Star Wars: Episode IX - THE RISE OF SKYWALKER

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean Rey and Jyn doing the Requiem for a Dream thrust! :thud:

Someone must have told them about Rey’s little maneuver at the Battle of Taanab! :horror
I think khev likes the ST because rey reminds him of the big forehead girl he had a crush on in highschool who he never asked to the prom. Sadly he regrets this but he sees her in rey so in a way keeping the ST alive is his second chance to ask his crush to the prom

I think khev likes the ST because rey reminds him of the big forehead girl he had a crush on in highschool who he never asked to the prom. Sadly he regrets this but he sees her in rey so in a way keeping the ST alive is his second chance to ask his crush to the prom

giphy.gif

Gotta bone up on my Lucas lore. Didn't realise Marcia was on board for the whole OT.

BTW she slammed George too so Disney/J.J. are in good company.

And Marcia might know what "good movie" is but only George knows what "Star Wars" is.

He made the PT exactly how he wanted, for himself and his kids, and has never apologised for it. And for that he has my respect.

Last edited:
So, now the ST defenders are trying to make Marcia Lucas' comments meaningless by discrediting her opinion. :lol

I'm pretty sure if it was the opposite, and it came out she was praising the ST, Kennedy & JJ (instead of bashing them), the same defenders would be all over that **** using the exact same examples as to why the ST is great ( cause Marcia Lucas loved it!). :slap

The endless debate of the ST....

So, now the ST defenders are trying to make Marcia Lucas' comments meaningless by discrediting her opinion. :lol

I'm pretty sure if it was the opposite, and it came out she was praising the ST, Kennedy & JJ (instead of bashing them), the same defenders would be all over that **** using the exact same examples as to why the ST is great ( cause Marcia Lucas loved it!). :slap
Nope. Only the ST haters need to state the opinions of others in vain attempts to somehow validate their own personal opinions as being "correct." Most of you have absolutely zero confidence in the weight of your own opinions which is why you're are always so ecstatic whenever someone prominent steps out and speaks for you.

But if I can reject the opinions of GEORGE LUCAS regarding the merit of the original theatrical OT (which he hates) do you think I'm gonna give two ***** what Marcia thinks? Please. :lol

Grow a pair and let your opinions stand on their own two feet without pretending that they're anything but subjective. Then I'll respect them. :duff

Last edited:
He made the PT exactly how he wanted, for himself and his kids, and has never apologised for it. And for that he has my respect.
Agreed, especially with regard to TPM. That was pure unbridled, non-damage control Lucas. AOTC and ROTS were obviously him as well but he was clearly throwing in elements (a Fett, minimal Jar Jar, etc.) to cater to critics. But TPM was his pure uncompromised vision and for that alone it's a fascinating watch.

I form my opinions based on what I like and think social media really took that away from most people. No free thought anymore and everyone is afraid to stand for what they believe. You and Jye love the sequel triilogy but admit it has faults like anything else and I respect that. I don't really care for the sequel trilogy for the most part so it's not canon to me and it doesn't change my love for Star Wars, Empire, Rogue One and Mandalorian. I ignore what I don't care for and watch what I like. I like the discussions though when they are thought out and show a mature differing viewpoint which society has lost. If you look at society as a whole its the sith dealing in absolutes. There is no middle ground at all.

Gotta bone up on my Lucas lore. Didn't realise Marcia was on board for the whole OT.

BTW she slammed George too so Disney/J.J. are in good company.

And Marcia might know what "good movie" is but only George knows what "Star Wars" is.

I wonder what his kids thought of it? Maybe he had to apologize to them. :lol

I form my opinions based on what I like and think social media really took that away from most people. No free thought anymore and everyone is afraid to stand for what they believe. You and Jye love the sequel triilogy but admit it has faults like anything else and I respect that. I don't really care for the sequel trilogy for the most part so it's not canon to me and it doesn't change my love for Star Wars, Empire, Rogue One and Mandalorian. I ignore what I don't care for and watch what I like. I like the discussions though when they are thought out and show a mature differing viewpoint which society has lost. If you look at society as a whole its the sith dealing in absolutes. There is no middle ground at all.
So perfectly said my friend. We all used to be able to say "hey these are the movies I like, these I love, these I hate, these are my guilty pleasures, mixed bags, etc." while interacting with people who respectfully agree or disagree. But the current culture perfectly illustrated in the last few pages requires that it be all about who is "discredited" or angry or miserable. "Oh you're just mad because..." Why would I be miserable about the ST, I'm one of the few who actually enjoys them. :lol

The PT pissed me off in so many ways but I'll never fault anyone for liking or loving them or turning a blind eye to their faults and I'll often even make efforts myself to focus on their positive aspects. Not so with the current culture that is desperate for validation and the need to get more "likes" than the person whose opinion you disagree with.

I know that you, a-dev, and many others have super valid reasons for disliking the ST and rejecting them from canon and I totally respect your opinions. Same with Prime Clone and ajp both of whom I believe only like one or two ST films. I don't need any of you to conform or somehow be wrong in order to be secure in my own preferences especially when there's so many other films that we *do* agree on.

So perfectly said my friend. We all used to be able to say "hey these are the movies I like, these I love, these I hate, these are my guilty pleasures, mixed bags, etc." while interacting with people who respectfully agree or disagree. But the current culture perfectly illustrated in the last few pages requires that it be all about who is "discredited" or angry or miserable. "Oh you're just mad because..." Why would I be miserable about the ST, I'm one of the few who actually enjoys them. :lol

The PT pissed me off in so many ways but I'll never fault anyone for liking or loving them or turning a blind eye to their faults and I'll often even make efforts myself to focus on their positive aspects. Not so with the current culture that is desperate for validation and the need to get more "likes" than the person whose opinion you disagree with.

I know that you, a-dev, and many others have super valid reasons for disliking the ST and rejecting them from canon and I totally respect your opinions. Same with Prime Clone and ajp both of whom I believe only like one or two ST films. I don't need any of you to conform or somehow be wrong in order to be secure in my own preferences especially when there's so many other films that we *do* agree on.
Holy poo, this thread is in danger of becoming civil and reasonable. I am assuming Ducky will re-emerge any moment now... :)

For what it's worth I agree that everyone has opinions and I'm 100% ok with it. I don't care that some folks love the ST, good for them. My opinion of the ST evolved from "They're ok" to distain based on the fact that they never put our three heroes together in an adventure situation when they could have do so AND introduced the new characters... But I digress...

Back