Star Wars Live Action and Clone Wars TV shows

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (SPOILERS)

my only gripe... why does Bossk sound exactly like a clone? there must have been a janitor or someone else they could have used...

yeah, when Aurra called Bossk, I thought she was talking to an undercover clone or something

Felt like there was about 5 minutes missing from the ending?? And WTF happened to Slave 1?? Aurra!? They didn't show squat! And shouldn't Plo Koon have arrested Hando for trying to kill Anakin five weeks ago!? :eek:

my only gripe... why does Bossk sound exactly like a clone? there must have been a janitor or someone else they could have used...

I thought the same. Couldn't have they found someone ELSE!?

Bossk should have spoken the same language from ESB. Just hisses and grunts. There really was no need to speak "english"

Bossk should have spoken the same language from ESB. Just hisses and grunts. There really was no need to speak "english"

This is why I dislike the CW, for things like that. (not hate, just dislike!)

Ziro the Hutt from the movie was originally gonna speak Huttese into a translator and have it come out in English, but they cut the translator idea because they "were worried the younger audiences wouldn't understand what the translator was." True story.

It's all about the kids these days :monkey2

The whole Boba arch was kind of a let down. Some aspects were good, but the 3 episodes felt fairly "meh" overall.

Still a great series though and I'm looking forward to Season 3 :rock

I thought the whole thing was pretty good but I expected Mace to say something a little more profound to Boba at the end.

I was left thinking,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Kind of a let down in that regard.

I thought the whole thing was pretty good but I expected Mace to say something a little more profound to Boba at the end.

I was left thinking,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Kind of a let down in that regard.

yeah... i agree. the writing, much like the prequels, has a very 'first draft" vibe.

Have to agree as well... the final scene was very anti-climactic. And in general Mace was kind of annoying in the series; constantly bagging on R2 seemed out of character.

Best part of the episodes was R2 falling down the stairs and then getting in a fight with the other astromech droid. Hilarious.

I like what they are doing with Boba. I'm interested in seeing how he gets out of jail. I just hope he doesn't become a reoccuring character too often.

the final episode was ok , more to like than to dislike
still i kinda wanted something diferent for the season finale , more like the season 1 ending where you introduce a new caracter or plot point

thinking about it cad bane only apeared in the first 3 episodes of the season , what´s up with that ???
rise of the bounty hunters my ***

I found it weird that Anakin called Windu "Mace" not Master Windu, yet Windu referred to Anakin as Skywalker.

I'm somewhat disapointed with season 2. More Meh episodes then good ones . Alot of plotholes in the final 2 episodes that have aready been metioned .

t sure If I'll buy season 2 ........ who am I kidding I probably will because there are a few good episodes , I just hope thery tighten things up with season 3.

yeah, after giving a few days to let sink in that season 2 is over. It definitely had good episodes and when they were good, they were great, but I'll remember most of the season as filler episodes.

yeah... i agree. the writing, much like the prequels, has a very 'first draft" vibe.

So true

Spoiler Spoiler:

So true

Spoiler Spoiler:

But look at Ep 1, Mace always came off as arrogant and lazy. That, coupled with his R2 badgering, and I'm GLAD Sideous flung him out the window! :lol

Finally caught up on these. Overall, I found Season 2 slightly disappointing.
There were some standout episodes, but mainly it just feels like a bunch of tire spinning.
Nothing much of any consequence really ever happens. There's been basically zero overall character arc development.
I know these episodes aren't suppose to be in chronological order (can you spell 'lazy'?),
but are any of the characters different in ANY way from the beginning of the series? It's pointless really...

If Season 1 had a ratio of 3 good episodes to 1 poor one,
I submit that Season 2's ratio was closer to 2:1. Wrong direction.

What this series does well.....action & battles.

But more and more this cartoon is just starting to feel like all the other kiddie-crap out there.
At least it's not gonna be taking up valuable space on my DVR...

Specifically, regarding the whole Boba trilogy....Just didn't see the point, really.
What new insight did we learn about this character?
Not much rather than at this stage in his life he's not a cold-blooded killer yet.
And Jango's helmet & Slave 1 blowing up? What's that about?
Just another rubber chicken-slap to any previous established EU, I guess...

Maybe it's just me, but I'm starting to find the voice acting lazy and annoying too. Is there any sort of budget on this?
Man, Lucasfilm really skimps and does this part of the show on the super cheap.
Bossk speaking 'Basic' and sounding like another New Zealander?! Really?! Fail.
And whoever is doing the 'Obi-Wan' voice just blows.
He reads all his lines with about the same emotion, voice inflictions and word emphasis as the Movie Phone Guy.
Or how about...sounds like a bad impersonation of Ewan w/ a stick up his a__.
Seriously, if you pay close attention to it next time, he'll start getting on your nerves too.

Here's hoping something actually interesting happens next season...

From High-Def Digest:
'Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Two' Announced for Blu-ray

original.pjpeg

The second season of the hit Cartoon Network animated series is headed to high-definition this fall.

Warner Brothers (and LucasFilm) will be bringing all 22 episodes of 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Complete Season Two' to Blu-ray on October 26.

Specs haven't been confirmed yet, but the release will likely mirror Season One as a three disc set with 1080p video and Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtracks.

Supplements will include: Attack of the Zillo Beast; Magic of the Holocron; Return To Geonosis; Creating Mandalore; Audio commentaries; and a 64-page Production Journal with concept designs, original sketches and notes from Supervising Director Dave Filoni.

Exclusive to the Blu-ray is The Jedi Temple Archives - an extensive database exploring test footage, early concept art, 3-D character and object turnarounds and early animation.

Suggested list price for the Blu-ray is $59.99.

Back