Star Wars Rebels Coming Fall 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh... I didn't like CW, so I only watched episodes here and there.

If you watch all of the Maul episodes from TCW and this finale. It is one of the best story arcs of any character in the entire SW-Universe. Honestly. Every progression in his story feel natural and other than him returning initially, nothing feels contrived.

It's already problematic that Ahsoka is supposed to exist during EPISODE III. It would be downright foolish if she's still alive during the time of the OT.

This is the problem with contrived characters like that. Forcing them into existing continuity after the fact does not work.

She has to die. But Filloni and this show apparently don't have the balls to do it. Shame.

It's more problematic that EU not only got rebooted with Clone Wars (Ex:Republic Comics, Republic Commando Books, etc) but OT EU was too. I mean when ya watch Episode III the whole Ahsoka padawan thing seems pretty uncertain. I mean TCW was only 3 years... In between that is Anakin's knighthood, clones getting Phase II armor and such. Filling in more information or redoing it completely can ruin continuity, like at least before ROTS came up, Dark Horse team, Karen Traviss, even Tartakovsky compared notes to prelude the fall of the Republic and rise of the Empire. Tbh I had a problem with Dave's Clone Wars, too much freedom I say, droids that act dumb and not violent killing machines. I mean for me I wanted Terminator programming with Battle Droids and Clones in later time fighting with Jedi now finding they more than soldiers with numbers.

As for Rebels the stormtroopers became new dumb droids. Comedic humor that REALLY in reality if the whole empire is shown like that, then the Empire would have fell LONG ago. For me, to many uplifting tones... Not enough as Kenobi said, DARK TIMES... Like with Geonosis genocide. They forgot that ploy, tbh I think Rebels suffers from not showing it! Lucas based Empire off Nazis... SHOW SOME DAMN DARK NAZI EMPIRE ****...

Just watched it I thought it was a great frickin episode. I loved how they treated Mail he was a beast and I don't generally like the style of animation in this show as much as I liked clone wars but maul looked so awesome once he dropped the helpless act. The way he stared down at the fight below him after sending ezra to the top was as badass as he's looked since the hangar doors first opened on him.

But Ashoka is definitely not dead...no way in hell she dies like that. That was a literal shot of her exiting the temple imo. I think they both survived the blast but got sent away from each other.

I wonder who this third inquisitor was. This is the first revels episode I watched in several weeks but seemed like they were trying to hide that characters face and why let him live but kill the others off?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

@Raveneye and IrishJedi - I consider The Clone Wars to be an alternate telling of the period of Anakin and Obi-Wan as Jedi, replacing the PT. It is superior in it's story-telling and acting. If it only featured Anakin's fall to the Dark Side there would be no need for eps. 1-3.

@Raveneye and IrishJedi - I consider The Clone Wars to be an alternate telling of the period of Anakin and Obi-Wan as Jedi, replacing the PT. It is superior in it's story-telling and acting. If it only featured Anakin's fall to the Dark Side there would be no need for eps. 1-3.

That... is actually a very good point...

Just watched it I thought it was a great frickin episode. I loved how they treated Mail he was a beast and I don't generally like the style of animation in this show as much as I liked clone wars but maul looked so awesome once he dropped the helpless act. The way he stared down at the fight below him after sending ezra to the top was as badass as he's looked since the hangar doors first opened on him.

But Ashoka is definitely not dead...no way in hell she dies like that. That was a literal shot of her exiting the temple imo. I think they both survived the blast but got sent away from each other.

I wonder who this third inquisitor was. This is the first revels episode I watched in several weeks but seemed like they were trying to hide that characters face and why let him live but kill the others off?

I'm pretty certain't that third inquisitor is a puddle at the base of the temple.

I really wish they would show these around the world at the same time, we're a few days behind you guys and it's difficult to avoid spoilers. I don't understand why they do this as it must encourage piracy if anything?

Anyway, that was a great episode, the best of Rebels by far and the extra length really helped with the pacing, I'd like to see an hours show every week tbh. Nice to see a few key characters and they were pretty respectful to them all. I loved the inquisitor in the first series but haven't been feeling the latest bunch so wasn't sad to see them go. Maul is a much better addition to the show, he has plenty of story arks to add. I don't even mind the cop out ending, I'm more than happy to have Ashoka around still and it is a kids show ultimately, we shouldn't expect emotionally devastating Oscar worthy material ;)

One thing I didn't like at all however... Saber helicopters? When the heck did that become a thing?

I'm pretty certain't that third inquisitor is a puddle at the base of the temple.
I don't know....they did seem to imply that but if I don't actually see a death happen on screen to a force user in my mind they are still alive. Maul fell from a similar height and we all knew he'd survive the blast.

I don't know....they did seem to imply that but if I don't actually see a death happen on screen to a force user in my mind they are still alive. Maul fell from a similar height and we all knew he'd survive the blast.

Hmm.....I suppose that's true. Plus didn't ezra and kanan jump from a great height and use force push to stop from splitting.......

Given the type of saber design the Inquisiters used it wasn't that far fetched for the Star Wars universe.
Its not like anyone with a Light saber could do it.

I kinda question how it would even work though. A helicopters rotors work by spinning in the air and forcing air downwards. But instead of displacing air, the lightsaber would just burn through it. Hell, even if it Didn't, the blades aren't shaped to properly push air down...

Given the type of saber design the Inquisiters used it wasn't that far fetched for the Star Wars universe.
Its not like anyone with a Light saber could do it.

Physics are universal, I can't imagine thin cylinders of light creating lift in any universe. I do appreciate of course that it is primarily a kids tv show, but it was just a bit too silly.

Its Star Wars. There are a hundred things in it that don't fit "Universal Physics" just go with it. :)

Its Star Wars. There are a hundred things in it that don't fit "Universal Physics" just go with it. :)
CjOil.gif

so after the finale.. the rumors about...
Spoiler Spoiler:

so after the finale.. the rumors about...
Spoiler Spoiler:

I doubt the animated series creators are collaborating with the live action runners in any meaningful way.

Back