Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NECA is a big corporation and requires full payment when you buy through their online store, so it isn't totally surprising to see a startup business doing it.
eensyweensy.gif

Nick's not in good company, at least in my book.

I would love to, but I can't afford that up front right now, I think it looks fantastic, probably the best figural portrait of Stallone to date.
I’m really surprised to hear you say that. The likeness of the three zero Rambo 3 still blows this out of the water.

I concur - not entirely mad at payment up front, though an NRD of 10% would've been a lot better.

What is most unsettling is the uncertainty regarding final production sculpt versus hand-painted prototype (we all know what Sideshow face in terms of backlash every time they announce a 1/6 figure - "It won't look like that when it's done! Remember ________?!")

Well, with regards to Sideshow, that's held true since 2006, drop in quality from proto to production is an MO for them.

Not to say it can't happen here, but in nearly 20 years, Sideshow's never done anything to really work on that issue either.

I will take a 'wait and see' approach as well.

Surly a distributor will pick this up like Side Show or TM or KGH overseas. Unless Stallone and Nick are trying to cut out the 'middle man' and make all the profits (good luck)...very risky with a new untrusted venture to take this on. Could turn into a **** - show when shipping and logistics start...

Nicky won't share profits with anyone.

He's asking for full payment upfront. He has zero experience in the sixth scale game and I feel like he shoots down any suggestions made by the actual production team.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to hold off. I lose nothing by waiting -- other than the figure, but I don't want it enough to gamble $260 all at once.

No upfront payment unless it arrives within the 45-day PayPal protection window. If Nick's put as much research into the 1/6 game as he wants us to believe, he should've anticipated that buyers will be skeptical with a new manufacturer and planned the payment method accordingly. Molecule8 had some incredible veteran artists working on their prototypes, but this means nothing when it comes to production, quality control, and distribution.

I say this as someone who has no real issues with the figure itself. Had this required only a $30 deposit, I'd have already preordered.

Last edited:
I think it looks great. Dario, Sean and Inigo were involved in this. I'm guessing they're using the Kaustic Plastik pipeline. But I agree, who knows how production will ultimately turn out. Still, I'll order with the 10% off at some point.

I presume this is the prototype so the final production figures will not look as good, I am not blown away to be honest but FB is my favourite movie so I will get it.

The knife looks ****, 3d printed looks awful.

Bad paint can ruin the best of sculpts, Inigo's included.

I agree with the "wait and see" crowd. First figure out of the gate and all.

I do think the proto looks great though. So far, good work on the figure, Nick.

I will say, having watched the Sly unboxing again, that face inside the box doesn't look quite like the face in the professional photos. The video shows a 'doll' (Sly's word) with a much more pale complexion and a heavier beard.

Perhaps he's opening a production figure?

When is this supposed to ship?

I will say, having watched the Sly unboxing again, that face inside the box doesn't look quite like the face in the professional photos. The video shows a 'doll' (Sly's word) with a much more pale complexion and a heavier beard.

Perhaps he's opening a production figure?

When is this supposed to ship?
Late 2022

Unless Stallone and Nick are trying to cut out the 'middle man' and make all the profits (good luck)
--

Exactly.

Nick (and Stallone) likely have zero comprehension or respect of the 1:6 hobby as a business or any of the nuances we all know and learned as collectors asides from the design team we know/know of as fellow collectors.

This is purely a product to consumer end goal for them making the most $ possible.

tenor.gif

Back