Star Trek Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw it, not bad but not great.

Still not clear as to why the bad guy turned from human to Alien, I must have missed something.

He sucks the life out of aliens or humans. Whatever the alien is, that's what he becomes. He became human again when the Enterprise crew was taken and he took their life forces. He should've been dead long ago.

He sucks the life out of aliens or humans. Whatever the alien is, that's what he becomes. He became human again when the Enterprise crew was taken and he took their life forces. He should've been dead long ago.

Ok, I thought he was just collecting their life force to remain young, didn't realize it affected his actual appearance.

I don't think TNG would have had as ambitious a shot as Jye is describing...or if they did it would look terrible now. In fact the only time I ever remember seeing the Enterprise D within the atmosphere of a planet was when it was crashing in Star Trek Generations.

That was the most unlikely crash-landing in cinema history until ROTS and then TFA took the title.

Ok, I thought he was just collecting their life force to remain young, didn't realize it affected his actual appearance.

Did he have some sort of device that let him do that?

Huh? Did you two actually see the movie? He mentioned it and the device too. But they also figured it out when they watch again the video of the old crew.

Oh well, it's a movie. Mr. Green couldn't figured out how an old star ship just happen to be on a planet and the area that are close to them, of all the deep space. And like that sabotage song is the same as the first movie?

This movie was almost ruined by the lame baddie.

​I haven't watched TNG movies for a loooong time but I watched quite a few clips looking for that scene you wanted and boy, after watching those....give me these reboots anyday!

Huh? Did you two actually see the movie? He mentioned it and the device too. But they also figured it out when they watch again the video of the old crew.

Oh well, it's a movie. Mr. Green couldn't figured out how an old star ship just happen to be on a planet and the area that are close to them, of all the deep space. And like that sabotage song is the same as the first movie?

I probably missed him referencing it, I took my little girl and she had a lot of questions and comments during the movie, so I'm not surprised if I missed some key dialogue.

I did see the point when they watched the video of the old crew, I just didn't know stealing the life force from others altered his actual biology.

Saw it again this weekend. ...liked it even more the second time. I so despised "Into Darkness" and after that cynical nightmare, my expectations for this were really low. Hearing that Lin was directing and after seeing that awful first trailer didn't help. ..Add to that the impression that the studio didn't have the hype into overdrive for this (no merch, no tie - in comic or book)...it didn't bode well for this being anything other than a quick cash grab by the studio to cash in on Star Tree's 50th anniversary.

Glad to eat some crow here. Links proved to be an inspired choice...someone outside of the saga with a resume that didn't suggest it would be a good fit...similar to the Russian brothers coming in from TV comedy to end up directing a gripping, action - infused Marvel movie with Winter Soldier.

Lin delivered on the foundation of the first movie with this cast, with great chemistry between the characters, cool, fun to watch action that's punctuated with great visual design and we'll - rendered effects. Enjoyable new ccharacters, fun nods to the past.

Turning out to be one of the better movies this summer. ..

Saw it again this weekend. ...liked it even more the second time. I so despised "Into Darkness" and after that cynical nightmare, my expectations for this were really low. Hearing that Lin was directing and after seeing that awful first trailer didn't help. ..Add to that the impression that the studio didn't have the hype into overdrive for this (no merch, no tie - in comic or book)...it didn't bode well for this being anything other than a quick cash grab by the studio to cash in on Star Tree's 50th anniversary.

Glad to eat some crow here. Links proved to be an inspired choice...someone outside of the saga with a resume that didn't suggest it would be a good fit...similar to the Russian brothers coming in from TV comedy to end up directing a gripping, action - infused Marvel movie with Winter Soldier.

Lin delivered on the foundation of the first movie with this cast, with great chemistry between the characters, cool, fun to watch action that's punctuated with great visual design and we'll - rendered effects. Enjoyable new ccharacters, fun nods to the past.

Turning out to be one of the better movies this summer. ..

Have you watched Into the Darkness again? I found it better the second time around. I really like it now, as long as I blank out when he tells them he's Khan, the only part that I didn't like about it.

This isn't me, but it should be! :lol

"With Chris Pine's Captain Kirk uniform from Star Trek Beyond!!! In a glass case, which unfortunately prevented me from licking it."

I probably missed him referencing it, I took my little girl and she had a lot of questions and comments during the movie, so I'm not surprised if I missed some key dialogue.

I did see the point when they watched the video of the old crew, I just didn't know stealing the life force from others altered his actual biology.
I saw this with a friend. We both loved it but both commented about how we didn't like how he looked so human. Another guy who had seen it explained to us what I quoted. After his explanation it made perfect sense. Loved the movie but I don't think it's made it's money back has it? I would hate for it to flop and doom any future movies.

I saw this with a friend. We both loved it but both commented about how we didn't like how he looked so human. Another guy who had seen it explained to us what I quoted. After his explanation it made perfect sense. Loved the movie but I don't think it's made it's money back has it? I would hate for it to flop and doom any future movies.

​It's getting very close, but it hasn't gotten released in some major markets yet. Some won't get it till September. It hasn't been released in China yet and Into Darkness made 57 million there.

Have you watched Into the Darkness again? I found it better the second time around. I really like it now, as long as I blank out when he tells them he's Khan, the only part that I didn't like about it.

I tried...more than once. I just can't do it. Even impluse-bought the BluRay when it came out and have yet to watch it all the way through. Don't care for BC at all (way over-acts) and the whole story just seems like a giant whiteboard exercise in moving the parts of a better story (TWOK) around. Seems to be a familiar trope of Abrams...he did the same thing in assembling TFA, but he was more successful at it there.
I just don't like where Abrams took the characters in that one...there is no chemistry between the cast and the big "emotional" scene isn't earned...and even worse, it's just excused away in the next scene!

Just hate that movie...was glad that the events from that one were completely ignored for "Beyond". it played more like a sequel to the first movie, which was fine. Lin may repeat a lot of the Trek-cliches we've seen over the years (personal crisis, ship destruction, overwhelming enemy, etc) but not having worked this genre before gives him a leg up here...the cast is so on-the-mark, the visuals and the staging so striking, the pace so right...that it all works here. Makes one wonder what Lin could do with a truly original concept for "Trek".

After "Beyond"...I'd be ready to see that...

Back