Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig the artwork for the individual sets:

51vciceyk1lsl500aa300.jpg
51tqmok3aslsl500aa300.jpg

Yeah, those are quite nice!

I might pick up the prequel set, to be quite honest.

Not a patch on the 1978 Noriyoshi Ohrai work or the sublime Berkey stuff. The new slip case and its photoshopped paint effects looks wretched in comparison. George should have begged Struzan to come out of retirement.:lecture

4713172051_6abd669090_o.jpg

That's a cool painting, but frankly quite a bit weird... The Stormtrooper helmet in the middle of the group, the TIE Fighter "pattern". I like it, but not for a DVD or Bluray set... Not the cover anyway. It'd be a cool insert though.

Last edited:
About the extras: They should finally give Jambe Davdar the respect he deserves. Outstanding stuff, his work is a view way more inside than they would ever allow. Those three documentaries are on top of all behind-the-scenes!

They should just say: He's done better than us!

That's a cool painting, but frankly quite a bit weird... The Stormtrooper helmet in the middle of the group, the TIE Fighter "pattern". I like it, but not for a DVD or Bluray set... Not the cover anyway. It'd be a cool insert though.

Yeah, it wouldn't work as a cover, I was talking about the style being better than insert stuff we've got now,( the faux splatter paint laid on photoshopped Darth and Vader etc.) For the cover, as previously discussed, just a simple logo would have been fine with me, when we pre-ordered, that's what I assumed we were gonna get, not a watercolor of Jake LLoyd and Luke's back.

Also tragic about the lack of substantial documentaries and the inclusion of the chuckle disc.
With that said, the deleted scenes and 1080p is worth the entry price alone.

About the extras: They should finally give Jambe Davdar the respect he deserves. Outstanding stuff, his work is a view way more inside than they would ever allow. Those three documentaries are on top of all behind-the-scenes!

They should just say: He's done better than us!
Agreed. Loved that black and white footage in the cantina with all the cockney accents, that guy did a great job

I was always a fan of this packaging:

14_bg.jpg

41f%2BCmh8czL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

05-starwars.jpg

Hasn't been bested yet, imho.

Agreed. Those were the best.

I am disappointed in the cover art as well as special features. I am actually surprised at the lack of effort put into this set as it has the potential to be such a huge event. Oh well, what really matters is that I will finally have HD versions of my favorite movies...legally. I just hope the video transfer is good. I will be livid if there is edge enhancement or artifacting.

With that said, the deleted scenes and 1080p is worth the entry price alone.

Isn't that going to be a kick in the pants when the deleted scenes turn out to be all the deleted scenes from the prequels plus Luke Builds His Lightsaber??

No Tatooine Sandstorm
No Luke at Anchorhead
No Alternate Cantina Intro
No 3PO rips off Wampa Warning Sign

That's what we all want, and that's what we're all expecting, but they haven't even acknowledged that's what will be on there. And at this point, I'm preparing to be disappointed.

Not a patch on the 1978 Noriyoshi Ohrai work or the sublime Berkey stuff. The new slip case and its photoshopped paint effects looks wretched in comparison. George should have begged Struzan to come out of retirement.:lecture

4713172051_6abd669090_o.jpg

Sooooo agreed. :exactly: Nobody uses physical paintbrushes anymore. I remember looking through the Art of Star Wars book as a kid and marveling at all the different poster art paintings for various countries around the world. Now... quick and dirty photoshop. I miss the painterly style.

It's as simple as that:
Luke Builds His Lightsaber
Tatooine Sandstorm
Luke at Anchorhead
Alternate Cantina Intro
3PO rips off Wampa Warning Sign
TheGent buys the Bluerays

Kickass deal at DVDPlanet...

Complete Saga Blu-Ray Pre-Order @ $65.04! (around $69 shipped)

Yes, they're legit.

Yes, they're reliable.

No, this price won't last very long at all; It's in response to Deep Discount's bi-annual 25% off sale and DD has already reverted from $65 back to $89. It's only a matter of time until DVDPlanet follows suit.

According to german Fan-Site Starwars-Union https://www.starwars-union.de/nachrichten/11761/Ueber_anderthalb_Stunden_geschnittene_Szenen_auf_den_Blu-rays/ and the website of the FSK (they decide, at which age you should watch movies and stuff here in Germany) https://www.fsk.de/index.asp?SeitID=491&TID=70&txtFilmtitel=star+wars we can expect up to 46 min extended scenes from Episode 4 to 6 and another 46 min from Episode 1 to 3. And 96 min of Spoof - sounds good to me!

Up to 46 minutes for the PT doesn't seem like a lot, considering they were already released with deleted/extended scenes that altogether probably totaled to somewhere near that amount, anyway. I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't see the extended AOTC Senate scene and the extended Separatist slaughter from ROTS. Hearing this makes me already begin preparing for them not to be included.

Kickass deal at DVDPlanet...

Complete Saga Blu-Ray Pre-Order @ $65.04! (around $69 shipped)

Yes, they're legit.

Yes, they're reliable.

No, this price won't last very long at all; It's in response to Deep Discount's bi-annual 25% off sale and DD has already reverted from $65 back to $89. It's only a matter of time until DVDPlanet follows suit.

Didn't see anything on their site but do they charge for pre-orders right away or when they are ready to ship?

They don't charge until they ship. :)

I suppose it's possible that a pre-auth might show up but that would likely drop off after a short time. Having said that, it's worth noting that I ordered mine over an hour ago and there's no indication of it on my card, so if I had to guess, I'd say there won't be any holds or pre-authorization going on.

Awesome, ordered a copy there. I am going to wait to cancel my Amazon order just in case something happens to this DVDPlanet order.

I just placed my order. Thanks for the link... Now I just need to make sure I actually have the money by September. :panic:

Back