Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow this looks amazing! Both head sculpts are unreal. This will be my first Maul to add to the collection. Now if only they could announce an Artisan Qui-Gon to pair with this.

There will be the same justifications for this as there was for Luke Bespin and every Vader ... and y'all know most of you will be getting this new Maul.

For many, a few threads difference is all it takes. :lol

Definitely depends on what you're going for. I never cared for the screaming sculpt

Nor did I... mainly because it looked so bad. But this new "screaming" head looks really good...

Besides that, I could never decide if I wanted to pose Maul in desert gear robes or have him stripped for his Naboo duel -- NOW I can do both:

1.0 hooded Maul and a 2.0 Duel Maul

Thanks for pointing that out, didn't read their description on this. Thankfully don't care for the hooded robe look and the outfit on it's own isn't screaming major improvement to me when looking at it. Maul's outfit being such a non-fitted outfit helps blur the line between the 1.0 and this. Think I'm safe on just trying to grab the sculpt on its own.
I agree. There isn't enough difference for anyone who has the 1.0 to get more than just the sculpts.

The only problem that may arise for anyone trying to only get the sculpts will be if these heads are not magnetic. Then, you'll also need the new neck connector as well, which may result in needing to get the body if not sold separately. I know TA will only part out the body and neck together sometimes rather than separately like they did for the 1.0 Maul

Last edited:
I agree. There isn't enough difference for anyone who has the 1.0 to get more than just the sculpts. The only problem that may arise for anyone trying to only get the sculpts will be if these heads are not magnetic. Then, you'll also need the new body as well
If INART has taught me anything is that there isn't anything a little bluetac won't fix.

7b2.gif

Im so glad I sold my earlier Maul for top dollar. This new on will cause the old version to tank IMO. No offense to anyone.

You... will... crack...
:lol

It's usually a safe bet that I will crack but I'm very happy with the two versions that I picked up used last year (DX17 on speeder, DX16 loose) so in this case it's a firm pass. However I WILL grab a Palps on his throne if that's reissued as I wasn't collecting SW the first time around.

This does look excellent and an objective improvement on the last one, but I still think the original is great enough that I don't feel tempted to replace him. Which is lucky, because this May is already turning out expensive enough after Revan, Starkiller, and the new troopers.

Easy cop once the PO goes up on Sideshow. Even if I had the OG DX16, I would’ve still upgraded. I had been holding off on getting the DX16 on the off chance this might be announced this year and sure enough lol. However, I still don’t think this should’ve been made; I’d rather see other characters. Classic Hot Toys, but I digress..

I plan on having him displayed like he looks on Tatooine! Always been my preferred look for him.

1F08F919-7FAD-40CF-82F7-3C1B4EFE3376.jpeg636A0A81-B3A0-4D1E-A657-0804E3CD02B7.jpeg
73D57950-A85D-4D5B-ABAA-E398F56FF166.jpeg

Back