Star Trek: Picard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Q no more as per last season?

You would think that given what is at stake and their lack of knowledge around the situation that they could’ve gained some insight by transporting Picard’s body over to the Titan for Crusher to examine before Seven decides to destroy the Shrike
Sorry when I mentioned Q, I meant it as in the past, before he passed last season.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Only just got around to watching episode 8 - pretty good although I too was confused as to why Raffi went in fighting with swords and why the baddies indulged her and didn't simply shoot her as they had anyone else.

I enjoyed Seven of Nine's delivery of her order to fire on the Shrike. Just sounded good.

And again it's about damn time they paid more service to Data and Geordi's friendship, which generally went missing in the movies. And then a lovely scene with the TNG crew all together again. It's probably fortunate that they're all still alive for that to happen.

My jury is out on the Jack thing. Hopefully they have something good otherwise I will find myself lamenting why major character's sons or daughters can never seem to be just ordinary people in this genre. They always seem to have to be a prodigal child.

I still don't know what the deal was with those henchmen of hers, and why they spoke in that weird alien language and never used their changeling abilities in battle. Hell I'm not even sure if they were changelings.

Only just got around to watching episode 8 - pretty good although I too was confused as to why Raffi went in fighting with swords and why the baddies indulged her and didn't simply shoot her as they had anyone else.
Yeah didn't like that either. Right when they were making me like her more after the mess she was in Season 2 they do that WTF scene. Two steps forward one step back.

I still don't know what the deal was with those henchmen of hers, and why they spoke in that weird alien language and never used their changeling abilities in battle. Hell I'm not even sure if they were changelings.
And I think budget was why they didn't have them fight like Changelings.

But now you have me thinking...if they were Changelings, bladed weapons wouldn't work on them. Maybe they weren't. Even if they were mutated Changelings, they are fluid, and their pretend organs are just that, pretend. If they get stabbed through the chest like that one did by Worf, they should of just morphed out of it.

Quite a good collection of references both past and present to support the Borg theory here. I’m not sure if they’ll go that route because of Season 2 but they have been foreshadowing a Borg element.

If Alice Krige reprises her role that would be a surprise.

Hopefully Lizzo makes an appearance.
BoldTartAldabratortoise-max-1mb.gif

I didn’t get this until now as I’ve been behind in Mandalorian… that’s Kurtzman quality writing right there.

This last episode....

I'm a bit disappointed by what Jack's mystery was, but it fits.

Spoiler Spoiler:

This last episode....

I'm a bit disappointed by what Jack's mystery was, but it fits.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

This episode was 😘 chef’s kiss!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Have to say - I enjoyed episodes 1 through 7 more than the last 2.

8 & 9 seemed a little anti-climactic . . . massive buildup but little payout really (although I did prefer the assembling on the bridge in E09 to the sit-down in E08).

A few great "funnies" - Data's "more positive" remark about "Hope we die quickly", Worf's "that wasn't my fault", and the "carpet" line amongst them :)

Still don't understand (yet) why Jack was so important . . . if they were able to infect all of Starfleet under 25 with what they got from Picard's organic body - why the need for Jack?

I'd been holding out hope that the real baddies were the Jem'Hadar, having finally turned the tables on the changelings - would have MUCH preferred that to the (yawn) Borg yet again.

Have to say - I enjoyed episodes 1 through 7 more than the last 2.

8 & 9 seemed a little anti-climactic . . . massive buildup but little payout really (although I did prefer the assembling on the bridge in E09 to the sit-down in E08).

Couple of great "funnies" - Data's "more positive" remark about "Hope we die quickly", and Worf's "that wasn't my fault" amongst them.

Still don't understand (yet) why Jack was so important . . . if they were able to infect all of Starfleet under 25 with what they got from Picard's organic body - why the need for Jack?

Hush you didn’t get Lizzo stop complaining.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back