1/6 Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - 1/6th scale Boba Fett (Vintage Color Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
95f8d75d81fabe0450f691094246a126.jpg

17dba3e2895d95077c4959fcf9c52352.jpg

I shall call him Mini-Me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if/when Sideshow has an estimated release date in more of these? Their “waitlist” is still open.

thanks!

Does anybody know if/when Sideshow has an estimated release date in more of these? Their “waitlist” is still open.

thanks!
There's absolutely zero guarantee of it happening. Waitlist is just a gamble, you'll need to wait until someone cancels/returns theirs or they find more stock, and even the you may not get picked.

There's absolutely zero guarantee of it happening. Waitlist is just a gamble, you'll need to wait until someone cancels/returns theirs or they find more stock, and even the you may not get picked.
Thanks! I know waitlist is just a gamble, but I wasn’t terribly clear on how it worked or if there was more stock coming or something. I thought was strange the waitlist is still open after all this time. I thought this sold out months ago.

Thanks! I know waitlist is just a gamble, but I wasn’t terribly clear on how it worked or if there was more stock coming or something. I thought was strange the waitlist is still open after all this time. I thought this sold out months ago.
I could be wrong, but I think when things go to waitlist while still under preorder, there's a good chance to be able to purchase. It's almost like they use the waitlist feature on preorders to entice FOMO buyers to pull the trigger.
When the figure is already released and it goes to waitlist, you're pretty much out of luck

My favorite Boba that has released so far. Followed closely by the 40th Anniversary ESB and Animated versions. I'd kill for the Animated Boba but not for $700 😂

Attachments

• 20210818_193913.jpg
    20210818_193913.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 65
I bought this a while ago, along with an extra girth belt to dye and an E-11. I was finally going to start on him, thinking i had everything lined up to get as reasonably close to the toy as possible.
But darn it, the left gauntlet on the figure is the super trooper/PP1 variation. The SS "super trooper/"prototype armor" is the only 1/6 version I could find, so I need to fabricate a PP1 'thrower. Anyone else attempt to tackle this aspect or have a good solution?
The appeal of this figure to me was to replicate the kenner version, as it is iconic, but a distinctly different look from that of the films. The PP1 'thrower is another small detail that I really want to include.

..... And so, this is a great reason why Holiday Special Fett needs a re-issue right? Right.

Im not paying that either, trust.
I think the holifay fett is hard to find because most people disliked the design and preorders were low. I'd be cool with it being re-released though but we really need mala, itchy, and lumpy.

I honestly have no idea why the popularity of the cartoon Fett skyrocketed outside of the fact that it's sold out. Nobody cared about it when it was released and was available in stock at Sideshow for a while.

I honestly have no idea why the popularity of the cartoon Fett skyrocketed outside of the fact that it's sold out. Nobody cared about it when it was released and was available in stock at Sideshow for a while.

Like you said, part of it is because it's sold out. Sometimes an item isn't desirable to some folks till they can't have it anymore.

There's probably also not that many out there. It did stick around Sideshow for a bit, but I can't imagine they made that many of these.

Plus the figure came out about a year and a half before The Mandalorian. Boba Fett products are always popular but I'm sure the desire for anything even remotely Mandalorian adjacent probably factored in for some collectors and speculators alike when the show came out.

The pandemic also made collectible prices really screwy as well. Prices have been crazy for the last few years. Demand for collectibles in general has been through the roof.

Will say I do still love mine. Colors are really stunning on display amongst all the black, white, and browns of typical Star Wars figures.

Last edited:
Thank you for the help. I've had everything prepared to do this for over a year and just couldn't source it.
Haha, you finished figure looks so good it makes me giggle. Beautiful work on it.

Thank you for the help. I've had everything prepared to do this for over a year and just couldn't source it.
Haha, you finished figure looks so good it makes me giggle. Beautiful work on it.
Thanks. I’m going to add a modded rangefinder and then I think I’ll be done.

Back