Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the ones who had problems with the "spinning" see it in 3D? I know fast moving things can be bothersome in 3D.

Yea, I saw Imax 3D ...about half way through my Junior Mints were no longer appetizing...
and I was thinking...maybe I am done with the 3D thing.

Did the ones who had problems with the "spinning" see it in 3D? I know fast moving things can be bothersome in 3D.

3D did not help some of the action scenes, but I didn't mind it at all with the spinning shots. I actually like those since there's little to no cuts which helps the 3D. I even saw this in D-Box, which added a bit to the space scenes, but not as much as I was hoping. Jurassic World is still my fave D-Box experience (love the 'thumps' of the dino feet...)

Some quick cut fight scenes aside, I loved it. Pegg was hard to understand in some parts as well, but I'm sure most of that was just quick spoken, heavily accented jargon. I don't think I missed out on anything important.

Loved the movie. I had no problem with the spin in 3D. It was awesome to see homages made to the original crew and to the show enterprise.

I saw it in IMAX 3D and didn't feel any vertigo, but my father who watched this with me did feel a little dizzy from some of it.
6.8/10
THE UGLY
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

How boring. It's really Star Trek vs Star Trek personnel. Looking forward to Star Wars more than ever.

*EDIT: 6.5/10*

Last edited:
yeah totally cringed at the motorcycle scene. like how and why was there a bike on a starship in the first place.....:slap

Um, they explained it. Starship was what? almost 100 years old, and we've already established motorcycles in the first reboot film, when Kirk was 15 or so....

Unfortunately for me, had to leave the movie early. Certain images can trigger anxiety, and boy, that 'wonky gravity' fight was just too much for me and really uncomfortable. bummer but will finish it on Blu. Way way more fun than Into Darkness

yeah totally cringed at the motorcycle scene. like how and why was there a bike on a starship in the first place.....:slap

its called collecting antiques...Jim Kirk was sentimental about history...so was Picard,etc,etc

Are there any diehard Star Trek TNG fans on here?

If so i've been racking my brain to remember which episode had the Enterprise swoop thru an Earth cloud in a diving maneuver towards the ground, I believe over a farm, during a battle with another ship?

Was it in the final 2 episodes, "All Good Things" or am I thinking of the wrong Star Trek. Was it maybe one of TNG movies instead?

I just remember loving that scene and would love to revisit that if I could.

Nothing like that I'm afraid, but funnily enough I watched what I think you might be remembering only last night.... it sounds very like an early action scene in the TNG movie Insurrection. It was an Arial battle between two shuttlecraft which does involve a diving manoeuvre through clouds and over farmland while the two ships are locked together.....

Nothing like that I'm afraid, but funnily enough I watched what I think you might be remembering only last night.... it sounds very like an early action scene in the TNG movie Insurrection. It was an Arial battle between two shuttlecraft which does involve a diving manoeuvre through clouds and over farmland while the two ships are locked together.....

I doubt that's it. Doesn't seem that exciting to me. :lol

Are there any diehard Star Trek TNG fans on here?

If so i've been racking my brain to remember which episode had the Enterprise swoop thru an Earth cloud in a diving maneuver towards the ground, I believe over a farm, during a battle with another ship?

Was it in the final 2 episodes, "All Good Things" or am I thinking of the wrong Star Trek. Was it maybe one of TNG movies instead?

I just remember loving that scene and would love to revisit that if I could.

I just saw a commercial for Enterprise the other day and that had showed the Enterprise doing what you described.

I don't think TNG would have had as ambitious a shot as Jye is describing...or if they did it would look terrible now. In fact the only time I ever remember seeing the Enterprise D within the atmosphere of a planet was when it was crashing in Star Trek Generations.

I just watched what Ween posted, not it but damn does it come close to what I described. :lol

I doubt that's it. Doesn't seem that exciting to me. :lol

Thanks for posting, yeah pretty crappy stuff. :lol

I just saw a commercial for Enterprise the other day and that had showed the Enterprise doing what you described.

Maybe I had a vision of the future is what you're saying?

I don't think TNG would have had as ambitious a shot as Jye is describing...or if they did it would look terrible now. In fact the only time I ever remember seeing the Enterprise D within the atmosphere of a planet was when it was crashing in Star Trek Generations.

Now that scene I remember.

Oh well maybe i'm not remembering right, i've been hit in the head way too many times so maybe i'm just imagining a scene like that existed in Star Trek.

Back