Star Wars: The Acolyte

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Imagine how much better ROTS would have been with Driver as Anakin.

I don't think he could have saved AOTC, and certainly no impact on TPM, so he wouldn't really save the PT... but he would have made the climax of it all just so much better that much of the animosity for the earlier films may have subsided much quicker. Like you say with TROS sort of "fixing" (for lack of a better word) the mess of the ST films before it.

:lol true..

What is Anakin then?? I mean he sliced and diced little kids and had the troopers shoot the rest.

I am not a bitter OT fan (god that argument) .. I am a SW fan and I can call it like I see it.. I can see that "I was going into Tashy station to pick up some power converters" as poorly delivered and see issues with the awful acting all through ROTJ...

I can also see that Hayden was not very good in the role of Anakin.. I just call it like I see it. Dont know what else to say.. you dont have to agree.

ST has soooo many issues.. Adam Driver and his character is not one of them for me.. What are you hoping I will say??

Hayden has a lot of time on his hands.... Adam is busy making movies :lol ;)

Plus Kylo would be out of place in Obi Wan's show. ;) :lol

Of course Anakin is more important to the story of SW. He should always be seen that way.. but for many, myself included they failed at brining that character to the screen in a solid way. He didn't for you? Great.. But his acting is bad and thats just a fact.. And that took me out of the movie.. It did not do the same for you.

Again there seems to be this issue with people liking the parts of the ST but not loving ROTS with you... I am not trying to change you mind.

I do tire of being told that its my old age that does not allow me to like the PT.. I was 28 years old when it came out.. young enough to enjoy a good dumb film..

And I said this before. I liked all three PT films with first viewing... But repeat viewings are not kind to the films for me.

Yep The ST had some bad writing.. Just like the PT.. I like parts of both.

Describe him however you want.

his character moved me more then Anakin because I can at least believe all that from Adam..

I can't believe most of Hayden's lines.

Just me.. Sorry.

Lol I can?t believe anything from that bad writing and dialogue.

Traitorrrrrrr!!!!! But fine if you believe that lol. I can?t excuse his horrible execution. You can say Hayden is bad at acting and driver is doing more but I?m sure if Disney waved a check at him he?d come back they just don?t want him back cause he sucked in the role . He?s more recognizable with the mask . It?s gonna be endless if I keep going . But if that moved you I don?t know what to tell you. I guess Garfield the movie is touching to you to lol

Imagine how much better ROTS would have been with Driver as Anakin.

I don't think he could have saved AOTC, and certainly no impact on TPM, so he wouldn't really save the PT... but he would have made the climax of it all just so much better that much of the animosity for the earlier films may have subsided much quicker. Like you say with TROS sort of "fixing" (for lack of a better word) the mess of the ST films before it.

I honestly believe with better direction OT fans would except Hayden more but alas

I don't know man, I grew up with the PT, initially watched AOTC when I was 8 or something, I'm 32 now. But the more I mature, certain elements from the PT are becoming indigestible to me, specifically TPM, and some cringe moments in AOTC. So from certain perspectives, I could say I understand why OT purists hated those movies. But I do still looking forwards to Hot Toys figures, as a reminiscent way to 'member my childhood.

[...]But I do still looking forwards to Hot Toys figures, as a reminiscent way to 'member my childhood.

Understandable. As a kid I was in for The Transformers cartoon back in the day, I outgrew it completely as it ended just before I started high school and girl-chasing, and unlike Star Wars I never gave it another thought in any incarnation.

Yet on my shelf is a single ThreeZero Bumblebee as a nod to times very much long gone (albeit it's a modern incarnation of the character, not the image from my childhood).

Star Wars is a weird thing; just enough story and spectacle to keep me engaged as an adult, but had it not been burned into my psyche at an early age, not sure I'd care. As it is I'm a bigger fan than casuals like my girlfriend who barely have the continuity straight in their heads, but maybe not as big a fan as some of my fellow forum denizens. I really do wonder when it will die out -- I posted a thread along those lines a while back.

I don't know man, I grew up with the PT, initially watched AOTC when I was 8 or something, I'm 32 now. But the more I mature, certain elements from the PT are becoming indigestible to me, specifically TPM, and some cringe moments in AOTC. So from certain perspectives, I could say I understand why OT purists hated those movies. But I do still looking forwards to Hot Toys figures, as a reminiscent way to 'member my childhood.

O yea I understand. Tpm and aotc are bad films with good things sprinkled throughout. Rots is the only film I truly love even tho I know it?s bad but it?s amazing still

Lol I can?t believe anything from that bad writing and dialogue.

Traitorrrrrrr!!!!! But fine if you believe that lol. I can?t excuse his horrible execution. You can say Hayden is bad at acting and driver is doing more but I?m sure if Disney waved a check at him he?d come back they just don?t want him back cause he sucked in the role . He?s more recognizable with the mask . It?s gonna be endless if I keep going . But if that moved you I don?t know what to tell you.

Sucked in the role?? He was the one thing that usually got praised.

