Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say that while Jedi is the order, I would say that any light side force user can basically be considered a Jedi. I guess a bit like someone who reads the bible, celebrates christmas, follws christian principles etc can be considered a christian by practice despite not being a church member.

What is a Jedi?

cartoon.jpg

That arena scene always bothered the hell out of me, even back then when I was actually more forgiving. "Let's all hang out in the Kill Box so they can slaughter us easily!"

Why didn't the Jedi have shields? That's the one thing my little nephew said when he saw AOTC with me once.

Because it appears when Jedi die from blaster fire, that what happens is they just get overwhelmed by the number of shots taken against them. It's not that they can't handle one or two enemies with blasters, it's just when there are a dozen firing at once at them.

I can see not wanting to use blasters, because that's part of the canon from ANH, but why not some shields. Also spears and arrows. And maybe some actual body armor.

Why didn't the Jedi have shields? That's the one thing my little nephew said when he saw AOTC with me once.

Because it appears when Jedi die from blaster fire, that what happens is they just get overwhelmed by the number of shots taken against them. It's not that they can't handle one or two enemies with blasters, it's just when there are a dozen firing at once at them.

I can see not wanting to use blasters, because that's part of the canon from ANH, but why not some shields. Also spears and arrows. And maybe some actual body armor.
I had just pictured them attacking like Space Ninja, using the cover of the building, sewing confusion and coming from within and behind instead of standing out in the open and getting gunned down like Space Morons by an overwhelming amount of blasters.

I think that when most of us pre-prequel trilogy heard Jedi Knight we imagined something like actual knights, laser swords, armour, shields etc. Instead we got monks wearing Tatooine desert dweller robes for some reason.

I think that when most of us pre-prequel trilogy heard Jedi Knight we imagined something like actual knights, laser swords, armour, shields etc. Instead we got monks wearing Tatooine desert dweller robes for some reason.
I had pictured something more along the lines of Luke's outfits in ESB and ROTJ.

One of the many, many retcons over the years.

As a kid when I got my Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit) figure, I imagined all the Jedi dressed like him in sleek, form-fitting, black outfits.

No, turns out it was easier to just make them all wear Tattooine moisture farmers' clothes.

Uncle Owen was a Jedi all along. At least he dressed like one.

Around the time of Ep 1 they tried to explain it as "Jedi wear the robes of the common man in order to blend in" or something dumb like that.

When they said "clone wars" in the 1970s I certainly didn't think it was literally thousands of clones fighting in a war.

Really, why? I did. I mean, at the time, the stormtroopers were supposed to be clones, and on the Death Star there were thousands... so yeah, I imagined "The Clone Wars" had thousands of clone soldiers... It was the War that allowed the Empire to take control. The War where Vader fell into that volcano. And the War that led to Obi-Wan having to go into hiding.

Back