Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 100% fully agree and hope you are right BUT my “and/or” inclusive grammatical conjunction went completely over your Toht head! :gah:

Had it been Buffinator it would’ve not been missed….nor would’ve its existence even been believed in the first place :monkey2
I'm honestly not quite sure how to take this lol...

Wor-Gar knew how to take it lol
f6QLvrS.gif

Is there much hype for this show so far? It’s not holding my interest very well. I’m not a massive SW fan but I’ve really enjoyed Mando, Boba, and Kenobi. I found things here and there about those shows all that I consider a bit weak, but overall I had a fairly strong investment in the characters and story. Only two episodes in with Andor but I’m not having an experience like that at all with it.

Is there much hype for this show so far? It’s not holding my interest very well. I’m not a massive SW fan but I’ve really enjoyed Mando, Boba, and Kenobi. I found things here and there about those shows all that I consider a bit weak, but overall I had a fairly strong investment in the characters and story. Only two episodes in with Andor but I’m not having an experience like that at all with it.

Don't know how you gauge hype, but far as I can tell it's viewed as a different, mature, gritty, take on Star Wars generally praised so far. Early commenters pointed out not everyone was gonna like the treatment.

Grogu was a great gimmick. Perfect balance against steely, silent type to humanize him.

But I wouldn't say it affected Star Wars as a whole; it didn't reinvent the storytelling or its style or what we expect as an audience. I think RO did that more than any other Disney SW... and I think this show will ultimately do that too -- thanks to Gilroy.

Not attributed to Gilroy, but even the look of RO has redefined how Star Wars looks now. It was too late to affect the ST, but Solo, Mando, Book and OWK all had that dreary, muted, cluttered style that started with RO.

Can you imagine a Mando season with Gilroy at the helm? I hope the Repeat/Goof period is over. I hope this inspires more writers and creatives to see the potential in the Star Wars universe for interesting storytelling beyond repeating riffs, redefining old characters and selling toys.
But what Grogu did was introduce a ton of new people to Star Wars, people that previously didn’t have any interest saw the cute green baby and decided to watch it.

They jump in... and right out again.
I'm really liking this show. Seeing the Empire from a different perspective with the infighting already and seeing Mon Motha and her husband and their differing sides is interesting and much deeper than one has been done recently. I like seeing the actual sets and locations and the cast is great so far. Hope they can keep the tone they set up for the 2 seasons. Best part is that in Star Wars you can do so many different stories and I really hope we don't see a lightsaber battle in this. Time for more of the gritty serious Star Wars.

Watched episodes 1-4 over the last couple days. Good stuff. It's not mind-blowing, but it's headed in the right direction for sure. Doesn't feel a thing like Star Wars (which is fine, we're talking about a massive galaxy so there's plenty of room for different tones, architectural styles, stories, etc.) and it looks classier than anything Disney's done since Rogue One.

For me, it's all about the OT, RO, and now Andor.

Back