Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Star Wars fandom is not the same as you chaps.

Same.

I'm actually not sure where to put it. I'll always check out Star Wars, I have an embarrassing amount of knowledge about the property :lol ... but it generally demands I almost completely switch off my brain and the prospect of wading through all of the upcoming content makes me wonder if I'll need a break. My time is finite and there are other, better-crafted narratives to enjoy that actually have interesting ideas.

Star Wars is fun as hell but it's not exactly thought-provoking or even particularly moving. I'm not one of those guys who watches it and cries. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Y'all are sensitive and ****, I get it.

Spider-Man is also pretty mindless so I'm not sure where it ranks against Star Wars. Depends on the media I guess.

Well good Spiderman is better than bad Star Wars in my book, I would say that much. I'm just not that much of a Star Wars loyalist.

I'm just not that much of a Star Wars loyalist.

5d4f69c9-3bc4-457f-933b-00dece9e3407_screenshot.jpg

Hah, yeah. There was a time it would have been such a weird thought that people like Carl Weathers or Michael Biehn would be in Star Wars.

So anyways.. About the Spider-man trilogy comparison to the PT..

I see what Jye is saying there. It would have been awesome if they built the relationship with Anakin, Obi Wan and Padme as good as SM trilogy did with their core three.

If GL pulled that off I would have been able to look past every other issue. Even the goofy acting. With a solid relationship created it would have made ROTS epic. Making Anakin a child also made it difficult to fully get invested with his character because you also ended up changing actors... So it there was that issue also.

But it is what it is.

Lmao.... the disrespect to the previous post. Lmao I?m dying

How I know ROTS is still relevant. Even the so called haters can?t stop talking about it more than there beloved ST. Good or bad it made a impact

Lol now the OT elitists are saying there is no relationship between the 3 main characters in ROTS. It is there in spades but you are just too blind to see it.

Lol now the OT elitists are saying there is no relationship between the 3 main characters in ROTS. It is there in spades but you are just too blind to see it.

You had Poe and Rey literally meeting each other for the first time at the end of TLJ, which is 2/3 of the way through the trilogy. In the next movie they are all best of friends. Must have been there in spades off screen.

You had Poe and Rey literally meeting each other for the first time at the end of TLJ, which is 2/3 of the way through the trilogy. In the next movie they are all best of friends. Must have been there in spades off screen.

Dude I said ROTS as in Revenge of the Sith. No Poe or Rey in there...

There is literally no relationship in the ST at all. I cannot for the life of me fathom how anyone can diss ROTS and turn around and say the ST had depth and relationships between characters.

Rey and kylo was cringy as all hell. Absolutely twilight level crap.

Rey and finn was absolutely dumb. They barely know each other

Poe abd Rey. What relationship? They barely speak to each other .

It?s just mind boggling watching the same 5 ST fans complain about ROTS while the glaring issues of the ST are just as big if not bigger. And there excuse is well muh OT characters are in so it gets a pass. Derp!

It?s hilarious that they don?t realize that they keep bringing up the PT and comparing it cause they know deep down the PT is better so they are sooooooooooo desperately trying to convince themselves that ST is good and PT is bad and bring up all these points when the ST did it just as bad and sometimes even worse .

There is literally no relationship in the ST at all. I cannot for the life of me fathom how anyone can diss ROTS and turn around and say the ST had depth and relationships between characters.

Rey and kylo was cringy as all hell. Absolutely twilight level crap.

Rey and finn was absolutely dumb. They barely know each other

Poe abd Rey. What relationship? They barely speak to each other .

It?s just mind boggling watching the same 5 ST fans complain about ROTS while the glaring issues of the ST are just as big if not bigger. And there excuse is well muh OT characters are in so it gets a pass. Derp!

It?s hilarious that they don?t realize that they keep bringing up the PT and comparing it cause they know deep down the PT is better so they are sooooooooooo desperately trying to convince themselves that ST is good and PT is bad and bring up all these points when the ST did it just as bad and sometimes even worse .

Hey brought up the SM character connection... I happen to agree.. we are saying that if the PT could have just made us care about the three main characters like SM we would probably like the films a lot... No mention of ST because the some of the characters worked for us. I will take Han, Luke, Kyle, Rey, and even Poe and Finn over Anakin and Padme... Obi wan is the best of the bunch but he has nothing to play against.

This is the OT / PT / ST thread so you can?t complain about bringing up the faults of the PT like you loved to do in TROS thread... Why not tell us how we are wrong and that the PT really had great characters and relationship building. Good luck :)

Why not tell us how we are wrong and that the PT really had great characters and relationship building. Good luck :)

That little "good luck" comment at the end tells so much. It tells that you're just playing a game of bash the PT and you won't listen to any argument that tries to support it. It's a game the usual suspects play no matter what thread they are in.

I saw the PT through rose-colored glasses because I was just glad to have a backstory for the OT.

Others see the ST through rose-colored glasses because they're just glad to see Luke, Leia and Han again.

It all goes back to the OT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back