Star Wars: Andor (September 21st, 2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the uncomfortable rollercoaster ride that has been BOBF, I'm not too optimistic about any SW offerings at this point.
Just an extension of what Rogue One was. You know there will be obligatory cameos to bait people in. We've seen Lucasfilm's M.O. at this point.

Yeah, I'm not sure why people have a problem that we saw this guy die. The entire PT centered around characters where we knew their fates.

I don't care that we know his fate but I do care that his character was one of the weaker links of RO and honestly kinda sucked. His robot sidekick was infinitely more interesting and entertaining.

Seriously on a scale of 1 to 10 how convincing is the guy on the left as an undercover spy? I'd say he should wear one of those fake plastic mustaches but he already is. I'm not sure who is less convincing between Cassian or Jyn.

nYJ5DJoyXh72m4dvZUgmG0P0UmIBLo.jpg

I don't care for Diego... but the concept of the show I like.

I have given a chance on other more likeable actors and been disappointed, so there's no guarantee either way.

He isn't an OT legacy character so right off the bat they won't be actively trying to undermine him. The actor comes off as a sissy so I'm sure he will be whipping up on tough guys five at a time.

Generally, the obligatory "its so good we're already planning the sequel" usually telegraphs a desperate attempt at viewership, and convinces me that this is going to be another failure.
A month before TLJ released they announced that Rian would start a new trilogy.

https://www.starwars.com/news/rian-...last-jedi-to-create-all-new-star-wars-trilogy
"As writer-director of The Last Jedi, Johnson conceived and realized a powerful film of which Lucasfilm and Disney are immensely proud." :monkey1

Against my better judgment and even after book of boba fett, still hyped for this one.

Cassians whole background for Rogue One was him getting his hands dirty on behalf of the rebellion, so I hope this shows that side of his character.
I intend to commit espionage and assassinations… with respect.

I don't care for Diego... but the concept of the show I like.

I have given a chance on other more likeable actors and been disappointed, so there's no guarantee either way.
I'm looking forward to a pre-OT Boba Fett as a recurring character who's hired by the Empire to find & eliminate an elusive rebel spy........and keeps disintegrating the wrong guys by mistake. :lol

they-were-all-bad-arnold.gif

That's a FavRoni approach, trying to re-imagine Fett, don't think they have any say in this show.
He isn't an OT legacy character so right off the bat they won't be actively trying to undermine him.
What makes it interesting for me, is the legacy "character" that will be examined will likley be the Rebellion itself, and not to make them necessarily more friendly, but expose a bit of the darker elements of what it had to do to survive.
And how the un-celebrated like Andor come to carry the weight of those actions. While the others get the medals the kiss from the princess, and the fanfare.
The actor comes off as a sissy
Wow, ok^ Maybe you see him that way cause they played him to defer to Jyn? Left alone I find he can be a bit more intense...

His whole arc caries the weight of a darker past, and choices he's made, and has to live with.
- “There is more than one sort of prison, Captain, I sense that you carry yours wherever you go ..."

649zuz.gif

64a02i.gif

Which makes him (and his mostly unnamed troop and till now unseen side of the Rebellion) self described "Spies, Saboteurs, Assassin" following orders, the most human, who you see losing their own identity and humanity.

Which is what will likley be uncovered here) choices which he can't walk back from by the end of R1, where all he and his crew have left to justify themselves and the cause they've been fighting for since they were kids, is a knowing suicide mission, to give hope to it surviving beyond them.
Against my better judgment and even after book of boba fett, still hyped for this one.

Cassians whole background for Rogue One was him getting his hands dirty on behalf of the rebellion, so I hope this shows that side of his character.
This^
Also while FavRoni are unabashed SW U fanboys (and I do love what they do), I don't think Gilroy ever was, and likley isn't approaching it from the same place. Likley just wants to tell a good assassin-spy thriller first, that just happens to be set in the SW U.
I think this will have a different tone.

Last edited:
I dunno his opening scene in rogue one is shooting an injured informant in the back to preserve the mission so he better be damn disrespectful.
What makes it interesting for me, is the legacy "character" that will be examined will likley be the Rebellion itself, what it had to do to survive. And how the un-celebrated like Andor come to carry the weight of that.

Wow, ok^ Maybe cause they played him to defer to Jyn, left alone I find he can be a bit more intense...

This^
Also while FavRoni are unabashed SW U fanboys (and I do love what they do), I don't think Gilroy ever was, and likley isn't approaching it from the same place. Likley just wants to tell a good spy thriller first, that just happens to be set in the SW U.
I think this will have a different tone.

I wouldn't say they necessarily made him defer to Jyn. She was obviously the more main character of the two and he did let her slide on a few things (i.e. keeping the blaster etc), but for the most part he kinda treated her like baggage he had to tolerate until maybe the back half of the film.

One of my favorite scenes though is him telling her that he's been in the fight since he was 6 and essentially that she doesn't know anything about what the fight against the empire takes. He even shuts her down when she suggests that he's trying to talk is way around attempting to kill her father.

If it's true to the tone of Rogue One and maintains that spy thriller vibe we're golden.

At best we get Winter Soldier at worst it's still better than book of boba fett :lol

Back