Batman (1989) ? Life Size Batarang Replica by NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auel

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Toyark:

Coming soon is a new Batarang replica from NECA Toys. The Batarang is based on the prop used in Tim Burton?s Batman (1989). This prop replica made its debut last year, when NECA revealed a number of DC Comics, Game, and Movie prop replicas during Toy Fair 2020. Additional items revealed included a grapnel gun, and a line launcher from the film.

The Batarang is a life size replica, and measures about 7.25″ wide, and about 5.25″ tall. It?s constructed of plastic, and folds in three places, using magnets to snap into place. The Batarang will be available at Walmart first between this month and March, and then eventually will come to all retailers.

Price hasn?t been released at this time.

Pros

Great looking sculpt
Hinges are small and don?t hinder the look
Nice snap from the magnets when folding it

Cons

The display stand is a bit flimsy

Overall
The Batarang come in a simple windowless box. It sits in a plastic tray, and can easily be placed back in for storage. A display stand is included. No assembly is required, and the Batarang is ready for display as soon as it?s opened.

NECA did a nice job in recreating the look of the films Batarang. The construction is pretty solid feeling, and is fairly light weight. The edges, especially near the tips of the bat wings, is very thin and sharp. The small amount of sculpted details are sharp and clean. The wing tips have a silver metallic paint, while the rest of the Batarang is mainly an unpainted matte black. The small hinges are metal, and they blend in nicely. The Batarang folds in three spots, and there are magnets on the inside that help it snap into place when folding. A display stand is included, with the Batman logo molded into it. The tray is a very thin plastic, about the same quality as the plastic trays many of the figures are packed in. I would have preferred something more solid, but it gets the job done, and looks nice when on display.

This is a really nice looking collectible overall. It will fit in perfectly with any Michael Keaton Batman displays, as it doesn?t take up much space. Check out some select photos below, and the rest of the gallery after that.

NECA-Batarang-002.jpg

NECA-Batarang-003.jpg

NECA-Batarang-004.jpg

NECA-Batarang-009.jpg

Yeah that stand looks awful but I guess this isn't a top end collectible

Yup, not the best looking batarang. Might be accurate ...but not the best design.

Great looking piece. Will look awesome in any collection however there never hinges on the real prop so that’s a negative on accuracy. It’s a toy though so for functionality it works. I am surprised on price as well.

Exactly.

The only Batarang on the market that pops up like the real one is the Stacey props replica. Still maybe the most accurate in sculpt, cinematic and deployment.
But this Neca is cool as a display piece.
I think I’ll grab one to display it closed next to my Stacey.

tmthegame, that is incorrect. Keaton snaps the hinged batarang open in the first scene with the muggers, 06:16.

Actually you might want to look into that. The original screen used prop was put together by rubber cords. That’s how they got it to automatically snap open and connect together not to mention there would be hinges noticeable on both sides and you can clearly see in the picture there is none. Neca’s rang doesn’t snap back into position when you let go of it from being folded. You have to do it manually. It’s a nice piece for the price point but if you want accuracy definitely go with Stacey Props. Hands down best on the market. Constructed with accuracy.

Ok managed to grab one Neca Batarang.

Love the box with the vault on the packaging. The stand is not crazy but honestly, having a stand with a 15$ item is sweet.
The batarang itself is pretty cool.

Pity that the hinges are visible. The sculpt ( looks like a recast of the SD studios) is cool but not completely accurate. If you compare to a true replica it seems tiny, light, plasticy and too sharp.

BUT it is 10 times cheaper. So if you don?t want to spend 150? in a true replica, this Neca is really a great item for the price.

I think I gonna put my Stacey on the stand ( even if it doesn’t fit perfectly on) and put the Neca folded close to.

Hope the speargun will follow.

I lucked out and managed to find one for $5 at Walmart. I think an employee set it aside for themselves on a loading cart. I was thinking of using the stand as a mold for a solid stand. I'm not experienced in this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back