader figures out there out of the box. The base is also great and adds up to the figure.

Inaccuracies? Please explain before I hit the buy button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So does anyone, who usually orders from Toy Wonderland, know if it typically takes the 30-90 days to receive their figure from 2nd batch orders?

My Solo Maul shipped yesterday from them in 2nd batch, been about a month since HK release I think?

Is this one that's likely to be selling for 400+ once its all sold out? I was hoping to avoid buying this side of new year but then I look how much the Hoth Leia is selling for on the secondary market and worry about missing out.

ESB is easily my favourite of the trilogy. Just looking for a single version of each of the main characters from that movie. Waiting on Hot Toys to make Bespin Luke and Han.

Back