Star Wars: The Bad Batch Disney + Animated Show

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expect at least 5 seasons out of this. Pretty clear they know how to monetize this animation and people still want clones.
Hopefully it means Hot Toys will at least finish the team, then give us Commando’s and those McQuarrie troopers.

I’m down for seeing more of the early days of the Empire.

No idea why this exists but it does.

Love CW, Rebels and BB. Love the world they have built if you are into these shows!! I prefer the animated shows over the 2 seasons of Mando.

I think to answer your question you need to take another look at the top right hand corner of the post.

It is stylised art, they are not trying to be photo realistic with these shows. The white characters are few and far between but they also have the same hard edges to them and coincidentally all work for the empire (the actual bad guys in the bad batch). To anyone who has seen the movies it is pretty obvious that all the clones are Jango ... anyone offended by it will be the same type of person who is always looking to be offended by anything.

The bad batch all have slight differences about them physically to make them stand-out and be more memorable, nothing to do with race but everything to do with familiar stereotypes. The smart one has a slightly washed out sickly complexion because it suggest that he spends a lot of time in doors reading books / playing with computers rather than being outside ... he even wears glasses. He is objective / factual about everything and takes for granted that other people will be able to work out the same complex things he can so doesn't bother explaining them. The big one is strong with a heart of gold but a bit slower in the brains department, he is also physically scarred on his face with burn marks because he likes explosives and is a bit reckless. He is built with a lot of muscle, he would look out of proportion with a tiny skinny pin head. The tracker / hunter character looks just like Rambo, because he is meant to make your brain visually connect him to the qualities of Rambo without them needing to spend screen time explaining it to you.

The one character who has the most 'white' character traits to him is Crosshair, the sniper / assassin who is also one of the main antagonists in the show (so not surprising really). He is cold, calculating, speaks in a monotone without emotion and never questions his orders even when they are morally suspect / bankrupt. Physically he also has a whiter / sallow complexion, suggesting he keeps his helmet on a lot because he is effectively a faceless soldier. He has a leaner frame and speaks with a sneer which to me evokes a sense of a lower class English rogue / unsavoury character (unlike the officers of the Empire who are more akin to English gentry). He is built like a stereotypical villain and not heroic in the slightest.

This was all done to make the clones appear more individual but also to shortcut your brain into instantly figuring out what type of person each character based solely upon their physical appearance and voice in the show.

I haven't been following TCW or TBB too closely. Is there any substance in this?

Hey I’m part Indigenous Australian and my race wasn't mentioned in her victims list!
In answer to your question, this list is complete garbage. Give it a watch. IMO TBB is solid, not great, but the last two episodes have been pretty damn good.

Last edited:
I think to answer your question you need to take another look at the top right hand corner of the post.

It is stylised art, they are not trying to be photo realistic with these shows. The white characters are few and far between but they also have the same hard edges to them and coincidentally all work for the empire (the actual bad guys in the bad batch). To anyone who has seen the movies it is pretty obvious that all the clones are Jango ... anyone offended by it will be the same type of person who is always looking to be offended by anything.

The bad batch all have slight differences about them physically to make them stand-out and be more memorable, nothing to do with race but everything to do with familiar stereotypes. The smart one has a slightly washed out sickly complexion because it suggest that he spends a lot of time in doors reading books / playing with computers rather than being outside ... he even wears glasses. He is objective / factual about everything and takes for granted that other people will be able to work out the same complex things he can so doesn't bother explaining them. The big one is strong with a heart of gold but a bit slower in the brains department, he is also physically scarred on his face with burn marks because he likes explosives and is a bit reckless. He is built with a lot of muscle, he would look out of proportion with a tiny skinny pin head. The tracker / hunter character looks just like Rambo, because he is meant to make your brain visually connect him to the qualities of Rambo without them needing to spend screen time explaining it to you.

