Stallone line - First Blood Rambo released

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems to be quite a few differences there, and not just due to futzing.

Fit of the jacket, overall weathering, red shirt and the collar looks to be quite different, Paint app...

Agree. Beyond the finish of the headsculpt, the differences are evident by looking at the shape of the pocket flaps, as well as the position of the jacket pockets in relation to the buttons, for example:

fbsss-2.jpg

Even the shirt collar looks different. As @The Clown Prince of Crime said, the flag is also different: the one on the prototype is thinner and clumsily cropped, the one on the supposed final product is thicker, similar to the one on the old Hot Toys.

Fabio of Kaustic Plastik weighed in on this on One Sixth Republic, even though it does look like there are actual differences between the figures in the photos:

Fabio Varesi
For your information. This model is exactly the same as promotional pictures. Just comparing a mobile phone with no light picture VS a professional camera studio made picture. Some of you guys should know my company (Kaustic Plastik FYI), should know the quality of our projects (expecially the latest you should know very well). You should know that in my production team we have members of Dam Toys and Hot Toys. But guys,it is up to you. I think this is one of the best production I ever managed with an amazing team of artists behind it. But I know very well its hard to make everyone happy.

Fabio Varesi
... yes honestly it's something totally out of control how toxic this hobby is right now. Or probably they are just trolling. As you said we have some of the best artists in the 1/6 action figure world involved and a very good production team involved, but for some of this guys in the group is still not enough...
🙄

Fabio Varesi
... honestly I don't see the problem. I really thanks Nick and full Stallone staff that give me, Dario Barbera, Inigo Gil and Sean Dabbs the opportunity to realize a dream. What is wrong asking our team to develop something official for them? It's a sign of appreciation for my job and my staff members.

Fabio Varesi
For your information. This model is exactly the same as promotional pictures.

Let's focus on details that do not depend on the quality of a photo: is the jacket the same, sure? Do the bad light and lenses changes the shape and position of pockets, buttons and patches?

fbsss-2.jpg

Well, I appreciate the KP team, but that's enough. Especially this end of the year, with the flurry of figure releases that have been in pre-order for a long time, I'm tired of the differences between the prototypes and the final products. Photos and more retouched photos that later do not correspond to the real product. And this could be overlooked, but NOT when prices have gone crazy in general. And if we raise doubts because what they show us are A) Retouched photos of a prototype and B) Photos in a bar in which the figure looks different from the prototype, then we are toxic trolls. So now all we have to do is shut up, pay $260 + Shipping up front, pay import fees later and trust that the figure we receive will be just like the prototype, because the team says it. Enough is enough, really.

EDIT: btw, if all this troubles comes from the bad quality of a photo, then DO NOT PUBLISH IT.

Last edited:
Fabio of Kaustic Plastik weighed in on this on One Sixth Republic, even though it does look like there are actual differences between the figures in the photos:

Fabio Varesi
For your information. This model is exactly the same as promotional pictures. Just comparing a mobile phone with no light picture VS a professional camera studio made picture. Some of you guys should know my company (Kaustic Plastik FYI), should know the quality of our projects (expecially the latest you should know very well). You should know that in my production team we have members of Dam Toys and Hot Toys. But guys,it is up to you. I think this is one of the best production I ever managed with an amazing team of artists behind it. But I know very well its hard to make everyone happy.

Fabio Varesi
... yes honestly it's something totally out of control how toxic this hobby is right now. Or probably they are just trolling. As you said we have some of the best artists in the 1/6 action figure world involved and a very good production team involved, but for some of this guys in the group is still not enough...
🙄

Fabio Varesi
... honestly I don't see the problem. I really thanks Nick and full Stallone staff that give me, Dario Barbera, Inigo Gil and Sean Dabbs the opportunity to realize a dream. What is wrong asking our team to develop something official for them? It's a sign of appreciation for my job and my staff members.
I will take the blame for this , I posted my long comment above on One sixth Republic and a flurry of activity happened.

Fabio is a decent fellow and it's a shame that KP couldn't have been granted the licence for this figure and it's promotion rather than greedy Nick ruining the whole thing.

Kaustic Plastik don't get any credit on Stallone shop website listing although the artists do.

I have plenty of Kaustic Plastik figures and they are generally very good and great headsculpts and paint, so I can understand where he is coming from in a way.

I will take the blame for this , I posted my long comment above on One sixth Republic and a flurry of activity happened.

Fabio is a decent fellow and it's a shame that KP couldn't have been granted the licence for this figure and it's promotion rather than greedy Nick ruining the whole thing.

Kaustic Plastik don't get any credit on Stallone shop website listing although the artists do.

I have plenty of Kaustic Plastik figures and they are generally very good and great headsculpts and paint, so I can understand where he is coming from in a way.
I know KP and appreciate their work, but I simply can't believe both photos are of the same figure, sorry. Agree on the real problem: lack of knowledge of the 1/6 community and how to communicate with it. That's not KP fault, of course.

it would be cool if sly actually had some prototype head sculpts maybe at top three and had the fans pick the best one then make that into the actual prototype

Yeah I am not falling for another Pre order. That picture Nicky posted of the figure screams cheap. It doesn't look like $250. I don't expect it to look exactly like the prototype but that is a night and day difference.

I know KP and appreciate their work, but I simply can't believe both photos are of the same figure, sorry. Agree on the real problem: lack of knowledge of the 1/6 community and how to communicate with it. That's not KP fault, of course.
You know what the issue really is and the reason for the backlash, it's because a clown( Nick) is running and ruining the show. KP wouldn't post those phone camera photos of a figure that hasn't been released yet, that's why Fabio has never been involved in such negative comments.

KP would post official photos on social media and that would be the end of it until the figure is in customers hands then they could post their own photos.

But Nick ruins it with his photos which are shared by collectors on forums and fb .

You know what the issue really is and the reason for the backlash, it's because a clown( Nick) is running and ruining the show. KP wouldn't post those phone camera photos of a figure that hasn't been released yet, that's why Fabio has never been involved in such negative comments.

KP would post official photos on social media and that would be the end of it until the figure is in customers hands then they could post their own photos.

But Nick ruins it with his photos which are shared by collectors on forums and fb .
In addition, KP would make serious updates on important matters, such as revealing the improvements they will make to a figure based on the opinion of their customers (they have recently done it with their John Wayne). But as I commented a few days ago, KP was soon put out of the game, and the distribution and promotion passed exclusively into the hands of you know who. By the way, it's amazing that new tune from you know who, insisting that it took two years to make this figure, when KP was willing to announce "the full figure with pictures and pre orders" in mid-March 2020. In fact the prototype has apparently not changed since the first weird photos taken in strange places appeared on Instagram stories, and they haven't even bothered to put the knife sheath on the correct leg.

Silly question, but if the criticisms are that serious . . . why not direct them at Nick through all the usual channels and expose him for the clown he is to others who simply don't know?

Silly question, but if the criticisms are that serious . . . why not direct them at Nick through all the usual channels and expose him for the clown he is to others who simply don't know?
I think trying to talk seriously about 1/6 collecting on his usual channels would be like throwing a stone at a hornet's nest. He is a star, we are freaks. If he was really interested in these collectors and their world and interests, he would try to approach them where he knows they are. However, he is fine with selling the "dolls" to anyone, and possibly many buyers are not even 1/6 collectors. See the "unboxing": he is not selling the figure, he is selling Sly to a legion of fans.

Back