Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like how it looks. This would be the look for Rambo I most want. That being said though seeing as they want full price upfront and that it’s from an unknown manufacturer.. I dunno. I think I’m waiting to see how the final product turns out.

$260 is not too terrible, but will the final product look like the prototype?
That's the thing. The consensus is that this Nick is a prick and you are going to give him money based on a proto? Third party figures have shown that the production never looks like the proto. Heck, Hot Toys is the best and they still fail at production sculpts every so often.

2105C212-CB76-430F-BE41-2166D880EB8F.jpeg

I think I'm going to pre order it. I'm not sold on the likeness, the outfit, agent Nick, the artists working on it, or even the way the figure looked in the video, but...I'd hate to miss out on a possible good figure of my favorite movie character.

I have to analyze this, because what if 3zero makes this version too, and it looks better, can I cancel my PO or is there a penalty?
That is your Stallone heart talking

I think I'm going to pre order it. I'm not sold on the likeness, the outfit, agent Nick, the artists working on it, or even the way the figure looked in the video, but...I'd hate to miss out on a possible good figure of my favorite movie character.

I have to analyze this, because what if 3zero makes this version too, and it looks better, can I cancel my PO or is there a penalty?
Yeah, you may want to verify that you've got a contingency plan. That's a lot of things to have doubts about.

The 1/3 Jungle Hunter from Prime 1 is a big gamble for me, but there's only one component I'm doubting (final paint) and I'm willing to lose my NRD to take a chance on it. Everything else ticks my boxes.

With this figure, it sounds like there's a lot you're not crazy about and you're paying the entire price upfront to get it.

I'm going to wait. I don't love it and I wanted to in spite of Nick. I see old Paul Stanley.
To be fair, old Paul Stanley does look like Stallone, though crossed with an Armenian-heritage woman and a twist of MJ.

The TZ fig has a Ben Stiller/Tropic Thunder likeness vibe to me (ironically, movie figs I would love to have btw - RDJ, Cruise, Jack Black and Stiller) whereas this fig does not. It's not spot-on, but it's pretty decent.

I also would much rather have this fatigues outfit vs the forest/survival outfit. The drifter on the road is what I most love about the character, and that foreboding of the first 1/4 of the movie. The forest battle outfit is more action-y and weapon oriented but is less distinctive to me. But yeah, TZ knife looks better.

I'm super cautious on this too given the bizarre build-up, but this feels like a PO.

Funny how lonely man David Banner Rambo is the most relatable and most wanted on a shelf to represent the character yet is the least action toyetic looking one of the series he is more somber and realistic.

Watched FB on a big screen about 5 years ago and it was glorious that movie is a freaking masterpiece.

It seems unlikely that TZ will do a version of this look, because their Rambo III was for sale in Nick's Sly Stallone Shop (very expensive btw), so there must be some kind of agreement between them and it would be strange if they repeated figures. In fact, Nick's Sly Stallone Shop has mentioned future figures of other characters, but not Rambo.

Maybe one of the problems is that expression as if an exhibitionist had just opened the trench coat in his face to show him the 'merchandise'. Don't know if that's the 'attitude' Sly is referring to in the new video genre that Nick has invented: the 'lets-do-this-fast-and-go-to-the-real-things' dull and distant semi-unboxing of pre-opened boxes.

From that photo it looks awful , this release has disappointment and fail written all over it . I watched the very brief unboxing video on a large screen TV and the headsculpt looks inferior to the official photos.

Now I've read others saying the same in this thread I know I'm not alone in my thinking.

Accessories look cheaply made and they are asking $260 ,Hot Toys money.

Plus the fact that Nicky wants all the money up front and if the final paint isn't good( going by the video it isn't) you can't cancel and just lose your deposit makes this a very risky purchase.

It won't sell out and if it does I'm sure money grabbing Nick will just bang out plenty more!

It's exclusive to Stallone shop to which makes it a no no for overseas customers who will get smashed with tax and customs fees .

My advice is to wait it out or this could end up as another Ash Williams and the people who paid in full upfront or didn't see final release photos before it shipped are left having to justify their purchase and kid themselves that it's great 😪

From that photo it looks awful , this release has disappointment and fail written all over it . I watched the very brief unboxing video on a large screen TV and the headsculpt looks inferior to the official photos.

Now I've read others saying the same in this thread I know I'm not alone in my thinking.

Accessories look cheaply made and they are asking $260 ,Hot Toys money.

Plus the fact that Nicky wants all the money up front and if the final paint isn't good( going by the video it isn't) you can't cancel and just lose your deposit makes this a very risky purchase.

It won't sell out and if it does I'm sure money grabbing Nick will just bang out plenty more!

It's exclusive to Stallone shop to which makes it a no no for overseas customers who will get smashed with tax and customs fees .

My advice is to wait it out or this could end up as another Ash Williams and the people who paid in full upfront or didn't see final release photos before it shipped are left having to justify their purchase and kid themselves that it's great 😪

I will wait.

OUCH, in this photo the headsculpt looks plasticky old school style, distant from the prototype:

View attachment 558832
Seems to be quite a few differences there, and not just due to futzing.

Fit of the jacket, overall weathering, red shirt and the collar looks to be quite different, Paint app...

Like others have said, I am more than happy with my Threezero Rambo but for a long time I have been wanting a good Rocky, particularly Rocky 4... I will keep a little bit of hope but its a bit less after this. :cry:

Back