The one character who has the most 'white' character traits to him is Crosshair, the sniper / assassin who is also one of the main antagonists in the show (so not surprising really). He is cold, calculating, speaks in a monotone without emotion and never questions his orders even when they are morally suspect / bankrupt. Physically he also has a whiter / sallow complexion, suggesting he keeps his helmet on a lot because he is effectively a faceless soldier. He has a leaner frame and speaks with a sneer which to me evokes a sense of a lower class English rogue / unsavoury character (unlike the officers of the Empire who are more akin to English gentry). He is built like a stereotypical villain and not heroic in the slightest.

This was all done to make the clones appear more individual but also to shortcut your brain into instantly figuring out what type of person each character based solely upon their physical appearance and voice in the show.

Makes sense, thanks for the detailed reply!

If felt like a chore getting through episode 14 and I was hoping this newest one would be better, but now I just feel confused as to the whole trajectory of the show.

What are you confused about exactly?
Spoiler Spoiler:

It was so bizarre how cross killed his TK squad JUST TO SAY he supports the Empire it made no sense to me lol

But one can argue that he was so unstable that his unpredictable behavior was part of his messed up evolution so at the end it made sense to me that he killed his own squad yet still supported the Empire.

I think I don’t know help me out here lol

It was so bizarre how cross killed his TK squad JUST TO SAY he supports the Empire it made no sense to me lol

But one can argue that he was so unstable that his unpredictable behavior was part of his messed up evolution so at the end it made sense to me that he killed his own squad yet still supported the Empire.
They've always tried to paint him as a cold and calculating antagonist. I guess you could argue that he doesn't care about the lives of non-clones.... but then you could ask why he would be fighting for an Empire that is fully deploying non-clones....

I think I don’t know help me out here lol
He wants his brothers back, those troopers were about to execute them. He killed them because they didn't follow his order to stand down. Literally the only people he cares about are his brothers, not random recruits, not regular clones.

You're forgetting he already killed one for not following orders earlier in the season.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I don't think he particularly believes in the Empire, he just wants a purpose and somewhere to belong. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and his brothers. He could have gotten his chip out after the burn situation, we don't know when he got it out or how much time has passed and that makes it more interesting imo. It would make sense if he got his chip out after the burn incident.

He wants his brothers back, those troopers were about to execute them. He killed them because they didn't follow his order to stand down. Literally the only people he cares about are his brothers, not random recruits, not regular clones.

You're forgetting he already killed one for not following orders earlier in the season.

I don't think he particularly believes in the Empire, he just wants a purpose and somewhere to belong. He doesn't care about anyone but himself and his brothers. He could have gotten his chip out after the burn situation, we don't know when he got it out or how much time has passed and that makes it more interesting imo. It would make sense if he got his chip out after the burn incident.
Fair enough makes sense but now he is dead so there is that lol

Fair enough makes sense but now he is dead so there is that lol
Yeah I don't see him surviving this season, guy is a war criminal now, they usually die in Star Wars right after being redeemed.

If I had to guess Delta Squad will be the main antagonists for Season 2.

I enjoyed the final episode a lot personally, the animation and music were both amazing. Those shots of Kamino burning on the water then sinking were stunning.

People seemed to expect the final episode to be action packed, but the finale itself already was because it was a two part finale. I liked that it focused more on the characters than the action for a change.

I agree, I've been feeling stingy about most of the season but I did enjoy pretty much all of the finale, it reminded me of one of my favorite Mando episodes where he's just stuck on that ice planet. Not a big "set piece", but they make it work. Curious to see how they do season 2, but
Spoiler Spoiler:
Either way, I hope they find their footing next season and make it better than this one.

I agree, I've been feeling stingy about most of the season but I did enjoy pretty much all of the finale, it reminded me of one of my favorite Mando episodes where he's just stuck on that ice planet. Not a big "set piece", but they make it work. Curious to see how they do season 2, but
Spoiler Spoiler:
Either way, I hope they find their footing next season and make it better than this one.
Hopefully means some Commando figures from HT. They have the armour, they have the rifle, all they need is the helmet.

Back