Oh well like you said we could go on forever.

rad my previous comments if you want to know why it moved me.

I guess Garfield the movie is touching to you to lol

Funny.. Garfield and PT are about the same quality cinematically ;)

I honestly believe with better direction OT fans would except Hayden more but alas

Think that is what I have been saying all along... I don't know if it was his fault.

He looked the part.. But the lack of good writing and good direction just left him in a no win situation.

As Wor Gar said even Portman was bad in the films and she is a good actress.

I look forward to seeing what can be done with him in the hands of some more accomplished talent.

He is also older now and perhaps has matured as an actor. I don't know what he has done recently.. Last film I remember him in was a DTV movie with Nick Cage.

But I think he will nail the role much better then he did in the PT. Better writers and directors almost guarantees it.

O yea I understand. Tpm and aotc are bad films with good things sprinkled throughout. Rots is the only film I truly love even tho I know it?s bad but it?s amazing still

I still think TPM is the best of the bunch. :) :) :)

I love Palps in that film. Maul is awesome. Qui Gon is great. It has IMO the best action of the PT. More real sets help a lot also. It does drag a bit. Nostalgia I am sure plays a big role for me also.

AOTC is the only one that I can find nothing to like. I am not a Jango Fett fan and did not find Obi Wan's mission interesting.

If HC was better in ROTS and the Emperor was not hoping around and chewing up scenery at every turn I think I could like it at least as much as TPM.

You don't enjoy any of Geonosis? Those portions I still am able to enjoy even to this day.

Oh wait.. I do like the monsters in the Gladiator ring..

I love the look and sound design of them. Love when the Cat thing easts the Geonosian.

I hate the Jedi rescue because all them look like they never touched a light saber before.. And I don't like General Yoda stuff :lol

Think that is what I have been saying all along... I don't know if it was his fault.

He looked the part.. But the lack of good writing and good direction just left him in a no win situation.

I look forward to seeing what can be done with him in the hands of some more accomplished talent.

He is also older now and perhaps has matured as an actor. I don't know what he has done recently.. Last film I remember him in was a DTV movie with Nick Cage.

But I think he will nail the role much better then he did in the PT. Better writers and directors almost guarantees it.

Mmmm idk. Garfield has terrible writing and ST movies has terrible writing so they go hand and hand

Hayden was not the reason the PT failed for most.

He was mostly an innocent bystander. By that I mean he did nothing to enhance the films as Ewan did, so in that way he?s like Portman who was clearly sleepwalking through her SW time.

But you cannot expect an actor to carry a badly written film. A great actor can add nuance to a role that may not be the greatest , which is what Driver did , but if you hate the story even a great actor will not save it for you. I liked the story of Kylo, and Driver did a great job, the problem once again lies in the fact that we really STILL do not understand what Kylo was out through. In my own reasoning I view it as he was basically mentally ill, hearing voices in his head telling him he was unloved and not understood....and his potential was beyond anyone could understand.

Except of course his new friend Snoke , ala the Emperor seducing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better direction and better writing. My issue with Hayden's portrayal had nothing to do with my being an OT fan. And while I don't think his acting was very good, I blame Lucas more than HC. He had to come in at AOTC and make it believable that Padme would fall in love with the little kid she basically baby sat for in TPM. And he had to do it using GL's laughably bad dialogue. He was basically set up to fail. Now if he was in TPM as a teenager only a couple of years younger than Padme, that would have been infinitely more believable. Plus as he would have been closer to Obi-Wan's age as well there would have been more opportunity to show us the supposed "great friendship" that was lost. It also would have made the "he's too old to start the training" BS easier to swallow.

Better direction and better writing. My issue with Hayden's portrayal had nothing to do with my being an OT fan. And while I don't think his acting was very good, I blame Lucas more than HC. He had to come in at AOTC and make it believable that Padme would fall in love with the little kid she basically baby sat for in TPM. And he had to do it using GL's laughably bad dialogue. He was basically set up to fail. Now if he was in TPM as a teenager only a couple of years younger than Padme, that would have been infinitely more believable. Plus as he would have been closer to Obi-Wan's age as well there would have been more opportunity to show us the supposed "great friendship" that was lost. It also would have made the "he's too old to start the training" BS easier to swallow.

Yep.. I agree.. Lucas fudge most of it up.

Hayden looked the part and has been better in other roles.

Its why I look forward to seeing him in the Obi Wan show under different talent. I really believe 100% he will be infinitely better.

Still does not help what Lucas did to the character in the PT though :(

Thank God for TCW.

This EXACTLY. I said as much many times.

But GL wanted a relatable hero for the PT. He wanted a kid, to make other kids want to buy the toys.

Has we begun the saga with Anakin age 17 things would have been much better.

When I met him you father was already a great pilot. This again was set up to fail. A great pilot at 9??? Literally laughable , especially considering he was a slave. The entire idea he was racing pods was laughable.

They shot themselves in the foot from the start with the romance , plausibility and acting by starting Anakin out so young and having Padme in it at all for TPM. The should not have shown up till AOTC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back